-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
10
7%
177-175
15
11%
174-172
18
13%
171-169
21
15%
168-166
23
17%
165-160
27
20%
159-155
13
9%
154-150
7
5%
<150
4
3%
 
Total votes: 138

User avatar
GnarMarBinx

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby GnarMarBinx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
sev wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Buying shots for poll ideas

Approximate LSAT score after six shots of whiskey/tequila/vodka.


Haha I was joking about this with a friend. Actually want to try it. I think id fare better with whiskey


Six shots first thing in the morning, then five hours in a testing center with only one water break? That sounds like a formula for three sections of bad decision making, then three sections with a headache.


We got some sweet poll ideas. I'm thinking 1st favorite booze 2nd what can you PT drunk 3rd something else

Also, I've never laughed so hard at a video jfc

[youtube]jq0V6Ejf_XI


Those are some hardcore NECKSERCISES, bro. Laughed my ass off hahahaha


Bro, neck day>leg day


Skip leg day? Totally fine. But only plebs skip neck day.

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:42 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
clemsonbill wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Buying shots for poll ideas


Area of law you are interested in practicing?

that is too on topic

favorite alcohol??


I call booze. Anybody want to second this?

Seconded


180


I'm tipsy and thinking:
jack
vodka
mimosa
margarita (frozen or on the rocks, your preference)
Jägerbomb
Bearfight
Jin and tonic
Rum and Coke
Some pretentious wine
A local IPA


It's not a bad start, but I'd make some of the options more generic, and include something for the mass numbers who drink cheap beer.

Whisk(e)y
Vodka
Rum
Drinking for breakfast
Fruity mixed drinks
Shots
Liquor-forward mixed drinks
Some pretentious wine
Geek-out beer
Cheap beer
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:59 am

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cblack11

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby cblack11 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 am

littlewing67 wrote:First of all, y'all skipped the best drink ever aka amaretto sour.

Also, I couldn't sleep at all last night, I kept having nightmares of not being able to get into a T14. I'm nervous I didn't score high enough this Sept., and what if I don't in Dec. either??????? *dies a little inside* This wait is driving me insane.



You better have a lot of amaretto sours the next 14 days then.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:16 am

littlewing67 wrote:First of all, y'all skipped the best drink ever aka amaretto sour.

Also, I couldn't sleep at all last night, I kept having nightmares of not being able to get into a T14. I'm nervous I didn't score high enough this Sept., and what if I don't in Dec. either??????? *dies a little inside* This wait is driving me insane.

if we need to retake in December we should totally go out after it and get completely fucking bombed

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:11 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Anon-e-miss » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:22 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:if we need to retake in December we should totally go out after it and get completely fucking bombed


+1 yassss plzzz

Seriously though is my T14 or bust mentality unnecessary for PI? Not interested in big law and want to work with the Innocence Project or Southern Death Penalty Center or something akin to either.

Idk that T14 or bust is absolutely necessary, but going to a top school will definitely help. If you look at the Innocence Project website's staff page, at least half of their attorneys, especially the younger ones, went to T14 schools like NYU and Columbia (and even GULC)

ETA: I'm 100% PI-focused and also plan on a T14 or bust mentality because I'm more risk averse (i.e. being unemployed after the bar) than debt averse. I would probably take a large scholarship at MVPDCN over near-sticker at T6 though, despite the LRAPs
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:13 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Anon-e-miss » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:47 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Seriously though is my T14 or bust mentality unnecessary for PI? Not interested in big law and want to work with the Innocence Project or Southern Death Penalty Center or something akin to either.

Idk that T14 or bust is absolutely necessary, but going to a top school will definitely help. If you look at the Innocence Project website's staff page, at least half of their attorneys, especially the younger ones, went to T14 schools like NYU and Columbia (and even GULC)

ETA: I'm 100% PI-focused and also plan on a T14 or bust mentality because I'm more risk averse (i.e. being unemployed after the bar) than debt averse. I would probably take a large scholarship at MVPDCN over near-sticker at T6 though, despite the LRAPs


Thanks! Maybe I'll do some digging and see what schools the staff attorneys went to at the orgs I'm interested in. I see a large portion of the staff attorneys worked for the Bronx Defenders before working for the Innocence Project.

