-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

dm1683

Silver

Re: -11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Post by dm1683 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Mikey wrote:
dm1683 wrote:god reading through these last few pages is giving me traumatic flashbacks to june. I almost gnawed off my fingernails on grey day especially after I found out about the curve.

edit: awwww mikey I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted :(

sending all of my totally platonic love

and congrats to everybody else.
:(

can you take the December test for me? thanks <3
sure. luckily for you I'm kinda tall. I'll just cut my hair and hide my boobs, no one will know :D

KylawRen

New

Re: -11 Curve, Grey Day September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Post by KylawRen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:and what's another 2 months?

could be everything, could be nothing... or anything in between.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 pm

dm1683 wrote: sure. luckily for you I'm kinda tall. I'll just cut my hair and hide my boobs, no one will know :D
I have long hair, so just hide the boobs! haha

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Tycho_Brohey wrote:
albanach wrote:For me, RC was just a matter of more practice to improve speed and accuracy. If you've done the bibles, I don't think there's a magical technique.

Just focus on RC between now and December, but don't neglect LR and LG. Looks like you have potential to make decent gains in LR, grab that point in LG and break into the 170s.
So you're suggesting pure drilling as study for December? I've seen lots of people suggest LSAT trainer, but section/test drilling is also something a lot of people seem to suggest. I just really want to get my LR sections to -2 or less each. You're probably right about RC, just need to find a groove there.
Just telling you what worked for me. RC took me the longest to master, but it was repeated practice that did it. I'm assuming you can get close to all correct without pressure of time. So long as you can be accurate untimed, drilling is I think what builds the speed. If you're not accurate untimed, then revisit the bible or look for more training on the fundamentals.

Tycho_Brohey

New

Post by Tycho_Brohey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 pm

albanach wrote:Just telling you what worked for me. RC took me the longest to master, but it was repeated practice that did it. I'm assuming you can get close to all correct without pressure of time. So long as you can be accurate untimed, drilling is I think what builds the speed. If you're not accurate untimed, then revisit the bible or look for more training on the fundamentals.
That makes sense. Thanks for the input! I'll do some untimed drills next week to see if I need to revisit any books, otherwise I'll just hammer sections until December

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sunniebunnie

New

Post by sunniebunnie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm

I have been lurking on here since before the June test, and I wanted to share in case anyone is feeling down about their score...

I was DEVASTATED by my June score since it was SIGNIFICANTLY lower than my PT average... I couldn't even look at anything LSAT-related for an entire month :oops: . However, I heeded the advice of people on here, learned from my weaknesses, studied my ass off for September, and got a full 12 POINTS HIGHER on my September score!

Not reaching my goal the first time meant that I didn't settle for my original goal - I was seriously motivated and ended up surpassing even my "crazy unrealistic goal score!"

So to anyone feeling down about their score - maybe it was meant to be - go CRUSH IT next time!

hiscottie

New

Post by hiscottie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm

sunniebunnie wrote:I have been lurking on here since before the June test, and I wanted to share in case anyone is feeling down about their score...

I was DEVASTATED by my June score since it was SIGNIFICANTLY lower than my PT average... I couldn't even look at anything LSAT-related for an entire month :oops: . However, I heeded the advice of people on here, learned from my weaknesses, studied my ass off for September, and got a full 12 POINTS HIGHER on my September score!

Not reaching my goal the first time meant that I didn't settle for my original goal - I was seriously motivated and ended up surpassing even my "crazy unrealistic goal score!"

So to anyone feeling down about their score - maybe it was meant to be - go CRUSH IT next time!
Congratulations! That’s a great increase.

Do you mind sharing some insight on how you increased 12 points between your first and second official tests? Your post really resonates with me and sounds nearly identical for me.

The September test was my first official LSAT. I was fairly confident going into it with PTs averaging at 162-165, but I felt really unlike myself on test day and almost dazed. Well, because of it, I scored a 157. I was expecting this based on how horribly it all went on test day, so now my focus is 100% on making sure it doesn’t happen again.

I am wondering what I can do between now and December 2 to recoup 12 or more points like you. For LR, it’s mostly buttoned up and I am only missing 5-7 total for both sections (but bombed on test day with -8 per section). For LG, I thought I was strong, but couldn’t get to fourth game and missed 3 because of it. RC is my weakest section by faaar. Any words of wisdom you may have? I am looking at 2-3 full PTs per week and lots of full section drills, but I am open to anything that may have worked for you or anyone else.

P.S. I posted a similar note on Barry grandpapy’s post, but just saw yours and wanted to reach out!

onecard

New

Post by onecard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Mikey wrote:
onecard wrote:
Platopus wrote:
onecard wrote:Sooooo thankful 177! Third take, so don't be discouraged if you didn't get score you were looking for. FWIW I increase by 4 points from my first two tries and I think it was because I switched up my studying from lots of PT's to more section drilling. Also used the Fox books this time around (LG and LR), and got a hold of some old Cambridge books (LG and LR). I think the study changes helped a lot (also probably some good luck).
You retook a 173? Twice? Bold move, Cotton. Sounds like it paid off though, congrats!

