December LSATs

booknerd15

December LSATs

Postby booknerd15 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi all. This might come off as a "DUH" kind of question, but hell, I thought I would ask anyway. I am planning to apply this Fall to for next year. I was originally planning on taking the September LSATs but I don't know just how prepared I am for them. I feel like I would do okay, but I will probably do better on the December LSATs. Here's my question (and yes I know I should just take the December LSATs but bear with me): If I take the September LSATs and then I decide to take the December LSATs, can I use both scores on my application? Meaning, can initially apply wanting to use my September score, and I don't do well, I take the December exam and submit those scores as well?

Thank you!

Pozzo

Re: December LSATs

Postby Pozzo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Yes, and you can let schools know you are taking in December. Schools will likely hold your app until December though.

littlelibertine

Postby littlelibertine » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Pozzo wrote:Yes, and you can let schools know you are taking in December. Schools will likely hold your app until December though.

Where should one let them know we're planning to re-take the LSAT in December after a September take?

Pozzo

Postby Pozzo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 pm

If you're registered for December, they'll see that on your app, but you can also send an email to the admissions office with your name and lsac number requesting that they hold for the December score.

littlelibertine

Postby littlelibertine » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Pozzo wrote:If you're registered for December, they'll see that on your app, but you can also send an email to the admissions office with your name and lsac number requesting that they hold for the December score.

Thank you for the information! I'm anticipating high 160s-low 170s on the September test, in line with my PT scores, but I'm shooting for mid-170s -- I want to go to NYU and my GPA is only 3.55. :/

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”