Got the same score as in February. Need advice

dlutfy

Got the same score as in February. Need advice

Postby dlutfy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:35 pm

I got a 167 in February and a 167 in September. I somehow got -4 in games, which completely fucked up my score. I would have had a 171 otherwise. I even got a -1 in candor and I really improved my reading comp. It feels horrible that I choked in games and that negated all my improvement.

Do I go for another retake? I've literally used all the material and I've done several of the tests twice. I don't even know how I would proceed studying. I have a 3.93 GPA too so I don't want to waste it.

Aughhhh the lsat :cry:

sparkytrainer

Re: Got the same score as in February. Need advice

Postby sparkytrainer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes retake. Before I got my 175+ official score, I had taken every lsat from 1-70 at least twice, most three times. If you are diligent and don't attempt to predict the answer because you vaguely remember, then they are just as good.

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Can't hurt to retake in December. You are right, you don't want to waste that GPA. It's probably a bit of a bummer right now, but it's not the end of the world. I say give it a shot again in December. You'll probably get waitlisted at some schools, especially if you are retaking, but a strong December test can hopefully get you off a couple if you are intent on attending next year. If not, keep retaking until you hit that 170+ and apply next summer

runinthefront

Postby runinthefront » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

You should definitely retake. Don't waste that GPA if you don't have to.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”