Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Here is an old email chain between me and lsacinfo@lsac.org:

From me:

Hello, I called earlier today and the representative directed me to this email. I'm wondering if any of the following watches match your new watch requirements for test day:

-Perfect Score Watch Version 4
-Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch
-The 180 Watch

Thank you for your help.

From lsacinfo:

Thank you for your inquiry to LSAC:

The Perfect Score watch is acceptable for use for the September 2017 LSAT. The 180 watch is not acceptable. Without a picture of the Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch, it cannot be determined if the watch is acceptable.

Candidate Communications Analyst



I can also forward the email chain to anyone if you PM me an email address.


Also, ditto to
Mikey wrote:Jfc

pricon

Bronze
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby pricon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm

I really don't want to be negative or come off as counter-productive. I think the other guy is actually quite smart given his posts in this forum (that I have read). I just think he is getting a little convoluted in his semantics, and I especially cannot understand why he would cast my mechanical definitions aside as irrelevant when they are at the heart of the discussion. They weren't word play, they were necessary. The word "chronograph" needs to be mechanically defined and made distinct from other mechanical parts before we can start arguing about what watches are which.

pricon

Bronze
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby pricon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Here is an old email chain between me and lsacinfo@lsac.org:

From me:

Hello, I called earlier today and the representative directed me to this email. I'm wondering if any of the following watches match your new watch requirements for test day:

-Perfect Score Watch Version 4
-Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch
-The 180 Watch

Thank you for your help.

From lsacinfo:

Thank you for your inquiry to LSAC:

The Perfect Score watch is acceptable for use for the September 2017 LSAT. The 180 watch is not acceptable. Without a picture of the Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch, it cannot be determined if the watch is acceptable.

Candidate Communications Analyst



I can also forward the email chain to anyone if you PM me an email address.


Also, ditto to
Mikey wrote:Jfc


Wow, the guy couldn't Google that? Seems like he was being a little difficult or lazy LOL.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 pm

pricon wrote:Wow, the guy couldn't Google that? Seems like he was being a little difficult or lazy LOL.

My thought exactly.

It's probably a caution thing, which is why they wanted him to directly send them a picture instead of the LSAC person googling stuff and potentially saying a watch is fine when it's a diff watch or something. Who knows lmao

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby AvatarMeelo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Mikey wrote:
pricon wrote:Wow, the guy couldn't Google that? Seems like he was being a little difficult or lazy LOL.

My thought exactly.

It's probably a caution thing, which is why they wanted him to directly send them a picture instead of the LSAC person googling stuff and potentially saying a watch is fine when it's a diff watch or something. Who knows lmao


I'm gonna hardcore cry if they ban the bezel ones too!

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby LesPaul1995 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm

How much of an aspie do you need to be to purchase an LSAT watch?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby Platopus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pricon

Bronze
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby pricon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:How much of an aspie do you need to be to purchase an LSAT watch?


IDK, man. I rented mine for $20 and it gives me peace of mind and also practical quantitative data. It's efficient. It doesn't take a weirdo to use one. Kind of weird to develop a pseudo-boycott against one, though.

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby LesPaul1995 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Platopus wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:How much of an aspie do you need to be to purchase an LSAT watch?


Aren't you the guy that claimed the LSAT made you smarter than all your friends, and then went on some rant about classical music...? I don't see how buying a watch makes someone aspie?


Didn't claim the former, and their was no rant lol. Someone misunderstood my wording about the latter, just to be clear. If you can't understand what aspie means in this context you won't understand why buying an LSAT watch is, either.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29317
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:10 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:How much of an aspie do you need to be to purchase an LSAT watch?


Aren't you the guy that claimed the LSAT made you smarter than all your friends, and then went on some rant about classical music...? I don't see how buying a watch makes someone aspie?


Didn't claim the former, and their was no rant lol. Someone misunderstood my wording about the latter, just to be clear. If you can't understand what aspie means in this context you won't understand why buying an LSAT watch is, either.

You certainly claimed that the LSAT made you smarter. And stop being an ass about people who want to use a special watch.

NeverOrNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby NeverOrNow » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:10 am

LesPaul1995 wrote:How much of an aspie do you need to be to purchase an LSAT watch?

How much of a jerk do you have to be to use aspie as a derogatory term? Not cool.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby blackmamba8 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:48 am

So is this watch good to use? I just bought it so I'll be pissed if not lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MRW200H-7E ... ting+bezel

User avatar
ltowns1

Silver
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 1:13 am

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby ltowns1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:47 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:So is this watch good to use? I just bought it so I'll be pissed if not lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MRW200H-7E ... ting+bezel



Yep, it should be.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Here is an old email chain between me and lsacinfo@lsac.org:

From me:

Hello, I called earlier today and the representative directed me to this email. I'm wondering if any of the following watches match your new watch requirements for test day:

-Perfect Score Watch Version 4
-Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch
-The 180 Watch

Thank you for your help.

From lsacinfo:

Thank you for your inquiry to LSAC:

The Perfect Score watch is acceptable for use for the September 2017 LSAT. The 180 watch is not acceptable. Without a picture of the Casio Men's MRW200H-7EV Sport Resin Watch, it cannot be determined if the watch is acceptable.

Candidate Communications Analyst



I can also forward the email chain to anyone if you PM me an email address.


Also, ditto to
Mikey wrote:Jfc


You can always count of Barry to bring the evidence and some margaritas!

pricon

Bronze
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby pricon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:36 pm

I called LSAC. Unfortunately, for me anyway, no one at LSAC can conduct dialogue constraining the definition of their term "chronograph watch," at least not in any comprehensive way. The method I was referred to was to use email and ask about specific watches for permission. I am interested in having the watch confusion clarified once and for all, but LSAC's only path to clarity is so inefficient that I have lost motivation. Anyone else can pick up where I left off.

User avatar
ltowns1

Silver
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 1:13 am

Re: Permissible LSAT Watches to Use

Postby ltowns1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm

pricon wrote:I called LSAC. Unfortunately, for me anyway, no one at LSAC can conduct dialogue constraining the definition of their term "chronograph watch," at least not in any comprehensive way. The method I was referred to was to use email and ask about specific watches for permission. I am interested in having the watch confusion clarified once and for all, but LSAC's only path to clarity is so inefficient that I have lost motivation. Anyone else can pick up where I left off.



Aside from my own interests, that's a part of the reason I asked this question in the first place. I imagine a lot of people are confused.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests