TLS guides outdated? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Uhreevuhdarechi

New

TLS guides outdated?

Post by Uhreevuhdarechi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm

I am starting to prep for the LSAT soon and have been looking around at some of the guides on TLS. I have noticed that almost all of them are at least a few years old. Pithypike's guide gets a lot of praise around here but it hasn't been updated in 5 years - what changes should be made to this guide or any other old, common wisdom thrown around regarding lsat prep? Also, I don't think 7sage was around, or at least as prevalent as it is now when these guides were made. Are the 7sage courses worth the $$?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: TLS guides outdated?

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm

In short, the structure of the guides (How to study is still very relevant). Some of the materials are outdated, but there are better resources available. The Powerscore Bibles, Manhattan Prep and 7sage are the top 3 prep materials in my opinion. I did Powerscore and Manhattan and like the structure of the Manhattan books better. I also used The Trainer by Mike Kim which is very similar to the manhattan books and I definitely recommend that as well. The Trainer is the best RC resource Imo after trying several different methods, but RC is weird and some ppl have different preferences. The Manhattan RC book was also solid.

If you dont do a 7sage course the free logic game videos(JY created explanation videos for every Logic Game--these are all free) and articles on study techniques like Fool-proof method and Blind review are a MUST. As far as the full 7sage course, I havent had experience with that, but with my experience with the LG videos I imagine they are top notch. Also 7sage explanation videos for LR and RC Im sure are totally worth it too based off my experience with the LG ones (at this point in my prep I kinda wish i had them).

Best of Luck!

LawTweet

Bronze

Re: TLS guides outdated?

Post by LawTweet » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:56 pm

I started at a decent point on a diagnostic, like 162 or something with most of my issues coming from logic games. I used 7Sage for LG and thought it was so great that I paid for the course. For me, it was useless. Their LG lessons were great but my score actually went down when I applied their strategies for LR. If you're already strong on reading and LR, I wouldn't bother 7Sage personally.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”