-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

jjdude14

Bronze

Re: September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Postby jjdude14 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm

RSolano wrote:
jjdude14 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:Sooooo....how did it go, and how drunk are you all getting tonight? :D

I walked out of the testing center and my friend greeted me with a rum and coke. Haven't stopped since.

Damn you've got a good friend

She's excellent. Let me stay at her place for my test that was two hours away and woke me up when my 5 alarms were all set to vibrate *facepalm*

Impressionist

Bronze

Postby Impressionist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Gluteus wrote:It sucks that I'm not going to be able to 100% determine the LR experimental.

When I was fresh out of the LSAT I was able to determine that one of the LR questions from my first LR section was likely real based on what was said by people who didn't have a LR experimental. However, I was only 90% confident as I couldn't 100% remember which LR question was in each section. At this point, 8+ hours out of the test I literally have no hope.

If my first LR was real, there is a decent chance that between my first LR and LG I went a combined -3 as the worst case scenario. That's downright sexy

For those with 3 LR sections, does anyone remember which section "Cars Sold to Junkyards for Parts" was in?

The second i turned in the booklet I literally forgot every damn LR question location. Was like I got mind wiped or something, Harry Potter style.

greenmusic97

New

Postby greenmusic97 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Please someone that had 2 LR confirm if the curbing drinking on college campuses is real or not?

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Postby thepsychedelic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

greenmusic97 wrote:Please someone that had 2 LR confirm if the curbing drinking on college campuses is real or not?

It was.

On another note, I walked out of the test feeling amazing, and then reading these threads and discussions on it has made me question every single answer now haha
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Poll update. Added the last poll to the spoiler tab. All future AC suggestions for the poll will be added until it's full.

Lxwind

New

Postby Lxwind » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Gluteus wrote:It sucks that I'm not going to be able to 100% determine the LR experimental.

When I was fresh out of the LSAT I was able to determine that one of the LR questions from my first LR section was likely real based on what was said by people who didn't have a LR experimental. However, I was only 90% confident as I couldn't 100% remember which LR question was in each section. At this point, 8+ hours out of the test I literally have no hope.

If my first LR was real, there is a decent chance that between my first LR and LG I went a combined -3 as the worst case scenario. That's downright sexy

For those with 3 LR sections, does anyone remember which section "Cars Sold to Junkyards for Parts" was in?

I think that was in my first LR...though I'm only about 60% sure. Maybe my second LR (the 3rd section), but not the third.

conejitonatalka

New

Postby conejitonatalka » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Checking in. I wish I was better prepared for June cause it was waay easier than this. I'm still hoping for low 170s, but who the hell knows with those damn judges. I'm honestly rethinking my career in the judiciary. :D RC is my strong section, but somehow when the proctor announced the magical "you've got 5min left" I was still sweating on the last question of the third passage. I have no idea how I still managed to finish the section with only one guess, but well, I need to consider correction for accuracy. :roll: Other than that, no surprises, except for the absence of AC/oxygen circulation in my test room...

Also. I wanted to cheer myself up with Elle Woods, but seriously fuck her and her 179 on the lsat.

Lalalsat96

New

Postby Lalalsat96 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:17 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:
greenmusic97 wrote:Please someone that had 2 LR confirm if the curbing drinking on college campuses is real or not?

It was.

On another note, I walked out of the test feeling amazing, and then reading these threads and discussions on it has made me question every single answer now haha

Lol you're welcome.

RSolano

Bronze

Postby RSolano » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:30 pm

People who have taken the LSAT before- what ended up being more reliable- the feeling you had about how you did right after the test before getting online and reading everyone's comments or after?

I felt pretty good leaving the test. Felt 170 at min, 173 max. But reading about the curve, how easy everyone else found LG too etc. changed my mood entirely

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 pm

I suggest "Cuttlefishing for 180s"

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Title idea: Dive-bombed September faster than the crows

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm

conejitonatalka wrote:Checking in. I wish I was better prepared for June cause it was waay easier than this. I'm still hoping for low 170s, but who the hell knows with those damn judges. I'm honestly rethinking my career in the judiciary. :D RC is my strong section, but somehow when the proctor announced the magical "you've got 5min left" I was still sweating on the last question of the third passage. I have no idea how I still managed to finish the section with only one guess, but well, I need to consider correction for accuracy. :roll: Other than that, no surprises, except for the absence of AC/oxygen circulation in my test room...

Also. I wanted to cheer myself up with Elle Woods, but seriously fuck her and her 179 on the lsat.

