February LSAT for Fall Admission Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
paperworkjim

New

February LSAT for Fall Admission

Post by paperworkjim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:34 pm

I know there are a few topics on this but I wanted to see if anyone has any updated insights. I am planning on taking the December LSAT, but am afraid I will be a bit underprepared for it. I was wondering if taking the Feb LSAT (2nd take) would be too late for Fall admission. I have a high GPA (4.0+) from a top flagship state school, and am shooting for HYS, just for reference. Has anyone had success with taking the Feb LSAT and applying?

Thanks so much for any information.

icechicken

Bronze

Re: February LSAT for Fall Admission

Post by icechicken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Check the websites for each of these schools. You'll learn the answers to this question and more.

Short answer: Yale doesn't care (makes sense given the way their admissions process works), Stanford requires you to get permission to use a February score, Harvard's FAQ implies that they won't take a February score.

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 pm

paperworkjim wrote:I know there are a few topics on this but I wanted to see if anyone has any updated insights. I am planning on taking the December LSAT, but am afraid I will be a bit underprepared for it. I was wondering if taking the Feb LSAT (2nd take) would be too late for Fall admission. I have a high GPA (4.0+) from a top flagship state school, and am shooting for HYS, just for reference. Has anyone had success with taking the Feb LSAT and applying?

Thanks so much for any information.
Depends on the school - I believe schools on the lower tier will probably accept a Feb LSAT. Depends on where you want to go.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm sure there's a chance, but that late in the cycle there will be less spots and scholarship money. Why would you do that to yourself? If I were in your shoes, I would delay a cycle. But who knows, you might rock December and not need to take Feb. If you have to take again, like I said, I would delay because Feb is an undisclosed test. I would hate just getting my score and not being able to see where I went wrong to determine if I could have done better. Delaying a cycle and taking in June would be ideal because the test typically has a 12:30 report time instead of 8:30. All factors to consider.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”