Low 170s Score Plateau

mistocat

Low 170s Score Plateau

Postby mistocat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 pm

I've been scoring in between 171 and 173 exclusively for a couple weeks now. Always 0 wrong in LG, and no pattern with LR and RC. Will get 0 or 1 wrong in all of LR or RC on one test and then a couple wrong on each. There doesn't seem to be a pattern with question types that I miss, so no clear path to improvement. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for increase score or help figure out what's going on? Or general advice for improving into high 170s?

Platopus

Re: Low 170s Score Plateau

Postby Platopus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

When you say no pattern, do you mean question type or question number? Have you plugged your PT's into 7 sage analytics to make sure there aren't any patterns?

mistocat

Postby mistocat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Both question type and number within each section. Yes, I've plugged my PTs in and the wrong questions vary each time.

abujabal

Postby abujabal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:59 pm

mistocat wrote:Both question type and number within each section. Yes, I've plugged my PTs in and the wrong questions vary each time.

How about section order? Any trends there? I always struggle with double LR sections, or with RCs that come immediately after the break. It could be worth looking into that for insight.

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm

abujabal wrote:
mistocat wrote:Both question type and number within each section. Yes, I've plugged my PTs in and the wrong questions vary each time.

How about section order? Any trends there? I always struggle with double LR sections, or with RCs that come immediately after the break. It could be worth looking into that for insight.

This is the only other thing I can really think to "diagnose". If you are truly missing them at random, it's just going to be more review and more practice. Beyond that I don't have any tips, since I scored in the low 170's myself. Best of luck.

edit: Do you have any outlier tests where you crack a 175+ or something. I scored a 173 on test day, but I hit several above 175 with my high at 179, so I paid extra attention to what I did differently on these tests, and it was usually just more sleep and feeling mentally "in it". Might be helpful to work on getting a fuller night's sleep and exercising, it actually works, and you really only need 2-3 points to really see the jump you want.

IvoryTowerTP

Postby IvoryTowerTP » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm

What specific questions did you miss on your last 2 tests in LR, and what did you pick as the wrong answer?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”