Yeah, I knew (thought) I could beat that 173. Was risky I know, thankful it turned out well. Very, very thankful I don't have to study for the LSAT again. Don't know if I had a fourth time in me.
Can I have your 173?

Btw congrats!
Thanks, and I would be happy to give you my 173 if I could. :) Need any prep books?

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:27 am

Last edited by kiklavan on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:31 am

kiklavan wrote:While taking the test I found RC to be brutal, but I re-took it today and recognized that LR was actually significantly more difficult. (-1 LR1, -6 LR2). Any idea what areas these particular sections exploited? I want to drill what it was that screwed me over. I normally go 0-4 on LR.
I noticed LR2 had a lot of super ordinary questions (like dealing with representative samples or whatever) but the answers had some sort of quirk. It's hard to put it into exact words but Q21 is a pretty good example of phrasing that I didn't intuitively expect to be the correct answer. Also very similar answers that were sort of the inverse of each other and thus kinda confusing (the beads question).

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am

onecard wrote: Thanks, and I would be happy to give you my 173 if I could. :) Need any prep books?
Thanks! But I plan on just doing PTs and reviewing them. Idk how much books would help me at this point in my prep :/

It's weird because I feel like I really know my shit, it just comes down to not slipping up :(

Lxwind

New

Post by Lxwind » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Holy S**t!
I just looked at what I did wrong out of curiosity, and I found that I lost a point because I did not erase an answer clearly, therefore even the correct answer I bubbled in is significantly heavier bubbled, the machine still took the trail of my initial answer as the one I chose.

I can't believe I simply lost my 175 like that ...Feel like a complete fool now. C'est la vie. :| :roll:

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Lxwind wrote:Holy S**t!
I just looked at what I did wrong out of curiosity, and I found that I lost a point because I did not erase an answer clearly, therefore even the correct answer I bubbled in is significantly heavier bubbled, the machine still took the trail of my initial answer as the one I chose.

I can't believe I simply lost my 175 like that ...Feel like a complete fool now. C'est la vie. :| :roll:
I'm pretty sure you can ask them to review and hand grade it.

Lxwind

New

Post by Lxwind » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Tavorak wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can ask them to review and hand grade it.
My concern is how LSAC actually does the review. Not all my answers were bubbled in the exact and neat way that LSAC required. Besides, I'll need to send in a written request and accept whatever came out to be the result, higher or lower. Not sure if the difference between 174 and 175 worths all that. It probably wouldn't make a difference anyway....even for Harvard, since 175 still won't be above their 75%..

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm

What does this look like on your response sheet/how can you tell? I think the same might've happened with one of mine ACs, but I remember going back and forth between and don't actually remember which one I picked. The correct answer's bubble is significantly more dim than the incorrect answer, but I'm not sure what that means.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lxwind

New

Post by Lxwind » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 pm

sev wrote:
What does this look like on your response sheet/how can you tell? I think the same might've happened with one of mine ACs, but I remember going back and forth between and don't actually remember which one I picked. The correct answer's bubble is significantly more dim than the incorrect answer, but I'm not sure what that means.
I noticed by comparing the response sheet and the answer sheet...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 pm

The results in this thread are making me second guess my decision not to retake my June score....may just sign up for December/February for $$$/HYS lol.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Mikey wrote:
onecard wrote: Thanks, and I would be happy to give you my 173 if I could. :) Need any prep books?
Thanks! But I plan on just doing PTs and reviewing them. Idk how much books would help me at this point in my prep :/

It's weird because I feel like I really know my shit, it just comes down to not slipping up :(
This might sound weird but, have you videotaped yourself taking a test/section yet? It helped me a ton with timing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:

This might sound weird but, have you videotaped yourself taking a test/section yet? It helped me a ton with timing.
Yeah I have. Idk, I didn't see much help from it but maybe I just didn't know wtf to look for lol

jthel08

New

Post by jthel08 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Not sure if this has been covered... can one bring their family to the LSAC forum? If so does the one ticket I registered for cover it? Just curious if anyone has ran into this or may know. Thanks in advance!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:34 pm

jthel08 wrote:Not sure if this has been covered... can one bring their family to the LSAC forum? If so does the one ticket I registered for cover it? Just curious if anyone has ran into this or may know. Thanks in advance!
I'd assume so, they weren't particularly strict on who was allowed in the exhibit hall or anything. Whether that's a good idea or not is another question.

jthel08

New

Post by jthel08 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
jthel08 wrote:Not sure if this has been covered... can one bring their family to the LSAC forum? If so does the one ticket I registered for cover it? Just curious if anyone has ran into this or may know. Thanks in advance!
I'd assume so, they weren't particularly strict on who was allowed in the exhibit hall or anything. Whether that's a good idea or not is another question.
So just my registration form should be ok to bring my spouse? Ive looked all over, couldn't find anything about it...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”