HELP PLEASE. Where should I take the LSAT?? Hotel vs university.

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Sarah_39

New

HELP PLEASE. Where should I take the LSAT?? Hotel vs university.

Postby Sarah_39 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I really need advice because I'm very indecisive on where to take my LSAT in December. I've delayed registering just because I can't decide. I'm between Chapman University and the Irvine Marriott. The Marriott is a bit closer to me but I don't care about driving a little extra for a better environment. I like to have a big enough desk space to work comfortably and a quiet environment. What do y'all think? Any experiences in hotels vs universities? Which is better? Pros/cons? Thanks in advance!! :)

lowlands

New

Re: HELP PLEASE. Where should I take the LSAT?? Hotel vs university.

Postby lowlands » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm

I don't think one is inherently better than the other. It's all going to come down to whether your proctors are on top of their shit. I took the LSAT three times and my experiences ranged from great (quiet, etc) to terrible (proctors running in and out of the rooms, talking to one another during the exam, etc). Plus things like whether there's loud construction outside of the building you're in. In other words it's largely out of your control. Just prepare for the test as well as you can.

wildcat1906

New

Postby wildcat1906 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:24 am

Hey!
Have you considered Irvine valley college? I'm not sure how it is, but I'm assuming anywhere in Irvine shouldn't be as crowded as in LA.. I might be wrong though.

lebongenre

Bronze

Postby lebongenre » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:06 am

I took the exam at a hotel, and the tables were huge, which I really appreciated. I imagine that schools are more likely to seat you in a smaller desk than a hotel would be. I also liked that I could stay at the hotel the night before and get comfy in the environment :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