Rupert Pupkin wrote:ilpsm wrote:since we're getting closer to score release..
does anyone have thoughts on applying and updating LSAT score after a retake vs. waiting to apply?
i have the rest of my application set and am shooting to go somewhere like NYU or UVA at a significant discount if possible though i'm not adverse to paying full boat there or at somewhere like harvard or yale were the gods to grace me with an acceptance at one of those. i was consistently 177-180 on my last several PTs but think I may have done worse on this one and am thinking I'll retake anything below a 173. do you think applying now and updating an lsat score were i to do better on the december administration is a better plan than waiting to apply altogether?
hopefully it doesn't come down to that anyway but you never know
still shook most of you prefer whiskey to vodka, also
I was debating this as well. In pretty much the exact same boat. If you apply with a 172 (lets say) and dont get waitlisted, but denied than your retake wont even matter? so thats a gamble you have to be willing to take right? or are you guys saying you notify some schools of the retake and they put a "hold" on your file?
I can only speak to Texas Law, but they said that you do have to request a hold on your file -- else your retake will not necessarily be considered. At which point it's basically better to just not apply until you get your retake score back.