-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
10
7%
177-175
15
11%
174-172
18
13%
171-169
21
15%
168-166
23
17%
165-160
27
20%
159-155
13
9%
154-150
7
5%
<150
4
3%
 
Total votes: 138

ugatvandy

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby ugatvandy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm

OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
ugatvandy wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
creed wrote:when u spend all day doing politics and then tls is also doing politics.

and of all things, having an argument over whether bernie sanders, obviously not a communist, is a communist

here's a good way to see whether or not bernie sanders is a communist

look at literally any-- any-- of his 2016 proposals. not only are they not communist proposals, they're barely democratic socialist proposals. if you think he's a communist, you either don't understand his views, don't understand communism, or aren't operating in good faith. next!


Like I said, he toned it down when he ran as a Democrat.

Trump gets dragged (and rightly so) for pandering to white nationalists and Nazis, but Bernie spends his life carrying water for an ideology responsible for 100 million dead in the 20th century and people feel the need to run interference for him.


Just because something is the same in name does not mean it's the same in ideology or execution, theoretical or otherwise. Yes, Bernie identifies as a socialist, but it's in no way similar to the socialism of Castro and others of that nature.

Douchedick Drumpf on the other hand has views and comments that line up PERFECTLY with an ideology that has oppressed and murdered specific groups of people for hundreds of years, and there's no room for interpretation there. Socialism can be seen as many things by many people, but it's pretty fucking hard to spin white supremacy as anything other than white people who think they're better than other people just because they're white.

Let's not compare a racist rapist to a well-intentioned man.


Ah, at least he's well-intentioned. Never mind the hundred million corpses.


Lmao byeeeeeeeeeee

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm

ugatvandy wrote:Nathan Fox also had a really enjoyable podcast about the LSAT (The Thinking LSAT Podcast). And the book costs so much because the questions are real LSAT questions, and lsat charges like 5 cents per question if you use it in a publication or whatever, and then they have to be able to pay for the cost of paper and production as well as make a profit. It's actually pretty reasonable in my opinion.


Ofc! But if there’s someone here that’s done with it and doesn’t need it, it would be one TLSer helping another. I’ll definitley grab it from Amazon if this doesn’t work out

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:01 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GnarMarBinx

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby GnarMarBinx » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:00 pm

chewinggum wrote:Is there anyone on here who works out a lot/has a routine?


I have been working out consistently 5-7 days a week for 6-7 years, and have been counting my macronutrients to help myself gain/lose weight for about 2 years. The gym is my happy place and I almost competed in a physique competition at one point. If you or anyone else on here has any questions, shoot me a PM, cause I've always been super passionate about fitness and love helping people out with it!

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby chewinggum » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:09 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Is there anyone on here who works out a lot/has a routine?


I have been working out consistently 5-7 days a week for 6-7 years, and have been counting my macronutrients to help myself gain/lose weight for about 2 years. The gym is my happy place and I almost competed in a physique competition at one point. If you or anyone else on here has any questions, shoot me a PM, cause I've always been super passionate about fitness and love helping people out with it!

I'll PM you! Thanks!

User avatar
jjdude14

Bronze
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby jjdude14 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Despite all the encouragement not to, my gym/weight loss routine got haulted in the last 3 weeks before the LSAT and I haven't really felt up to getting back in it since. Anybody have any tips to get back on the horse (or treadmill ig)?

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby twiix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Location
2. Atmosphere/School Mentality
3. Joint degree programs
4. See 1&2

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Scholarship
2. Employment numbers

Idgaf about anything else to be honest

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm

twiix wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Location
2. Atmosphere/School Mentality
3. Joint degree programs
4. See 1&2


This and Alumni base/networking & Job Placement

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby twiix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
twiix wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Location
2. Atmosphere/School Mentality
3. Joint degree programs
4. See 1&2


This and Alumni base/networking & Job Placement


Alumni base is something I should have put as number 4 instead of repeating. I feel like job placement is a given, and so is scholarship.. so I didn't include those two items. Especially since scholarship can work inversely to me wanting to attend a given school if I didn't get any :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:37 pm

twiix wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
twiix wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Location
2. Atmosphere/School Mentality
3. Joint degree programs
4. See 1&2


This and Alumni base/networking & Job Placement


Alumni base is something I should have put as number 4 instead of repeating. I feel like job placement is a given, and so is scholarship.. so I didn't include those two items. Especially since scholarship can work inversely to me wanting to attend a given school if I didn't get any :lol: :lol:


yeah I agree. Ill weigh scholarship but its not my top goal. For example, I wouldnt opt out of a t6 for a lower t14 scholarship. Typically my reasoning though for that also is tied to my other preferences like location i.e I rather be in the NE (mainly NY) and this comes with an atmosphere preference, great alumni base and great job placement. So yeah, they all go hand in hand for me, but basically Im not just going to go to the school with the best scholarship, unless of course, it works in my favor

