-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Post by Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 am

merdblah wrote:We use "y'all" and call out the pronunciation, yet Texas is not an option... Texas is Texas, it is a region all on its own.
Hokay

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 am

merdblah wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:I vote Archer as best adult cartoon TV comedy. Shall we have a poll?
I'm down with that poll, so long as we exclude shows from network TV. It'd turn into a Simpsons/Family Guy love fest. Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty need to be poll options.
Bob's Burgers though!
I mean, Barry's gonna be the one making the rules, so he's the one you need to convince. I don't think there's any rule we could make that works for isolating comparable comedy, though Bob's Burgers feels more appropriate for the category than, say, South Park.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:59 am

wmbuff wrote:
merdblah wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:I vote Archer as best adult cartoon TV comedy. Shall we have a poll?
I'm down with that poll, so long as we exclude shows from network TV. It'd turn into a Simpsons/Family Guy love fest. Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty need to be poll options.
Bob's Burgers though!
I mean, Barry's gonna be the one making the rules, so he's the one you need to convince. I don't think there's any rule we could make that works for isolating comparable comedy, though Bob's Burgers feels more appropriate for the category than, say, South Park.
About to update the poll. I'm thinking "Best Animated Comedy Show"
-Rick and Morty
-Bojack Horseman
-South Park
-The Simpsons
-Archer
-Futurama
-Bob's Burgers
-Family Guy
-King of the Hill
-American Dad

Thoughts/suggestions?

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
merdblah wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
Bob's Burgers though!
About to update the poll. I'm thinking "Best Animated Comedy Show"
-Rick and Morty
-Bojack Horseman
-South Park
-The Simpsons
-Archer
-Futurama
-Bob's Burgers
-Family Guy
-King of the Hill
-American Dad

Thoughts/suggestions?
Yup

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm

What did y'all think about Sunday's Rick and Morty? I think the season started off strong but has been going downhill (still great, just not as good, ya feel?)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Shows with real humans everyone should watch

Hannibal
Luther
Halt and Catch Fire
The Night Of
Silicon Valley
Ballers
Billions
This is us
Fargo

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:09 pm

This poll is SOOOOO hard how am I supposed to pick one?

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Walliums wrote:This poll is SOOOOO hard how am I supposed to pick one?
The uncertainty is the test writers trying to fool you. There's only one right answer.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:16 pm

rick and morty DUH

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:51 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
sev wrote:Definitely don't want to break up the puppy conversation (I, sadly, have no puppers at the moment) but I have a question: how accurate is the "projected score date"?

I'm thinking of going to the Atlanta forum to solicit fee waivers and talk to schools (I have friends in the area) but also don't want to show up without an LSAT score. Should I just plan on NY (the week after)?
Usually a few days early, but pretty likely not to be this time due to storms, could even be a few days late.
wait... jack... did you retake?
I did, probably ill advisedly. Pretty sure I did worse.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm

every person here who hasn't watched American Vandal on Netflix needs to change that ASAP

das_Gesetz

New

Post by das_Gesetz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:22 pm

jjdude14 wrote:What did y'all think about Sunday's Rick and Morty? I think the season started off strong but has been going downhill (still great, just not as good, ya feel?)
last episode I saw was the one with a citadel of ricks and morties. it was supposed to be a commentary on race relations in the United States, which was entertaining to watch, but not particularly insightful. It's still definitely the best show (out of the ones I've watched) on that list.

lol If this was five years ago, American dad would probably be winning --- ten years ago, family guy.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 pm

das_Gesetz wrote:
jjdude14 wrote:What did y'all think about Sunday's Rick and Morty? I think the season started off strong but has been going downhill (still great, just not as good, ya feel?)
last episode I saw was the one with a citadel of ricks and morties. it was supposed to be a commentary on race relations in the United States, which was entertaining to watch, but not particularly insightful. It's still definitely the best show (out of the ones I've watched) on that list.

lol If this was five years ago, American dad would probably be winning --- ten years ago, family guy.
I do love American Dad. I find it much funnier than Family Guy.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

I absolutely lost it at the end when they berated Summer smh lol

lawschool2017dk

New

Post by lawschool2017dk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 pm

For anyone with RC-LR-LG-RC-LR, do you know whether the 1st or 4th RC was experimental? I know everyones been posting the topics so you can figure it out but I cannot for the life of me remember which topics came out in each RC. A lot of the posts I've seen for people with this order of sections are saying the first was the experimental, but is it possible for there to be a test format that has the same order of sections but has the experimental fourth? Or for RC, is it definitely experimental for the first section if I had the sections in this order. HELP!

sodomojo

Bronze

Post by sodomojo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 pm

lawschool2017dk wrote:For anyone with RC-LR-LG-RC-LR, do you know whether the 1st or 4th RC was experimental? I know everyones been posting the topics so you can figure it out but I cannot for the life of me remember which topics came out in each RC. A lot of the posts I've seen for people with this order of sections are saying the first was the experimental, but is it possible for there to be a test format that has the same order of sections but has the experimental fourth? Or for RC, is it definitely experimental for the first section if I had the sections in this order. HELP!
First. Although if you can't remember anything from it, why even fret about it?

sodomojo

Bronze

Post by sodomojo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:09 pm

das_Gesetz wrote:

Or twenty years ago -- The Simpsons. It'll always be my first love though. Don't be shy folks, join me and vote Simpsons lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Does anyone else feel like Archer has gone down hill since Vice? I think that once they removed themselves from the original spy agency storyline, they have had a hard time regaining any kind of narrative traction. This season had some funny moments, but not nearly as many as in the past. I miss Woodhouse.

Impressionist

Bronze

Post by Impressionist » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Rick and Morty. And it really isn't even that close.

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Gonna have to go with King of the Hill 8)

das_Gesetz

New

Post by das_Gesetz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Walliums wrote:
das_Gesetz wrote:

I do love American Dad. I find it much funnier than Family Guy.
me too, but the most recent episodes of American dad are not as funny as they used to be. And that always seems to happen with every good show -- it's extremely novel and funny for a couple of years, gets very popular, more seasons are approved, the quality goes down.

Family guy started going down hill once peter's character shifted from an endearing to a malicious stupidity ... and also when they started putting in those long cutaways, like the Conway Twitty thing

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm

How are you guys thinking through whether or not to retake? Are you setting a minimum score in advance?

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 pm

RSolano wrote:How are you guys thinking through whether or not to retake? Are you setting a minimum score in advance?
I set a minimum score prior to starting my prep which ended up being almost exactly my average PT score. I'm pretty doubtful that i achieved it on Saturday, so a February retake may be in my future
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 pm

RSolano wrote:How are you guys thinking through whether or not to retake? Are you setting a minimum score in advance?
well, I'm almost positive I didn't get a score I want so 100% retaking unless a miracle somehow happened.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”