Taking in September. How to go from 167-170 to 172+?

LawSchoolNJ2018

Taking in September. How to go from 167-170 to 172+?

Postby LawSchoolNJ2018 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:09 pm

I took in February and got a 167. I'm looking to get at least a 172 this time around. What's the best way to do this.

LR: between -1 to -4 depending on how hard the section is.
RC: Between -4 to -6 or even 7
LG: -0 to -5, depending on how many stupid mistakes I make.

What's the best way for me to improve? I've never really done blind review, so I've just started implemented that into my studying. I've found I get between 178-180 in blind review, so I really just need to work on precision and consistency.

Do you guys recommend taking 3 practice tests a week and blind reviewing them extremely thoroughly, or doing the same level of review for individual sections and maybe one test per week? I'm really only talking about RC and LR here. Either way, I'll be doing multiple sections of LG each day until September 16th.

Is there anyone that made this similar jump in a retake and has any advice for me?

Thanks for your help!

carsondalywashere

Re: Taking in September. How to go from 167-170 to 172+?

Postby carsondalywashere » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm

It will require you changing your study routine; whatever you're doing now isn't getting you over the hump. Getting past this plateau will require knocking down the fucking door, as you have very little room to make any errors

Mike Kim has a great post on this. I'll dig for it later when I'm on a comp

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:It will require you changing your study routine; whatever you're doing now isn't getting you over the hump. Getting past this plateau will require knocking down the fucking door, as you have very little room to make any errors

http://lsatters.com/forums/topic/advice ... p-scorers/

This one??

carsondalywashere

Postby carsondalywashere » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:It will require you changing your study routine; whatever you're doing now isn't getting you over the hump. Getting past this plateau will require knocking down the fucking door, as you have very little room to make any errors

http://lsatters.com/forums/topic/advice ... p-scorers/

This one??

Yes, that's the one

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”