Score well untimed but not so well timed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cheyenne

New

Score well untimed but not so well timed

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:34 pm

On my timed PTs I score in the low 160s. When I do a blind review of the PTs my score is always in the mid 170s. So basically I'm taking this to mean that I understand the questions when I have endless time to answer but once I add the time factor it's another story. On average I skip about 4-5 questions in each LR section; I barely make it to the 4th passage in RC; and I pretty much always finish the LG section (sometimes when there's harder games I might not get to 1-2 questions). Any suggestions for what I can do? Should I drill more or take more practice tests? I take 1-2 PTs each week. I'm planning on upping it to 3 per week for this final stretch.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Re: Score well untimed but not so well timed

Post by LesPaul1995 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Cheyenne wrote:On my timed PTs I score in the low 160s. When I do a blind review of the PTs my score is always in the mid 170s. So basically I'm taking this to mean that I understand the questions when I have endless time to answer but once I add the time factor it's another story. On average I skip about 4-5 questions in each LR section; I barely make it to the 4th passage in RC; and I pretty much always finish the LG section (sometimes when there's harder games I might not get to 1-2 questions). Any suggestions for what I can do? Should I drill more or take more practice tests? I take 1-2 PTs each week. I'm planning on upping it to 3 per week for this final stretch.
You don't necessarily need to do full PT's to improve timing. You can do timing sections individually of LR or what have you so you can improve solely on timing without burning through many PT's if you please.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”