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm

twiix wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
twiix wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Location
2. Atmosphere/School Mentality
3. Joint degree programs
4. See 1&2


This and Alumni base/networking & Job Placement


Alumni base is something I should have put as number 4 instead of repeating. I feel like job placement is a given, and so is scholarship.. so I didn't include those two items. Especially since scholarship can work inversely to me wanting to attend a given school if I didn't get any :lol: :lol:


Job placement and scholarship are my 2 and 3. Location is 1, because my wife isn't relocating, and I want to try to preserve the marriage through this.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cmoney $$

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Cmoney $$ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16 pm

clueless801 wrote:
ugatvandy wrote:Nathan Fox also had a really enjoyable podcast about the LSAT (The Thinking LSAT Podcast). And the book costs so much because the questions are real LSAT questions, and lsat charges like 5 cents per question if you use it in a publication or whatever, and then they have to be able to pay for the cost of paper and production as well as make a profit. It's actually pretty reasonable in my opinion.


Ofc! But if there’s someone here that’s done with it and doesn’t need it, it would be one TLSer helping another. I’ll definitley grab it from Amazon if this doesn’t work out


I have a copy that I only wrote in with pencil... I could have my son erase the marks. I'm done with it and found it to be very helpful.

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby twiix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Cmoney $$ wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
ugatvandy wrote:Nathan Fox also had a really enjoyable podcast about the LSAT (The Thinking LSAT Podcast). And the book costs so much because the questions are real LSAT questions, and lsat charges like 5 cents per question if you use it in a publication or whatever, and then they have to be able to pay for the cost of paper and production as well as make a profit. It's actually pretty reasonable in my opinion.


Ofc! But if there’s someone here that’s done with it and doesn’t need it, it would be one TLSer helping another. I’ll definitley grab it from Amazon if this doesn’t work out


I have a copy that I only wrote in with pencil... I could have my son erase the marks. I'm done with it and found it to be very helpful.


I call backup if clueless backs out!

OldSpeedoGuy

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby OldSpeedoGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Ideas for next poll?

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby wmbuff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 pm

OldSpeedoGuy wrote:Ideas for next poll?


What score are you hoping for?
What score will make you retake/panic/cry?
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby abujabal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


My criteria is pretty much:

1.) How much can you help me get a PI job in Seattle?
2.) Will you let me in?
3.) Will you give me some cashmoney?
4.) Can I afford you + still be able to buy a house one day?

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 pm

wmbuff wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:Ideas for next poll?


What score are you hoping for?
What score will make you retake/panic/cry?


I was hoping to do "what score do you think you got" as the poll before "what did you get"?

User avatar
GnarMarBinx

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby GnarMarBinx » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 pm

twiix wrote:
Cmoney $$ wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
ugatvandy wrote:Nathan Fox also had a really enjoyable podcast about the LSAT (The Thinking LSAT Podcast). And the book costs so much because the questions are real LSAT questions, and lsat charges like 5 cents per question if you use it in a publication or whatever, and then they have to be able to pay for the cost of paper and production as well as make a profit. It's actually pretty reasonable in my opinion.


Ofc! But if there’s someone here that’s done with it and doesn’t need it, it would be one TLSer helping another. I’ll definitley grab it from Amazon if this doesn’t work out


I have a copy that I only wrote in with pencil... I could have my son erase the marks. I'm done with it and found it to be very helpful.


I call backup if clueless backs out!


I already bought it, but how helpful did you find it? Also, how long does it take to get through compared to, say, the Powerscore LG bible or the LSAT trainer? Just asking because I will be going through it while simultaneously doing a course.

OldSpeedoGuy

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby OldSpeedoGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:Ideas for next poll?


What score are you hoping for?
What score will make you retake/panic/cry?


I was hoping to do "what score do you think you got" as the poll before "what did you get"?

We could always do more shitposting.

Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?

User avatar
creed

Bronze
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby creed » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm curious to know for people who have a top choice or dream school, what is it about that school that stands out for you? Location? Particular classes?


1. Scholarship
2. Employment numbers

Idgaf about anything else to be honest

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 pm

OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?


No thanks. That's pretty condescending.

OldSpeedoGuy

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby OldSpeedoGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?


No thanks. That's pretty condescending.

Hence "shitposting."

What about favorite amendment? Favorite time period? Favorite place to vacation? What is/was your major(s)? How long did you study for the LSAT? Favorite hobbies?

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 am

OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
OldSpeedoGuy wrote:
Most tolerable / least awful person in the Trump administration?


No thanks. That's pretty condescending.

Hence "shitposting."

What about favorite amendment? Favorite time period? Favorite place to vacation? What is/was your major(s)? How long did you study for the LSAT? Favorite hobbies?


We could do more demographics, I've been wondering how old everyone is for one



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 16 guests