Dec. Predictions

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:50 pm

I get that it’s a shot in the dark to even suggest that we could predict the logical difficulty/content of the Dec. test, but considering the unique GRE circumstances, maybe it’s a little less stupid of an idea than usual?

What do you guys think? Are we likely to have a test without surprises? No changes whatsoever?

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7690
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm calling a weird game

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Mikey wrote:I'm calling a weird game


See that’s what I thought but would it be smart to do that when 6 schools just opened up the GRE door?

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7690
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:26 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm calling a weird game


See that’s what I thought but would it be smart to do that when 6 schools just opened up the GRE door?

I personally don't think the LSAT is going to change in what they give us because of the GRE. idk

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm calling a weird game


See that’s what I thought but would it be smart to do that when 6 schools just opened up the GRE door?

I personally don't think the LSAT is going to change in what they give us because of the GRE. idk


I will cry if I see a computer virus/trading/office game on my booklet. Cry.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Mikey wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm calling a weird game


See that’s what I thought but would it be smart to do that when 6 schools just opened up the GRE door?

I personally don't think the LSAT is going to change in what they give us because of the GRE. idk


LSAC isn't going to miraculously start making the LSAT easier, and even if they did, it would be easier for everyone so in theory nothing would really change... Maybe you just need a 170 instead of a 168... but top 1% is still top 1% regardless if it is a 170 or a 175.

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Platopus wrote:
Mikey wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm calling a weird game


See that’s what I thought but would it be smart to do that when 6 schools just opened up the GRE door?

I personally don't think the LSAT is going to change in what they give us because of the GRE. idk


LSAC isn't going to miraculously start making the LSAT easier, and even if they did, it would be easier for everyone so in theory nothing would really change... Maybe you just need a 170 instead of a 168... but top 1% is still top 1% regardless if it is a 170 or a 175.


100% agree it won’t be easier. But I’ve noticed that some tests (e.g. 72) are more predictable than for example 77 which has a weird game. Technically the test difficulties are the same (curves are the same) but one has a weird element to it. I’m just curious if the availability of another test would impact their willingness to shock us w/ a nasty game & such which I would assume pisses test takers off. Idk. Just speculating.

User avatar
sodomojo
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby sodomojo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Platopus wrote:LSAC isn't going to miraculously start making the LSAT easier, and even if they did, it would be easier for everyone so in theory nothing would really change... Maybe you just need a 170 instead of a 168... but top 1% is still top 1% regardless if it is a 170 or a 175.

Well how would that be any fair? If that does become the case, I don't see why the curve wouldn't just compensate as it always has.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:04 pm

sodomojo wrote:
Platopus wrote:LSAC isn't going to miraculously start making the LSAT easier, and even if they did, it would be easier for everyone so in theory nothing would really change... Maybe you just need a 170 instead of a 168... but top 1% is still top 1% regardless if it is a 170 or a 175.

Well how would that be any fair? If that does become the case, I don't see why the curve wouldn't just compensate as it always has.


That's my point. It wouldn't be fair to people taking the test, and if the test were somehow to actually be easier, everyone would benefit so it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby april_ludgate » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Aren't these tests created years in advance? Because they have to test them out in experimental sections first? So wouldn't the GRE or anything like that not have an affect for several years, if it had any at all?

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:46 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Aren't these tests created years in advance? Because they have to test them out in experimental sections first? So wouldn't the GRE or anything like that not have an affect for several years, if it had any at all?

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Barack O'Drama » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Aren't these tests created years in advance? Because they have to test them out in experimental sections first? So wouldn't the GRE or anything like that not have an affect for several years, if it had any at all?


I think this pretty much sums it up...

Maybe they have an easier LG section in the pipeline though? Wishful thinking I'm sure

User avatar
sodomojo
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby sodomojo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Platopus wrote:That's my point. It wouldn't be fair to people taking the test, and if the test were somehow to actually be easier, everyone would benefit so it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Oh yeah, well I meant unfair to people who took the test in the past when top 1% was only say a 170. Although I guess that would only matter for a brief period while you might still have applicants with scores from before. That's assuming that the percentiles change because LSAC is actively making the test easier of course. If the percentiles change because test takers are getting smarter (which seems to be what has happened over the last 10-20 years), then that's a non-issue.

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Tbh part of why I posted this is because there was a blog on Blueprint's website analyzing the Sep 2017 LSAT which suggested that LSAC might be loosening up a bit so I wanted to see if anyone here saw any merit in that

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby april_ludgate » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:41 pm

kiklavan wrote:Tbh part of why I posted this is because there was a blog on Blueprint's website analyzing the Sep 2017 LSAT which suggested that LSAC might be loosening up a bit so I wanted to see if anyone here saw any merit in that


link?

kiklavan
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby kiklavan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:42 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Tbh part of why I posted this is because there was a blog on Blueprint's website analyzing the Sep 2017 LSAT which suggested that LSAC might be loosening up a bit so I wanted to see if anyone here saw any merit in that


link?


http://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat/ ... gic-games/

User avatar
april_ludgate
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby april_ludgate » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:53 pm

kiklavan wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Tbh part of why I posted this is because there was a blog on Blueprint's website analyzing the Sep 2017 LSAT which suggested that LSAC might be loosening up a bit so I wanted to see if anyone here saw any merit in that


link?


http://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat/ ... gic-games/


thanks!

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Dec. Predictions

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:00 am

kiklavan wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Tbh part of why I posted this is because there was a blog on Blueprint's website analyzing the Sep 2017 LSAT which suggested that LSAC might be loosening up a bit so I wanted to see if anyone here saw any merit in that


link?


http://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat/ ... gic-games/



This is pretty interesting. I mean we can only hope it's the reason and an easier test in December but I'm never a fan of hard RC. Rather have hard LG.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest