-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby GnarMarBinx » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 am

Just watched the first episode of season 2 of The Good Place. It escalated quickly

april_ludgate

Bronze

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 am

GnarMarBinx wrote:Just watched the first episode of season 2 of The Good Place. It escalated quickly

no spoilers!! I'm waiting til the whole season comes out to binge watch

caramelizedgod

New

Postby caramelizedgod » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:21 am

Any Canadians applying to Canadian schools here?

UHB

New

Postby UHB » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:47 am

What about a best POTUS poll? You can use one of the standard top ten lists out there.

augustyyy

New

Postby augustyyy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:04 am

suddenly had a very clear feeling that I got a 167 or 168, absolutely crushed it :( :(

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 am

GnarMarBinx wrote:Just watched the first episode of season 2 of The Good Place. It escalated quickly

IT WAS SO GOOD THOUGH :D
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

Had an LSAT dream finally lol. It was weird af

So I had a dream that I was registered for the September test and my ticket said to be there at 4 pm. I reprinted my ticket before I left my house and failed to realize that the time changed from 4pm to 1pm. I was on my way to the testing center when I realized this and I was already late af so I couldn't take it. I was like "Welp, there's always December, fuck it"

Lmao stupid ass dream

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

augustyyy wrote:suddenly had a very clear feeling that I got a 167 or 168, absolutely crushed it :( :(

Don’t let yourself be upset by a feeling you’re getting over a week after the test. You’re probably just forgetting what was on it, and as the material gets fuzzier you can’t remember what answers you knew were right. In either case, a 167 or a 168 aren’t the worst things that could happen, it’ll all work out either way. Don’t let yourself get upset because of a sudden thought that probably isn’t right, I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised on grey day. You got this!! :)
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DistrictDisaster

Bronze

Postby DistrictDisaster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 am

I spend easily 20 minutes a day on LSN trying to find some magic past applicant who has my GPA and a shitty LSAT score and still got money at Columbia. I don't think that person is out there. Sob.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 am

caramelizedgod wrote:Any Canadians applying to Canadian schools here?

I'm applying to Canadian schools

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:05 am

Ntp73821 wrote:

IT WAS SO GOOD THOUGH :D

SO CRAZY!!

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 am

april_ludgate wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?

No thanks. That's pretty condescending.

Hence "shitposting."

What about favorite amendment? Favorite time period? Favorite place to vacation? What is/was your major(s)? How long did you study for the LSAT? Favorite hobbies?

We could do more demographics, I've been wondering how old everyone is for one

I think it's more fun to tie specific demographics to individual users. We should start a sharing circle of personal and identifiable details so that adcom's can tie everything we post back to our applications and then promptly get us declined from attending. I'll start.

Mid 20's (working for 3/4 years out of UG).
White - Eastern European descent
Midwest
Stem degree

AMA!

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:31 am

Nightmares about bad LSAT scores have begun. I need that -11 curve yo

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 am

Walliums wrote:Nightmares about bad LSAT scores have begun. I need that -11 curve yo

I'll be here for you when you get your 180 :mrgreen:

I haven't had an lsat dream yet. Hopefully I wont at all haha

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 am

chewinggum wrote:
Walliums wrote:Nightmares about bad LSAT scores have begun. I need that -11 curve yo

yeah me either, its kind of concerning how nonchalant I've been since taking the test. Everyone else is concerned and nervous, and I feel like I should be too. Getting an awful score is gonna catch me off guard and knock me into clinical depression after I have to start studying again

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

twiix wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

yeah me either, its kind of concerning how nonchalant I've been since taking the test. Everyone else is concerned and nervous, and I feel like I should be too. Getting an awful score is gonna catch me off guard and knock me into clinical depression after I have to start studying again

I'm sure you did really well, Twiix :)

Are you going to continue studying?

DistrictDisaster

Bronze

Postby DistrictDisaster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:22 am

Having the nightmares too. I think not having them is a great thing! No doubt means you did well and your exhausted shattered brain knows it.

I can't make myself keep studying right now though. Basically figure after grey day I'll take stock. If I have to retake, I'm not quite sure how to study again. I guess just review materials a few hours a week and redo practice tests?? I feel like I studied a lot the first time, just flaked / stressed out.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:32 am

chewinggum wrote:
twiix wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

I'm sure you did really well, Twiix :)

Are you going to continue studying?

