Here is my arsenal, maybe too much?

Jorantes04

Here is my arsenal, maybe too much?

Postby Jorantes04 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:55 am

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am about to start studying for the LSAT and there are the books I bought. Do you think it's too much? Or maybe too little? Thanks for your help in advance.

1. Power score Logical Reasoning Bible
2. Testmasters logical Reasoning 1-5
3. The Fox LSAT Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia: Disrespecting the LSAT
4. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume V: PrepTests 62 through 71
5. The Official LSAT SuperPrep: The Champion of LSAT Prep, 2007th Edition
6. The LSAT Trainer: A remarkable self-study guide for the self-driven student
7. Power score Logic Games Bible
8. Cheating The LSAT: The Fox Test Prep Guide to a Real LSAT, Volume 1
9. Introducing the LSAT: The Fox Test Prep Quick & Dirty LSAT Primer
10. 10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading: (PrepTests 52-61)

In addition, these books were recommended to me by a friend. Great read before entering Law School.
1. The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition
2. Getting To Maybe: How to Excel on Law School Exams
1st Edition

Barack O'Drama

Re: Here is my arsenal, maybe too much?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:29 am

I would get all of the tests that you can. Right now it looks like you only have some of the recent tests.

Also, I'm not quite as familiar with Fox's material but I know Powerscore is a good place to start.

Suggestions:
Get all the PTs you can from 1-81
7Sage is great and their Ult+ package contains literally all you need. (This is my suggestion for everyone prepping)
The LSAT Trainer
Manhattan Trilogy

Not saying you need all or any of the above. Just suggesting they're worth checking out at some point.

Good luck

MercW07

Postby MercW07 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Jorantes04 wrote:8. Cheating The LSAT: The Fox Test Prep Guide to a Real LSAT, Volume 1

Ive never used the Fox books, nor have I heard of anyone on here that has used them before, but just based on this title alone I would assume they are full of gimmicks. There is no such thing as "cheating" the LSAT.

As far as prep material goes, I would say the free 7Sage LG videos on youtube are damn near a necessity. I bought the Ultimate+ package from 7Sage as well and it was and continues to be extremely helpful. If you don't want to spend the money for 7Sage I would recommend the LSAT Trainer. I bought the Trainer as a sort of backup if 7Sage did not help as much as I was hoping, and from what Ive read through its really great value for the money. Many have found success with the Bibles as well, but for me they were not much help. You're also going to want to buy pretty much every PT you can get your hands on. Once you get the basics down you can start PTing. The older tests are not quite as representative as the newer tests so most will recommend saving the old ones for drilling purposes and using the newer ones for timed PTs. I stated taking PTs with number 36 and Im working my way up from there but some will even recommend starting somewhere in the 50s as those will be even more representative of what you will see on test day.

URMSenator52

Postby URMSenator52 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:23 pm

New 10 series drops in October, reserve on Amazon..

Jorantes04

Postby Jorantes04 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:I would get all of the tests that you can. Right now it looks like you only have some of the recent tests.

Also, I'm not quite as familiar with Fox's material but I know Powerscore is a good place to start.

Suggestions:
Get all the PTs you can from 1-81
7Sage is great and their Ult+ package contains literally all you need. (This is my suggestion for everyone prepping)
The LSAT Trainer
Manhattan Trilogy

Not saying you need all or any of the above. Just suggesting they're worth checking out at some point.

Good luck

Thank you, I purchased 3 more PT today. They are the matching books that I already bought. Plus the other 2 bibles to complete the trilogy.

Jorantes04

Postby Jorantes04 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Jorantes04 wrote:8. Cheating The LSAT: The Fox Test Prep Guide to a Real LSAT, Volume 1

Ive never used the Fox books, nor have I heard of anyone on here that has used them before, but just based on this title alone I would assume they are full of gimmicks. There is no such thing as "cheating" the LSAT.

As far as prep material goes, I would say the free 7Sage LG videos on youtube are damn near a necessity. I bought the Ultimate+ package from 7Sage as well and it was and continues to be extremely helpful. If you don't want to spend the money for 7Sage I would recommend the LSAT Trainer. I bought the Trainer as a sort of backup if 7Sage did not help as much as I was hoping, and from what Ive read through its really great value for the money. Many have found success with the Bibles as well, but for me they were not much help. You're also going to want to buy pretty much every PT you can get your hands on. Once you get the basics down you can start PTing. The older tests are not quite as representative as the newer tests so most will recommend saving the old ones for drilling purposes and using the newer ones for timed PTs. I stated taking PTs with number 36 and Im working my way up from there but some will even recommend starting somewhere in the 50s as those will be even more representative of what you will see on test day.

Thank you, I purchased 3 more PT today. They are the matching books that I already bought. Plus the other 2 bibles to complete the trilogy. I will most likely return it.

Jorantes04

Postby Jorantes04 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:New 10 series drops in October, reserve on Amazon..

I will keep an eye out! Thanks.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”