Yep, really feel like I dropped the ball on June. An exam I could have done so well on it. Cakewalk RC compares to this one

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:38 pm

RSolano wrote:People who have taken the LSAT before- what ended up being more reliable- the feeling you had about how you did right after the test before getting online and reading everyone's comments or after?

I felt pretty good leaving the test. Felt 170 at min, 173 max. But reading about the curve, how easy everyone else found LG too etc. changed my mood entirely

At least for me my feeling matches whatever section i had last. June was the easy LG, this was the awful RC

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I suggest "Cuttlefishing for 180s"

fu#k, I forgot updates restart the poll. I'll cut it here. You have my vote.

Edit: I honestly lol'd

Lalalsat96

New

Postby Lalalsat96 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Wait does anyone remember that mod edit: Don't say the kind of question question? I dont think ive ever done one of those....

velyvely

New

Postby velyvely » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 pm

RSolano wrote:People who have taken the LSAT before- what ended up being more reliable- the feeling you had about how you did right after the test before getting online and reading everyone's comments or after?

I took the LSAT in February and felt that I had gotten in the mid-170s, if I was lucky with the questions I was unsure about. I ended up getting a 172, so I did worse than I thought. Reading everyone's comments didn't really affect how I felt, especially since I forgot everything and didn't know which LR section was my experimental.

Today, I came out feeling like I had done well on every section besides RC - the judges section tripped me up and I wasn't able to go check my iffy answers because of it. I don't know what the curve was for February, so I don't know how many questions I got wrong, but I was hoping the curve for today's test would be generous because I felt like the test was much harder than Feb's. Seeing that everyone is predicting -9/-10... I feel like there may be a big chance I did worse than before.

RSolano

Bronze

Postby RSolano » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Lalalsat96 wrote:Wait does anyone remember that mod edit: Don't say the kind of question question? I dont think ive ever done one of those....

I think I've only seen one or two before... Made me stop for a second but just felt mod edit: Don't say the kind of question.

RSolano

Bronze

Postby RSolano » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:39 pm

velyvely wrote:

I took the LSAT in February and felt that I had gotten in the mid-170s, if I was lucky with the questions I was unsure about. I ended up getting a 172, so I did worse than I thought. Reading everyone's comments didn't really affect how I felt, especially since I forgot everything and didn't know which LR section was my experimental.

Today, I came out feeling like I had done well on every section besides RC - the judges section tripped me up and I wasn't able to go check my iffy answers because of it. I don't know what the curve was for February, so I don't know how many questions I got wrong, but I was hoping the curve for today's test would be generous because I felt like the test was much harder than Feb's. Seeing that everyone is predicting -9/-10... I feel like there may be a big chance I did worse than before.

Yeah RC was my last one today too...
It's hard for me to tell how the ones I was on the fence about went. On one hand I think I may have been extra sharp and focused but on the other hand everything's a blur and I wonder if nerves made me get all of those tricky ones wrong instead of right. So we literally just wait for almost a month!? This is crazy ugh

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Lalalsat96 wrote:Wait does anyone remember that mod edit: Don't say the kind of question question? I dont think ive ever done one of those....

If it's the one with a certain famous person that came towards the end of the section, then yeah!

Gluteus

Bronze

Postby Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 pm

The Cambridge LR packets had a few IIRC.

lsat360

New

Postby lsat360 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Does anyone remember the mod edit: Don't say the kind of question. I had 3 LR sections and am having a hard time figuring out which one was experimental. Anyone who had LG/RC experimental able to confirm whether they had this question?

Gluteus

Bronze

Postby Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:09 pm

creed wrote:Is there consensus on Marx/Freud?

I thought it was extremely easy but I'm seeing otherwise on r/LSAT. I think I finished it in 4 minutes or so. Wondering if I overlooked some stuff. But I can see how Judges may have made it feel rough.

It was a 7 minuter for me. Pretty confident I got all of the questions too

april_ludgate

Bronze

Postby april_ludgate » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:18 pm

lsat360 wrote:Does anyone remember the mod edit: Don't say the kind of question. I had 3 LR sections and am having a hard time figuring out which one was experimental. Anyone who had LG/RC experimental able to confirm whether they had this question?

I had three LR and did not have that one I'm pretty sure?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Quick reminder: discussing the kind of questions is not allowed. Doing so in future will lead to bans. Thanks.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Quick reminder: discussing the kind of questions is not allowed. Doing so in future will lead to bans. Thanks.

Not trying to mega this thread, but this is where it's obvious being a mod is pretty thankless. So thanks Nony for herding cats.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?