-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

Ntp73821

Silver

Re: Dive-bombing for Judges, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Walliums wrote:
This is how I used to feel about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And then I sat and watched three episodes straight and realized how funny it is. Sunny gets even better when Danny DeVito joins in season 2
I've never watched that - i'll add it to the list
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Walliums wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote: I have only seen one season of Parks and Rec. Thought it was okay, not great, but I've had a bunch of people tell me it gets way better after that.

The Office is hilarious but I struggle to watch too much cringe comedy at once (maybe after this I'll have been immunized enough to give Peep Show another go)
It does get better. Freshman year of undergrad someone made me watch a couple episodes and I HATED it, but once I gave it a chance, I found out it was pretty great. I think I like The Office less because just looking at Michael makes me angry. His character makes me soooo mad. I learned to deal with it, but it was hard for me to get into. :lol:
This is how I used to feel about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And then I sat and watched three episodes straight and realized how funny it is. Sunny gets even better when Danny DeVito joins in season 2
Yeah, I agree with this. I tried to start it in high school and was unmoved but then saw just an isolated episode (The Gang Gets Trapped, I think) and thought it was hilarious and gave it another go. Now among my favorite shows (as evidenced by username/avatar).

I think IASIP avoids being too cringey by having the characters all be such awful people you don't feel much empathy for them.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Walliums wrote:I'm going to be working remotely from home for the next six months or so. Anyone done this and have tips on staying sane/active?
1. Get into the habit of going through your traditional morning routine as if you were heading into the office. Shower, shave, eat breakfast, change clothes (changing was a huge mental thing for me.. if I stayed in pajamas I never could mentally "check in" to work).
2. Get real monitors if you don't already. 2x21" monitors will run you <200$ for decent ones, and are godly in terms of productivity increase over just a laptop screen.
3. Make sure you block off "work hours" and don't tell yourself to do house work, etc during these hours.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Definitely don't want to break up the puppy conversation (I, sadly, have no puppers at the moment) but I have a question: how accurate is the "projected score date"?

I'm thinking of going to the Atlanta forum to solicit fee waivers and talk to schools (I have friends in the area) but also don't want to show up without an LSAT score. Should I just plan on NY (the week after)?

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

sev wrote:Definitely don't want to break up the puppy conversation (I, sadly, have no puppers at the moment) but I have a question: how accurate is the "projected score date"?

I'm thinking of going to the Atlanta forum to solicit fee waivers and talk to schools (I have friends in the area) but also don't want to show up without an LSAT score. Should I just plan on NY (the week after)?
Usually a few days early, but pretty likely not to be this time due to storms, could even be a few days late.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CoconutsNCholoroform

New

Monday test takers

Post by CoconutsNCholoroform » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Any Monday test takers in here? I got a table game on my LG section yesterday and I feel terrible about it.

former_yooper

New

Post by former_yooper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
sev wrote:Definitely don't want to break up the puppy conversation (I, sadly, have no puppers at the moment) but I have a question: how accurate is the "projected score date"?

Usually a few days early, but pretty likely not to be this time due to storms, could even be a few days late.
I was just reading the following article on PowerScore predicting score release date scenarios if you want to take a look: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/when-wi ... prediction

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Is the poll for where we live or where we're from

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Walliums wrote:
twiix wrote:
Walliums wrote:I'm going to be working remotely from home for the next six months or so. Anyone done this and have tips on staying sane/active?
1. Get into the habit of going through your traditional morning routine as if you were heading into the office. Shower, shave, eat breakfast, change clothes (changing was a huge mental thing for me.. if I stayed in pajamas I never could mentally "check in" to work).
2. Get real monitors if you don't already. 2x21" monitors will run you <200$ for decent ones, and are godly in terms of productivity increase over just a laptop screen.
3. Make sure you block off "work hours" and don't tell yourself to do house work, etc during these hours.
Thank you kindly! Did you do anything to stay active/not sit around as much? At the office I was able to get up and walk around and get more steps in, but at home I find myself sitting for long periods of time.
I kept my desk/office space almost as far as possible from the kitchen. always used the farthest away bathroom to get as much walking in as possible throughout the day. I also took my dog on frequent, albeit brief, walks to keep my blood flowing and to substitute walking around the office and shooting the shit. If you go out for lunch park far away from wherever you're going and hike it.

I end up setting in my cube in the office almost all day anyway, so it just sucks lol. Working with in-sociable's is a burden.

tuatarian

New

Re: Monday test takers

Post by tuatarian » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:45 pm

CoconutsNCholoroform wrote:Any Monday test takers in here? I got a table game on my LG section yesterday and I feel terrible about it.
Yup! I got to that last game with about 10 minutes left, and I made the grave mistake of setting up only two options instead of four, so I ran out of time and semi-guessed on two of them... overall I think I got at least -3 in that section.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:

wait... jack... did you retake?

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:51 pm

For anyone here who's done with the LSAT/doesn't care - totally will take your barely written in Manhattan Prep LR book off your hands if anyone has one!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

creed

Bronze

Post by creed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm

When are folks here applying? I'm graduating this year and will apply next year. Hoping to work for a year and be a real person for a brief period of time.

Also, anyone have any blogs they like? I like reading about politics + public policy generally but I prefer something about the blog format so I tend to seek that out.

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:03 pm

creed wrote:When are folks here applying? I'm graduating this year and will apply next year. Hoping to work for a year and be a real person for a brief period of time.

Also, anyone have any blogs they like? I like reading about politics + public policy generally but I prefer something about the blog format so I tend to seek that out.
I'm applying this year. I had initially planned to be done with the LSAT after the February test, but under-performed due to LG, and so I retook this past Saturday.

Also, checking in!

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Would it be bad if I drank every night till the score release?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm

caramelizedgod wrote:Would it be bad good if I drank every night till the score release?
yes

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:49 pm

caramelizedgod wrote:Would it be bad if I drank every night till the score release?
It would be bad if you didn't
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote:Would it be bad if I drank every night till the score release?
It would be bad if you didn't
[youtube]re2LCaL0R6k[/youtube]

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm

I vote Archer as best adult cartoon TV comedy. Shall we have a poll?

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:I vote Archer as best adult cartoon TV comedy. Shall we have a poll?
I'm down with that poll, so long as we exclude shows from network TV. It'd turn into a Simpsons/Family Guy love fest. Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty need to be poll options.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 pm

wmbuff wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:I vote Archer as best adult cartoon TV comedy. Shall we have a poll?
I'm down with that poll, so long as we exclude shows from network TV. It'd turn into a Simpsons/Family Guy love fest. Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty need to be poll options.
I'll update the poll once I'm able to not misspell the choices (probably 10am central tomorrow)

ilpsm

Bronze

Post by ilpsm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am

littlewing67 wrote:
Lxwind wrote:Anybody lives in NYC?
Yes hi :!:
yas let's get a drink
Last edited by ilpsm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merdblah

New

Post by merdblah » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 am

We use "y'all" and call out the pronunciation, yet Texas is not an option... Texas is Texas, it is a region all on its own.

merdblah

New

Post by merdblah » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am

wmbuff wrote:
Bob's Burgers though!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”