Postpone?

kiklavan

Postpone?

Postby kiklavan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm scoring 166-171. I hit 171 once on SuperPrep C and the rest have been below 170. 170 is my goal. Thoughts?

Platopus

Re: Postpone?

Postby Platopus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 pm

I hate to tell people to take if they know they aren't ready, but I think you're close enough. Honestly though, your only other option is December, which is pretty late to the game for this cycle. If you don't intend to apply this cycle, withdraw and take in December for next cycle. Schools only care about your highest score, but I'm of the opinion a low first score can put a lot of mental pressure on you unnecessarily.

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Platopus wrote:I hate to tell people to take if they know they aren't ready, but I think you're close enough. Honestly though, your only other option is December, which is pretty late to the game for this cycle. If you don't intend to apply this cycle, withdraw and take in December for next cycle. Schools only care about your highest score, but I'm of the opinion a low first score can put a lot of mental pressure on you unnecessarily.

Do you really think December would be too late? It's on the 2nd this year & I'd be applying w/ a 3.89.

KaijuOh8

Postby KaijuOh8 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 pm

I say postpone. As far as my personal knowledge is concerned, a person rarely scores significantly above his or her PT performances - it's usually the other way around (equal or worse). If you postpone, you may be able to internalize what you learned or connect some dots. Who knows? You might even score above 170 after postponing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”