Logic games prep books Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tk89raven

New

Logic games prep books

Post by tk89raven » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:42 pm

In brief:I took the LSAT years ago but decided to defer matriculation. My score has since expired. I have lately decided that I would like to take the February exam. I've read the powerscore LG and RC books and taken three practice tests. The most recent was today (PrepTest 65). I bombed logic games (missed seven). Everything else was fine.

What prep materials (beyond the powerscore book) are best for fixing that logic games deficiency? I realize the first ingredient is more practice.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: Logic games prep books

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm

tk89raven wrote:In brief:I took the LSAT years ago but decided to defer matriculation. My score has since expired. I have lately decided that I would like to take the February exam. I've read the powerscore LG and RC books and taken three practice tests. The most recent was today (PrepTest 65). I bombed logic games (missed seven). Everything else was fine.

What prep materials (beyond the powerscore book) are best for fixing that logic games deficiency? I realize the first ingredient is more practice.

I know it's not a book, but I think 7Sage is now the best thing to use to improve on games. All of their LG explanations are free and you can learn all the methods from watching these videos.

https://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:32 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
tk89raven wrote:In brief:I took the LSAT years ago but decided to defer matriculation. My score has since expired. I have lately decided that I would like to take the February exam. I've read the powerscore LG and RC books and taken three practice tests. The most recent was today (PrepTest 65). I bombed logic games (missed seven). Everything else was fine.

I know it's not a book, but I think 7Sage is now the best thing to use to improve on games. All of their LG explanations are free and you can learn all the methods from watching these videos.

https://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/
Absolutely. I have gone through both the LG bible and the Manhattan LG Book and found most of my games "Fool-proofing" like 7sage suggests. I do suggest that your foundational book is the Manhattan one (Its great for LR too). The way Manhattan organizes its material and explains the material seemed to sink in more for me than the Bibles did. But to each its own. I dont think you can go wrong with either, however, definitely watch 7 sage videos and Fool- Proof.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm

I'll go ahead and +1 the advice on 7Sage. Those guys changed the game for LSAT prep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”