I'll start studying after I make some more progress with my essays. I want to get at least my first "decent" draft complete, and then I'll start the drilling up again. Gonna put off any PT's until probably November and just focus on the fundamentals for awhile. I hope we all did well! Drinks on me for everyone if I pull off a 170, hahaha

DistrictDisaster wrote:Having the nightmares too. I think not having them is a great thing! No doubt means you did well and your exhausted shattered brain knows it.

I can't make myself keep studying right now though. Basically figure after grey day I'll take stock. If I have to retake, I'm not quite sure how to study again. I guess just review materials a few hours a week and redo practice tests?? I feel like I studied a lot the first time, just flaked / stressed out.

This is relieving. But I wouldn't rush back into studying. Take some time and work on apps. Enjoy your time off, you worked hard. If you're looking for study partners for retaking we might be able to set up something similar to what the June group did. I think partnering up in 2 or 3 person groups works the best. I'm going to just drill the 3 or 4 LR types that I think I have room for improvement on, and focus on RC like crazy.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:34 am

DistrictDisaster wrote:Having the nightmares too. I think not having them is a great thing! No doubt means you did well and your exhausted shattered brain knows it.

Would this be your first retake? Studying for retake is thankfully different :)

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:40 am

twiix wrote:I'll start studying after I make some more progress with my essays. I want to get at least my first "decent" draft complete, and then I'll start the drilling up again. Gonna put off any PT's until probably November and just focus on the fundamentals for awhile. I hope we all did well! Drinks on me for everyone if I pull off a 170, hahaha

Yea, I feel the same. I'm really behind on billables at work but I can't bring myself to care enough to not continue to work on apps/essays lol

It's almost October which means it's almost grey season

augustyyy

New

Postby augustyyy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:43 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
augustyyy wrote:suddenly had a very clear feeling that I got a 167 or 168, absolutely crushed it :( :(

Don’t let yourself be upset by a feeling you’re getting over a week after the test. You’re probably just forgetting what was on it, and as the material gets fuzzier you can’t remember what answers you knew were right. In either case, a 167 or a 168 aren’t the worst things that could happen, it’ll all work out either way. Don’t let yourself get upset because of a sudden thought that probably isn’t right, I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised on grey day. You got this!! :)

thanksssss exactly what I need to hear <3<3

april_ludgate

Bronze

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am

twiix wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?

No thanks. That's pretty condescending.

Hence "shitposting."

What about favorite amendment? Favorite time period? Favorite place to vacation? What is/was your major(s)? How long did you study for the LSAT? Favorite hobbies?

We could do more demographics, I've been wondering how old everyone is for one

I think it's more fun to tie specific demographics to individual users. We should start a sharing circle of personal and identifiable details so that adcom's can tie everything we post back to our applications and then promptly get us declined from attending. I'll start.

Mid 20's (working for 3/4 years out of UG).
White - Eastern European descent
Midwest
Stem degree

AMA!

Early 20s (K-JD)
At school in NYC
White/eastern european
Mid-atlantic
PoliSci degree (hopefully; still have to write my thesis. And, you know, graduate.)

april_ludgate

Bronze

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am

chewinggum wrote:
twiix wrote:I'll start studying after I make some more progress with my essays. I want to get at least my first "decent" draft complete, and then I'll start the drilling up again. Gonna put off any PT's until probably November and just focus on the fundamentals for awhile. I hope we all did well! Drinks on me for everyone if I pull off a 170, hahaha

Yea, I feel the same. I'm really behind on billables at work but I can't bring myself to care enough to not continue to work on apps/essays lol

It's almost October which means it's almost grey season

can someone tell me what grey season is? I've been trying to figure out by context clues but I have not succeeded

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:57 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

DistrictDisaster

Bronze

Postby DistrictDisaster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:58 am

Walliums wrote:

Would this be your first retake? Studying for retake is thankfully different :)

Yep, Sept. was my first shot at the test. I think I was doing ok on prep and put in a pretty hefty amount of studying considering I work full time, but I really struggled with the mental discipline part of the test. Getting that trial RC section first kind of shattered me and the rest is a blur. I think I did fine on logic games, the rest very iffy. I kept losing track of time. Really want a 170 and was getting 170-172 on 95% of my PTs but I think I'll be lucky if I get a 165.

Thanks all for the reassurance that studying again isn't so bad. What you're saying makes a lot of sense. A bit of review and then in the last 4 weeks ramp up with the PTs. I only have a few from the 50s-80s that I haven't done, but honestly I think I remember zero of it so pretty sure I can just redo them. (Who remembers that stuff??) More than anything I need to do all my PTs with JUST a watch. Screwed myself over there using the phone timer too often.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?