GPA Question

ataraska

GPA Question

Postby ataraska » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:22 pm

I attended two different colleges as an undergrad student. I was wondering if law schools are taken back with two different colleges on my application. My first college I had a 2.9 GPA with 61 credits and my second college I have a 3.958 GPA with 51 credits. I wanted to know if law schools are taken back by the fact that I attended two different colleges and did better in one school than the other? Do I have a good shot at a decent law school or law school at all?

Mikey

Re: GPA Question

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 pm

It doesn't matter at all that you went to 2 different schools.

LSAC will recalculate your GPA based on your undergrad history (so both schools) and schools will really just care about that LSAC calculated GPA.

So don't worry about it. having gone to 2 schools and doing better at one over the other really does not matter

ataraska

Postby ataraska » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

How do my chances look though? Based on the GPA numbers I provided. I believe it comes out to a 3.38 cumulative GPA.

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm

ataraska wrote:How do my chances look though? Based on the GPA numbers I provided. I believe it comes out to a 3.38 cumulative GPA.

Wouldn't know without the actual details. LSAC literally takes your transcript and recalcs your GPA based on what grades are on it.

albanach

Postby albanach » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm

ataraska wrote:How do my chances look though? Based on the GPA numbers I provided. I believe it comes out to a 3.38 cumulative GPA.

Without an LSAT score, no one knows. Do you have an actual LSAT score yet? Guesses, estimates and practice tests don't count.

Once you have a score and an LSAC compiled GPA, plug your details in at lawschoolnumbers.com

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 pm

No idea at all. Do you have an LSAT score, and if so what is it? What schools do you want to go to?

ataraska

Postby ataraska » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I haven't taken the LSAT as of yet. How much does LSAC change your GPA from what it actually is? Is it substantial?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm

ataraska wrote:I haven't taken the LSAT as of yet. How much does LSAC change your GPA from what it actually is? Is it substantial?

Once you have an LSAT score and have your GPA recalculated by LSAC, come back here and ask again because to be honest with you, there is no way to tell if you will get into a school or not based on just knowing your 2 GPA's.

Also, whatever your LSAC GPA comes down to will be based off of their way of doing things. refer to these to know generally what they do:
https://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/policies ... marization
https://www.lsac.org/jd/applying-to-law ... rade-table

they will take all of your undergrad history and put it all into 1 GPA.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”