Analog stop watches banned by LSAC (MasterMind, 180 included)

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
conker

Bronze

Analog stop watches banned by LSAC (MasterMind, 180 included)

Postby conker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 am

LSAC started banning stop watches as far back as the June 2017 LSAT. This includes chronographic watches, analog stop watches, and LSAT-specific wrist watches, such as MasterMind Watch and The 180 Watch. Only regular analog watches, those without stop watch functionality, are permitted, now.

Sigh.

https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11920

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by conker on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lebongenre

Bronze

Re: Chronos are now banned from the LSAT.

Postby lebongenre » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 am

I highly recommend an analog watch with a rotating bezel. I got one when I did Blueprint, and it was really helpful on test day.

https://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat ... -watch-it/

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 am

anecdotal, but I definitely still took and used my mastermind watch on the June test. Proctor didn't care at all

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:anecdotal, but I definitely still took and used my mastermind watch on the June test. Proctor didn't care at all

Ditto for me, I used my 180 Watch with no issues in June.

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:30 am

Only LSAC would make a distinction between a bezel and a reset button and then choose to ban one of them :lol: This makes no sense

conker

Bronze

Postby conker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:anecdotal, but I definitely still took and used my mastermind watch on the June test. Proctor didn't care at all

Ditto for me, I used my 180 Watch with no issues in June.

I did, too. And I'm going to try to get away with it again in September.

My proctors weren't all that strict. They brought a box of pencils for the test takers, and started an analog clock at noon beginning with each section. And I could have brought in a cell phone without getting caught, because they just took my word that I didn't have one in my jacket.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Seems as if the Perfect score watch would be allowed under these conditions as its just the bezel.. Not chrono

conker

Bronze

Postby conker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:Seems as if the Perfect score watch would be allowed under these conditions as its just the bezel.. Not chrono

I have a hard time understanding what you mean by "it's just the bezel." While it is not a chronograph watch, LSAC is not banning only chronograph watches. They are banning all stop watches, which would include chronographs (analog stop watch + regular analog watch).

Again, the Perfect Score watch uses a start-stop mechanism, not a bezel mechanism, such as the example above posted by lebongenre, correct?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:18 pm

conker wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Seems as if the Perfect score watch would be allowed under these conditions as its just the bezel.. Not chrono

I have a hard time understanding what you mean by "it's just the bezel." While it is not a chronograph watch, LSAC is not banning only chronograph watches. They are banning all stop watches, which would include chronographs (analog stop watch + regular analog watch).

Again, the Perfect Score watch uses a start-stop mechanism, not a bezel mechanism, such as the example above posted by lebongenre, correct?

No the perfect score watch doesnt use a start stop mechanism. Its a normal ticking analog watch.. you just move the minute hand to the point on the bezel where the section starts. If the bezel wasnt color coated and didn't have only numbers up to 35 etc its function is a normal watch.

conker

Bronze

Postby conker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm

lebongenre wrote:I highly recommend an analog watch with a rotating bezel. I got one when I did Blueprint, and it was really helpful on test day.

https://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat ... -watch-it/

This seems like an example of a watch with both a bezel function and a stop watch function, so I think it would not be permitted. You'd need something like this if your proctor wanted to pull out the rule book: https://www.jamesedition.com/watches/ro ... tch-700391.

conker

Bronze

Postby conker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:22 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
conker wrote:

No the perfect score watch doesnt use a start stop mechanism. Its a normal ticking analog watch.. you just move the minute hand to the point on the bezel where the section starts. If the bezel wasnt color coated and didn't have only numbers up to 35 etc its function is a normal watch.

Can you show me an example? This https://www.perfectscorewatch.com/produ ... -lsat-exam does not have a bezel functionality at all. Its hand is wound using a knob and timing starts and stops by pushing in or pulling out the knob. There also is no indication of a 12-12 like a regular analog watch would need.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 pm

conker wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
conker wrote:

Can you show me an example? This https://www.perfectscorewatch.com/produ ... -lsat-exam does not have a bezel functionality at all. Its hand is wound using the knob and timing starts and stops by pushing in or pulling out the knob. There also is no indication of a 12-12 like a regular analog watch would need.

My apologies. Just realized I said bezel. There is no bezel... I was just referring to the custom face.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Re: Analog stop watches banned by LSAC (MasterMind, 180 included)

Postby LesPaul1995 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:41 pm

things assburgers can buy: the 180/mastermind watch

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