Freaking out about tomorrow

MrLions

Freaking out about tomorrow

Postby MrLions » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm sitting for the LSAT tomorrow and am freaking out about Reading Comprehension. When I took my diagnostic I went 26/27 on RC so I decided to not study this section AT ALL this summer and focused on LG/LR. Got LG down to -3 avg and LR down to -2/-3. Spent the last couple days practicing RC just to make sure I'm all set and to my surprise I've been scoring -7/-8 on this section. That could totally ruin a solid (170ish) LSAT. Any tips for how to fix this by tomorrow?

Ntp73821

Re: Freaking out about tomorrow

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 pm

MrLions wrote:I'm sitting for the LSAT tomorrow and am freaking out about Reading Comprehension. When I took my diagnostic I went 26/27 on RC so I decided to not study this section AT ALL this summer and focused on LG/LR. Got LG down to -3 avg and LR down to -2/-3. Spent the last couple days practicing RC just to make sure I'm all set and to my surprise I've been scoring -7/-8 on this section. That could totally ruin a solid (170ish) LSAT. Any tips for how to fix this by tomorrow?

There's not really a quick fix for this. Just make sure that you're reviewing your mistakes and hope for a RC section that you find manageable.

KaijuOh8

Postby KaijuOh8 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Well... there's always postponing or retaking. Don't see how one would improve from -8/-7 to what you scored on your diagnostic exam in less than 20 hours.

Deardevil

Postby Deardevil » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 pm

So have you done actual PrepTests to simulate test day...?
Zero reading comprehension whatsoever is a big mistake.

sparkytrainer

Postby sparkytrainer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Deardevil wrote:So have you done actual PrepTests to simulate test day...?

Yeah, especially given they have been making RC harder each test for the past 5 or so years. LOL this is why when people say oh I'm practicing 170 what are my chances its the rare exception where they come back and actually do.

MrLions

Postby MrLions » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:36 pm

The last two full prep tests I did I got -7 and -5 on RC, and scored 167 on each overall.

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:08 pm

MrLions wrote:

The last two full prep tests I did I got -7 and -5 on RC, and scored 167 on each overall.

I'll help ease your mind, because it's already too late to worry about this and you should be doing something relaxing at the moment. For what it's worth, the RC on the June test was pretty hard, so you may get lucky with an easier RC section for September.

Don't worry about it now; it's too late. Do your best and be ready to retake, if needed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”