inconsistent LR score advice?

frenchlavender

inconsistent LR score advice?

Postby frenchlavender » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi, I'm taking the Sept LSAT so that's approx. less than 2 weeks from now. I'm having a hard time remaining constant on LR. Sometimes I get 3 wrong sometimes I get 8 (I usually run out of time and end up missing 2-3 questions). What I noticed is that it's not a weakness of a certain problem type, it's always random. My wrong answers are usually the second half for the section. It may be that I start freaking out because of the time I have left? not sure what to do. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Pls let me know if you have any last minute advice.

Thanks in advance!

ltowns1

Re: inconsistent LR score advice?

Postby ltowns1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm having a similar problem now, but I would refer you to the last post on this thread by "Jeffort". (You'll know which one it is, it's pretty long lol) While this issue doesn't directly address your specific topic, I would say his thorough analysis of how to approach the LR section will be of benefit to you. Since you said it's no one specific question and most of your errors are coming in the back I imagine you're probably getting fooled by some of the typical tricks LSAT throws at us, especially in the back half of the section. He directly addresses this problem in his post. Frankly, I would recommend this advice to anyone taking the LSAT no matter what stage you're at.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=281236

frenchlavender

Postby frenchlavender » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm

ltowns1 wrote:I'm having a similar problem now, but I would refer you to the last post on this thread by "Jeffort". (You'll know which one it is, it's pretty long lol) While this issue doesn't directly address your specific topic, I would say his thorough analysis of how to approach the LR section will be of benefit to you. Since you said it's no one specific question and most of your errors are coming in the back I imagine you're probably getting fooled by some of the typical tricks LSAT throws at us, especially in the back half of the section. He directly addresses this problem in his post. Frankly, I would recommend this advice to anyone taking the LSAT no matter what stage you're at.

Thank you so much! And yes, it's getting frustrating why I always end up screwing up in the back half of the section. I'll try to follow what he mentioned about drilling untimed again. Hopefully, I'll get some improvement this time around. Have you noticed any improvement for yourself?

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 pm

frenchlavender wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:I'm having a similar problem now, but I would refer you to the last post on this thread by "Jeffort". (You'll know which one it is, it's pretty long lol) While this issue doesn't directly address your specific topic, I would say his thorough analysis of how to approach the LR section will be of benefit to you. Since you said it's no one specific question and most of your errors are coming in the back I imagine you're probably getting fooled by some of the typical tricks LSAT throws at us, especially in the back half of the section. He directly addresses this problem in his post. Frankly, I would recommend this advice to anyone taking the LSAT no matter what stage you're at.

Thank you so much! And yes, it's getting frustrating why I always end up screwing up in the back half of the section. I'll try to follow what he mentioned about drilling untimed again. Hopefully, I'll get some improvement this time around. Have you noticed any improvement for yourself?

Yes, and I've also found out that I really have to strictly adhere to what the stimulus says in the back part of the section whereas I have more wiggle room in the front part.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”