When Do Disclosed Tests Become Available? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PanjandrumOfReason

New

When Do Disclosed Tests Become Available?

Post by PanjandrumOfReason » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:56 am

For disclosed tests, when do the 4 scored sections become available for viewing from one's LSAC account? In particular, do the questions become available within the 6 day cancellation period, so that one can see which sections were the scored ones and go through the questions slowly to predict their likely score before deciding whether or not to cancel? Thanks!

Platopus

Gold

Re: When Do Disclosed Tests Become Available?

Post by Platopus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:48 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PanjandrumOfReason

New

Post by PanjandrumOfReason » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am

Yes, it would be very nice. As far as the unscored section, I see that the reason they don't identify it during the exam is so that you treat it like a real section. But I think they should somehow have a way to let the test takers know which section was the unscored section during the 6 day cancellation period, so people don't stupidly cancel their score entirely because of a botched section that doesn't count. After the test is over, I see no reason why that info has to remain secret. :?

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:19 pm

People on the Internet usually piece together which section the experimental within hours of finishing the LSAT. You should not participate in this process, as it violates the non-discolsure agreement you sign when taking the test, but some people lack such scruples, and you'll get this information by the end of the day if you follow "LSAT celebrities" on Twitter.

That said, it's probably not worthwhile to cancel one's score for this reason anyhow. I would only cancel if I outright didn't finish large portions of the test because of a nervous breakdown or systematic misbubbling or something and was guaranteed to get a <150 as a result. A low score isn't meaningfully worse than a "C" for law-school admissions nowadays and you'll get useful information about how to improve for next time.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 pm

PanjandrumOfReason wrote:For disclosed tests, when do the 4 scored sections become available for viewing from one's LSAC account? In particular, do the questions become available within the 6 day cancellation period, so that one can see which sections were the scored ones and go through the questions slowly to predict their likely score before deciding whether or not to cancel? Thanks!
Just go to the waiter's thread that gets started after the test and it's usually figured out pretty quickly. If the thread OP is a good leader, they'll have it updated in the OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”