The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

personpitch

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by personpitch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:32 pm

What does the "-10 (e.g.)" part of the curve mean? For some reason I can't find an online source that explains it that way.

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 pm

personpitch wrote:What does the "-10 (etc.)" part of the curve mean? For some reason I can't find an online source that explains it that way.
It means the number of questions you can answer incorrectly but still get a 170?

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

LittleCrab wrote:
personpitch wrote:What does the "-10 (etc.)" part of the curve mean? For some reason I can't find an online source that explains it that way.
It means the number of questions you can answer incorrectly but still get a 170?
That was my hunch, but wasn't sure -- thanks! :D

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 pm

lemonlacroix wrote:Texted my study buddy panicking and he called me back and we had a nice debrief. It seemed like LG was good if you didn't focus on the upfront - much easier to just brute force for a lot of the questions

LR wasn't difficult if you focused on why wrong answers are wrong - we're both convinced some of the "right" answers were just not wrong.

RC was weird because there were obvious right answers for some of the questions.

We both think there will be a -11/-12 curve. Those LG were rough for him (he's kinda my gauge for LG difficulty) and some LR questions were just weird as fuck.
This is pretty much my takeaway. I wasn't getting any huge inferences on the LGs and they only had a few questions so I just applied the rules question by question. I was pressed for time on the last LG but overall I think I liked that approach.
I did the same as you for LR, especially since I think my first LR was experimental and it practically made you pick the answer that didn't totally suck. That got me in a sort of elimination groove for the real LR.

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:37 pm

This post is so quiet compare to the September waiters thread.........

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 pm

It seems as though you guys are sure that one of the real LR sections had 25 questions. My question is, was the 25 question LR the first section for everyone who had 3 LR sections? Because I'm really hoping that the first section was the experimental but I have no idea if it had 25 questions or not and I'm PRAYING that maybe not everyone had the 25 LR section as the first section of the exam?

ksparkley

New

Post by ksparkley » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey George,

I had the same test order as you too! I had the same third section of LR was the T-Rex I think and then the second LR was the exercise one and the first LR I can’t rememtbe but I think that one was experimental for me and it was unusually hard and barely had any role/conclusion/resolve questions that were like easy points. RC wasn’t that bad to be honest and LG wasn’t hard except for the last game with the apartment buildings, like WTF. Idk man, idk, I hope we did well. I’m stressing lowkey about that LR.
georgeNY wrote:So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?

Come to think of it, I *think* my second LR had a question in it about a company creating exercise classes for employees. Was this real or experimental? I hope real! That 26 section wasn't bad.

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 pm

ksparkley wrote:Hey George,

I had the same test order as you too! I had the same third section of LR was the T-Rex I think and then the second LR was the exercise one and the first LR I can’t rememtbe but I think that one was experimental for me and it was unusually hard and barely had any role/conclusion/resolve questions that were like easy points. RC wasn’t that bad to be honest and LG wasn’t hard except for the last game with the apartment buildings, like WTF. Idk man, idk, I hope we did well. I’m stressing lowkey about that LR.
georgeNY wrote:So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?

Come to think of it, I *think* my second LR had a question in it about a company creating exercise classes for employees. Was this real or experimental? I hope real! That 26 section wasn't bad.
I think they already confirmed that the 25 question LR was real so if that was your first one then it wasn't the experimental

ksparkley

New

Post by ksparkley » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Damn okay thanks mmarty
mmart207 wrote:

I think they already confirmed that the 25 question LR was real so if that was your first one then it wasn't the experimental

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Skadidas

New

Post by Skadidas » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:14 pm

This thread is too quiet haha. Any predictions for curve? -9? -10? Also, does anybody know if the LR question on software developers is experimental?

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 pm

ksparkley wrote:Damn okay thanks mmarty
mmart207 wrote:

Are you sure that your first section was a 25 question LR and not 26 questions? I'm really hoping the first section was my experimental but I cannot remember if it had 25 or 26 questions :(

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Skadidas wrote:This thread is too quiet haha. Any predictions for curve? -9? -10? Also, does anybody know if the LR question on software developers is experimental?
Dave Killoran says -11 or -12 which would be huuuuge. It seems familiar to me and I had an LG exp, so I’m gonna say no.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Honestly, I don't care about my score (I mean, ok, maybe a little), but there were quite a number of LR questions I'd love to know the answers to right now. Knights, Poem Paraphrase, Atom Fusion Energy just to name a few
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
Skadidas wrote:This thread is too quiet haha. Any predictions for curve? -9? -10? Also, does anybody know if the LR question on software developers is experimental?
Dave Killoran says -11 or -12 which would be huuuuge. It seems familiar to me and I had an LG exp, so I’m gonna say no.
I'm leaning 11 I think. 12 seems like a stretch.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Dave Killoran says that of the 2 real LR sections, one started with a question about tilapia and the other started with a question about a mayoral race. The mayoral race sounds kind of familiar, does anyone remember a little more about that question?

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 pm

who's Dave Killoran? Is there any chance that he could be right? *asks desperately*

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 pm

mmart207 wrote:Dave Killoran says that of the 2 real LR sections, one started with a question about tilapia and the other started with a question about a mayoral race. The mayoral race sounds kind of familiar, does anyone remember a little more about that question?
It was about prodevelopment and anti development candidates

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:40 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
mmart207 wrote:Dave Killoran says that of the 2 real LR sections, one started with a question about tilapia and the other started with a question about a mayoral race. The mayoral race sounds kind of familiar, does anyone remember a little more about that question?
It was about prodevelopment and anti development candidates
Thank you! For the people who had 3 LR sections, does anyone remember what the first question of the other LR was?

KylawRen

New

Post by KylawRen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:41 pm

3 of the games had very unusual elements to me. That threw me off. Were there games similar to these more recently ? I didn’t review past pt 74 or so. Now I wish I would have. Wondering if it would have helped with these games.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
I'm leaning 11 I think. 12 seems like a stretch.
11 and 12 would be clutch!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KylawRen

New

Post by KylawRen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:16 pm

etramak wrote:Unless I'm completely missing something I think the games were incredibly easy and straightforward. That being said I still probably went -5.

That Algonquin question though

I heard some people saying they were easy. I think they seemed easy once you got down to questions... I was just thrown off and missed some for sure because of that.

efficient

New

Post by efficient » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm

I had LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26), LG. Some people with LR experimental had a 26-question LR section while others had a 25-question LR section.

Does anyone who did not have experimental LR remember a question about swimming pools and lawn watering as related to water conservation during a drought? That question was in my second 25-question LR section.

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:23 pm

efficient wrote:I had LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26), LG. Some people with LR experimental had a 26-question LR section while others had a 25-question LR section.

Does anyone who did not have experimental LR remember a question about swimming pools and lawn watering as related to water conservation during a drought? That question was in my second 25-question LR section.
I had 3 LR sections, but I do not remember that question at all so maybe it was from your experimental section.

Jm0987

New

Post by Jm0987 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:00 am

efficient wrote:I had LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26), LG. Some people with LR experimental had a 26-question LR section while others had a 25-question LR section.

Do you remember a question about potato beetles and pesticide? I believe that was in the experimental. It was a strengthen question. A lot of people in the dec 2017 thread that had experimental lg/rc said they didn't remember that question.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”