Incorrect answers on practice tests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Barack Zuckerkorn

New

Incorrect answers on practice tests

Post by Barack Zuckerkorn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi :)

What should one do with the incorrect answers when one completes a practice test ?
I know that its best to save them, but what then?
Is it best to re-test oneself under testing conditions or work through them carefully to seek out the errors

Thank you :)

littlewing67

Silver

Re: Incorrect answers on practice tests

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Vianco

New

Post by Vianco » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Barack Zuckerkorn wrote:Hi :)

What should one do with the incorrect answers when one completes a practice test ?
Is it best to re-test oneself under testing conditions or work through them carefully to seek out the errors

Ideally you should be blind reviewing. After taking a timed PT I have another blank test copy that I use for blind reviewing where I go through the whole test without any time constraints so I can really understand why each answer choice is correct and why the other 4 answer choices are wrong. At this point I haven't looked at the answer key or graded my test to see how many questions I got right/wrong.

Afterwards, I keep track of all of the LR questions that gave me trouble and make a drill set of tougher questions for that PT. I keep track of hard logic games that I want to redo later. RC is my weakest section so I redo timed RC sections later on.

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Vianco wrote:

Ideally you should be blind reviewing. After taking a timed PT I have another blank test copy that I use for blind reviewing where I go through the whole test without any time constraints so I can really understand why each answer choice is correct and why the other 4 answer choices are wrong. At this point I haven't looked at the answer key or graded my test to see how many questions I got right/wrong.

Afterwards, I keep track of all of the LR questions that gave me trouble and make a drill set of tougher questions for that PT. I keep track of hard logic games that I want to redo later. RC is my weakest section so I redo timed RC sections later on.

Damn, that's a lot of patience. I can't wait to check the answers after I finish. I jump the gun. :)

Vianco

New

Post by Vianco » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 pm

damask_rain wrote:
Vianco wrote:

Damn, that's a lot of patience. I can't wait to check the answers after I finish. I jump the gun. :)
Yeah, the blind review process is pretty brutal. With that being said, it's really helped my PT scores since I'm developing a strong understanding of the test after going through each question that I struggle with both during and after the test.

I took PT 46 on Saturday and just finished blind reviewing today. I took Sunday off and didn't get nearly as much studying on Monday and Tuesday as I usually would. Typically the blind review process takes me a day or two. Got a 172 on the timed test and my blind review score was a 179. From what I've read on the internet, this test seems to be one of the easier PTs but it still feels good to score such a high BR. My breakdown was actually 26/26 on RC, 24/25 LR Section 2, 20/26 LR Section 3 and 22/22 LG. I thought the section 3 LR was actually pretty difficult and I definitely learned a lot after blind reviewing this section.

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Vianco wrote:
damask_rain wrote:
Vianco wrote:

Yeah, the blind review process is pretty brutal. With that being said, it's really helped my PT scores since I'm developing a strong understanding of the test after going through each question that I struggle with both during and after the test.

I took PT 46 on Saturday and just finished blind reviewing today. I took Sunday off and didn't get nearly as much studying on Monday and Tuesday as I usually would. Typically the blind review process takes me a day or two. Got a 172 on the timed test and my blind review score was a 179. From what I've read on the internet, this test seems to be one of the easier PTs but it still feels good to score such a high BR. My breakdown was actually 26/26 on RC, 24/25 LR Section 2, 20/26 LR Section 3 and 22/22 LG. I thought the section 3 LR was actually pretty difficult and I definitely learned a lot after blind reviewing this section.

I took PT 46 today as well. I thought the test was comparably easy, but I think the curve was pretty harsh. LG and RC were the easiest for me for this test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”