Manhattan Course over 7sage?

studystudystudy

Manhattan Course over 7sage?

Postby studystudystudy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:23 pm

So I've used 7sage from mid January to now. I think my diagnostic was 145-ish.. something like that. I've tested up to 156 recently and am sitting for September. My goal is 160s (165 is the ideal score, obviously the higher the better) and I'm very concerned that the lack of in person, structured course has negatively impacted me. I'll probably retake in December.

I've mostly fool proofed LG. This is my best section now, finishing around -2. I tank RC at a regular -14 for the newer tets. LR1 is always around -14 +/- 1, LR2 is -10 ish. I don't know why LR1 is always worse than LR2. I've warmed up with difficult LR questions, 2 games, and a passage and it is always worse. Even when the structure of the test has RC/LG before, LR results in the same outcome.

Some stats for additional info:
3.93 LSAC GPA
Good softs
Great LORs
Work experience for 2 years as legal assistant at work comp/labor law firm while in school.
Currently in my senior year of undergrad.

Thanks in advance! (Please be kind)

Barack O'Drama

Re: Manhattan Course over 7sage?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Hey!

I'm probably 7Sage's biggest fan, so I may be biased, but I've found that 7Sage is the absolute best when it comes to LSAT prep material. 7Sage does have a study schedule that provides a good amount of structure when compared to other courses. The only thing is it might be hard to hold yourself accountable without an in-person experience and I get that. I used to feel the same way, but then I realized that there are really no silver bullets when it comes to LSAT prep -- that includes different courses, structured schedules, books, tutors, etc.

Judging from the amount of RC/LR questions you're missing I think it's safe to say you could use some improvement with your fundamentals + conditional logic. If 7Sage isn't doing it for you, I also LOVE Manhattan's LR & RC books. Maybe try those out? The LSAT Trainer may also be worth giving a try!

RC can be tough to nail down. Are you taking notes? Experiment with just focusing on what you read without taking notes. Chances are much of what you think is important isn't all that important and it's going to cause you to miss the big picture / main points of the passages you read. Once you miss those you're certain to miss other questions too. It can also cause you to lose momentum, concentration, and waste time. Make sure you're reading for big picture ideas and how the structure of passage is laid out.

Your LG score/GPA tells me you are clearly very smart and capable of a great score. With that GPA and a great LSAT score, you can write your ticket to almost any school you want! Keep your confidence and keep going...

Good luck!

studystudystudy

Postby studystudystudy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:Hey!

I'm probably 7Sage's biggest fan, so I may be biased, but I've found that 7Sage is the absolute best when it comes to LSAT prep material. 7Sage does have a study schedule that provides a good amount of structure when compared to other courses. The only thing is it might be hard to hold yourself accountable without an in-person experience and I get that. I used to feel the same way, but then I realized that there are really no silver bullets when it comes to LSAT prep -- that includes different courses, structured schedules, books, tutors, etc.

Judging from the amount of RC/LR questions you're missing I think it's safe to say you could use some improvement with your fundamentals + conditional logic. If 7Sage isn't doing it for you, I also LOVE Manhattan's LR & RC books. Maybe try those out? The LSAT Trainer may also be worth giving a try!

RC can be tough to nail down. Are you taking notes? Experiment with just focusing on what you read without taking notes. Chances are much of what you think is important isn't all that important and it's going to cause you to miss the big picture / main points of the passages you read. Once you miss those you're certain to miss other questions too. It can also cause you to lose momentum, concentration, and waste time. Make sure you're reading for big picture ideas and how the structure of passage is laid out.

Your LG score/GPA tells me you are clearly very smart and capable of a great score. With that GPA and a great LSAT score, you can write your ticket to almost any school you want! Keep your confidence and keep going...

Good luck!

Hi! So I have the Ultimate+, would you suggest any lessons in particular to review? I have the Ultimate+ :D Thank you for your suggestions! I took PT81 and dipped to 153, so I took a major emotional/confidence hit there. I am just so tired of this f*** test and wish it could be over now. :cry:

Barack O'Drama

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:33 pm

studystudystudy wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:Hey!

Good luck!

Hi! So I have the Ultimate+, would you suggest any lessons in particular to review? I have the Ultimate+ :D Thank you for your suggestions! I took PT81 and dipped to 153, so I took a major emotional/confidence hit there. I am just so tired of this f*** test and wish it could be over now. :cry:

Haha! I feel you on this test... I've grown to embrace my weaknesses and just look at them as learning experiences. Also, FWIW, PT81 had a killer RC and LR section, so don't beat yourself up over that one.

I'd imagine it would be helpful to review the lessons on logic (both into + advanced) Valid/Invalid argument forms, and any LR questions you're missing frequently. JY also recently updated the RC section to include low-high resolution RC techniques -- check that out!

I have some good notes on RC too. If you're interested, just PM me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”