I'm just speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Innocent Project doesn't do entry-level hiring or only hires grads with Skadden or other funded fellowships
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:10 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:if we need to retake in December we should totally go out after it and get completely fucking bombed


+1 yassss plzzz

Seriously though is my T14 or bust mentality unnecessary for PI? Not interested in big law and want to work with the Innocence Project or Southern Death Penalty Center or something akin to either.


As a fellow PI gunner, I'm giving Vandy serious consideration. I might also take a Bama offer if it were sweet enough - their FC numbers are great, and that has to be of some use for pursuing PI.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cmoney $$

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Cmoney $$ » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Quick question. Is it worthwhile to submit applications before scores drop? I know many schools have an option to hold a decision until scores drop. I've submitted a few applications this way already and received confirmation that they are indeed waiting for my new scores before going under review. My question is, do the schools request a new score report automatically, or do I have to request them be sent again and pay the 35 dollar fee? It would seem like a waste if I already paid for the cas report. Any insight would be helpful.

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Cmoney $$ wrote:Quick question. Is it worthwhile to submit applications before scores drop? I know many schools have an option to hold a decision until scores drop. I've submitted a few applications this way already and received confirmation that they are indeed waiting for my new scores before going under review. My question is, do the schools request a new score report automatically, or do I have to request them be sent again and pay the 35 dollar fee? It would seem like a waste if I already paid for the cas report. Any insight would be helpful.


LSAC will automatically forward the new score to all schools that you applied to - no action needed on your end, and definitely no extra money spent!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

DRUNK POLL UPDATE

Socratease

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Socratease » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:21 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:DRUNK POLL UPDATE


need a la croix option for all of the teetotalers on here (there are dozens of us!) :P

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:59 am

Socratease wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:DRUNK POLL UPDATE


need a la croix option for all of the teetotalers on here (there are dozens of us!) :P


This is the first time I've ever heard of that word. How common is that expression?

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Socratease wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:DRUNK POLL UPDATE


need a la croix option for all of the teetotalers on here (there are dozens of us!) :P


This is the first time I've ever heard of that word. How common is that expression?


It's a pretty common word, if somewhat old fashioned.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Mikey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:48 pm

vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Mikey wrote:vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!


As I've gotten older, I've drifted towards beer, wine, and whisk(e)y. I don't drink nearly a much as I used to, but I spend nearly the same amount of money when I do.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby twiix » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:58 pm

where's the rum option? you're a damn disgrace. :(

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:02 pm

twiix wrote:where's the rum option? you're a damn disgrace. :(


I guess you're forced to choose between the clear liquor option (vodka), the barrel-aged liquor option (whiskey), and mixed drinks that include rum. It's too bad, too, because top-shelf rums can be some of the finest booze on the planet. About the only mixed drink I'll still sip on is Ron Zacapa and Mexican Coke, which is absolutely wonderful.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:05 pm

twiix wrote:where's the rum option? you're a damn disgrace. :(

Agreed. I picked whiskey over vodka I guess, but rum and coke is forever my go-to.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Mikey wrote:vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!


I love mimosa's too, but i only do that if im drinking early in the day which isnt the case most of the time

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Mikey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!


I love mimosa's too, but i only do that if im drinking early in the day which isnt the case most of the time

I first had a mimosa at a brunch when I met some of the c/o 2020 peeps :)

tis declishhh

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!


I love mimosa's too, but i only do that if im drinking early in the day which isnt the case most of the time

I first had a mimosa at a brunch when I met some of the c/o 2020 peeps :)

tis declishhh

zaaammnn youve been missing out then bro

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Mikey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:vodka :)

I just recently got into beer over the summer. prior to that I hated it but now I'm fond of it

mimosa is delicious tho!


I love mimosa's too, but i only do that if im drinking early in the day which isnt the case most of the time

I first had a mimosa at a brunch when I met some of the c/o 2020 peeps :)

tis declishhh

zaaammnn youve been missing out then bro

I knowwwww :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests