HELPLESS AT LOGIC GAMES, PLEASE HELP Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Anonymous Questioner

New

HELPLESS AT LOGIC GAMES, PLEASE HELP

Post by Anonymous Questioner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Hey all, I'm gonna be taking the September exam, and my score range on practice tests has been between a 160 and a 164. I'm looking to hopefully score between a 163 and 166 on the real exam. My worst section is almost invariably logic games. I really struggle to answer more than 15ish questions correctly under the time. Money is tight, so I can't buy more LSAT practice test books. PLEASE HELP. Helpful strategies, free online resources, and any advice would be much appreciated.

TheBlueDevil

New

Re: HELPLESS AT LOGIC GAMES, PLEASE HELP

Post by TheBlueDevil » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Anonymous Questioner wrote:Hey all, I'm gonna be taking the September exam, and my score range on practice tests has been between a 160 and a 164. I'm looking to hopefully score between a 163 and 166 on the real exam. My worst section is almost invariably logic games. I really struggle to answer more than 15ish questions correctly under the time. Money is tight, so I can't buy more LSAT practice test books. PLEASE HELP. Helpful strategies, free online resources, and any advice would be much appreciated.
There's still plenty of time to improve between now and September.

You should work through the PowerScore LG Bible (or similar text) alongside plenty of practice problems (going type-by-type) to develop your fundamentals, then work through practice sections to develop the requisite speed and endurance. Carefully review your work on problems as you go, and watch 7sage's free LG explanation videos.

I know you don't have much money, but it really is worth the investment. If money is really tight, you might try the library or asking people for their old materials. Alternatively, though I'm not one to advocate for piracy, if you know where to look, I'd imagine that you can probably find all the aforementioned resources online for free--but, to be clear, I do not recommend this.

Anonymous Questioner

New

Post by Anonymous Questioner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Okay, well what's the best book for just drilling Logic Games? I've worked through the PowerScore Bible and I have enough practice tests but I'm wondering if there's a book with just the Logic Games from old practice tests?

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 am

There's still value in going back through the LG bible even though you've worked through it. You're aiming for perfection, so keep drilling those problems even though you've seen them before. The goal is to get down the logic down pat, so try and attain perfection with those problems even though you've seen them before.

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 am

I was in the same boat scoring about the same (14-16 correct) until 2 weeks before the June LSAT. Then something just clicked and answers started jumping out at me. I ended up getting 20 correct on the LSAT. Just keep at it. I did timed section after timed section in the last few weeks and the repetition really seemed to help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ilovemydogxo

New

Post by Ilovemydogxo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Anonymous Questioner wrote:Money is tight, so I can't buy more LSAT practice test books.
If money is tight, then how are you planning on financing law school? You do realize that a couple more points you gain from buying more PTs will save you a lot more money than not buying the extra PTs right? Quit making excuses you baby.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”