Practice section and practice test discrepancy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gmg

New

Practice section and practice test discrepancy

Post by gmg » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm at a loss right now. I took the LSAT in June, choked, and got a 160. I'm retaking the LSAT in a little less than 2 weeks and my past 3 practice tests have hovered around the low 160s (I was scoring between 167-170 before this). I've seen a precipitous drop in both logical reasoning sections as well (my main issue). The weird thing is, is that if I take a timed practice LR section, I miss between 2-5 per section. But on my practice test today, I missed 11 on one section and 7 on the other. When I go back and review the test, I immediately know the correct answer for a majority of the questions I've missed and can't believe how many stupid mistakes I've made. I'm not sure if it's simply hindsight bias, glossing over details because I'm going too fast, or simply putting too much pressure on myself that I'm not entirely focused on the test when I'm taking it. I feel like if it was an issue with fundamentals, then I wouldn't do significantly better on the timed practice sections. Sorry for the rambling post, but does anyone have any suggestions?

KaijuOh8

New

Re: Practice section and practice test discrepancy

Post by KaijuOh8 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Sounds like you have been studying for two consecutive LSATs. I was in that boat; it's very, very unpleasant and draining, and its physical and mental tolls might be getting to you. Maybe it's time you took some break. Why don't you take a day off without thinking about the LSAT?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”