Was June LSAT easier?

myk247

Was June LSAT easier?

Postby myk247 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:50 am

I thought it was, and was wondering how people feel.

MediocreAtBest

Re: Was June LSAT easier?

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:07 am

LG was super easy unfortunately. LR was average with a few tricky questions, and RC was the same. In my opinion.

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:22 am

Objectively LR1, RC and LG were pretty easy IMHO while LR2 was slightly above average difficulty. But the strict curve evened it out, so while the questions themselves were overall easier there was no real change in difficulty required to reach a certain score.

DaydreamNation

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 am

LR2 was my best section at -2 wtf is wrong with me

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 am

DaydreamNation wrote:LR2 was my best section at -2 wtf is wrong with me

The 25 question one? I went -4 on it which was half of my total missed questions.

DaydreamNation

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:LR2 was my best section at -2 wtf is wrong with me

The 25 question one? I went -4 on it which was half of my total missed questions.

Yeah I went -2 on the 25 question one, -3 on the 26 question one

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:19 am

I think the curve is largely a joke. I averaged -8 on the most recent 20 PTs (with curves all in the -9 to -14 range). Went -8 on June

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:20 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Objectively LR1, RC and LG were pretty easy IMHO while LR2 was slightly above average difficulty. But the strict curve evened it out, so while the questions themselves were overall easier there was no real change in difficulty required to reach a certain score.

you shut your mouth jimmy. that psych passage was hard! :evil: :evil:

ETA: the rest of RC was dirt easy

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Objectively LR1, RC and LG were pretty easy IMHO while LR2 was slightly above average difficulty. But the strict curve evened it out, so while the questions themselves were overall easier there was no real change in difficulty required to reach a certain score.

The content was pretty weird but the structure was pretty standard. Still was on the harder end and took me about 11 minutes to do all the questions, but as you said the rest of the section was super easy, which balanced things out. Definitely have seen harder passages (Pin factory, Eilean Grey etc.) but inferential thinking is probably up there in my top 5 hardest.

Funny thing is my only miss was on the first passage, which was by far the easiest.

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:36 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

The content was pretty weird but the structure was pretty standard. Still was on the harder end and took me about 11 minutes to do all the questions, but as you said the rest of the section was super easy, which balanced things out. Definitely have seen harder passages (Pin factory, Eilean Grey etc.) but inferential thinking is probably up there in my top 5 hardest.

Funny thing is my only miss was on the first passage, which was by far the easiest.

I don't think I ever did pin factory, but I didn't think Eileen Grey was difficult at all. I only missed 3 RC, and all on that stupid passage haha. Two of them were inferential Qs

MediocreAtBest

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

I think one thing that messed me up was having the experimental LG before LR2. That brewery game really crushed me and I went into LR2 still thinking about it, ended up missing 5 questions there. I hope they scrap that game.

heyduchess

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:00 pm

I somehow got three wrong on LG and I NEVER miss LG. So, that was a major bummer.

But, IMO, this LSAT was harder because the hardest questions were tricky to feel confident on and the easy questions killed the curve.

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:47 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I think one thing that messed me up was having the experimental LG before LR2. That brewery game really crushed me and I went into LR2 still thinking about it, ended up missing 5 questions there. I hope they scrap that game.

Luckily I got a super easy LG experimental just before the break. I finished with 5 minutes left which I never do. Was kind of bummed out that it wasn't real since I made a couple stupid mistakes on the real one.

MediocreAtBest

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 pm

I think many users here would agree with me, but I'd rather have a slightly harder test with a normal curve than the test we got in June. I'm also super salty that I performed at the bottom of my range, but my opinion still stands.

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:37 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I think many users here would agree with me, but I'd rather have a slightly harder test with a normal curve than the test we got in June. I'm also super salty that I performed at the bottom of my range, but my opinion still stands.

Would much rather have 'regular' test with -12 curve. I'll still miss 8 questions regardless

carsondalywashere

Postby carsondalywashere » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:13 pm

It felt like any other test I have ever taken

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:14 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I think many users here would agree with me, but I'd rather have a slightly harder test with a normal curve than the test we got in June. I'm also super salty that I performed at the bottom of my range, but my opinion still stands.

Would much rather have 'regular' test with -12 curve. I'll still miss 8 questions regardless

^

I routinely miss the same amount of questions regardless of the curve...

DaydreamNation

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 pm

The LG felt bizarrely easy to me. And I am bad at LG.

runnergirl159

Postby runnergirl159 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Harsh curves affect high scorers disproportionately. So while the June LSAT might've been easier for someone who is bad at LG, since a lot of high scorers are good at LG, they'd probably have been better off with a more generous curve and harder LG section. Also, such a harsh curve leaves little room for error, so if you tend to make a few careless mistakes on every PT, it would've been really hard to have gotten a high score on this test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”