The Official December 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
11%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
7%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 115

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:32 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:I've been taking it semi-easy this week. I haven't PT'd like I have been meaning too because I sliced my dominate hand really bad while cleaning a glass cup that shattered in my hand. The biggest cut is healing up a bit and hurts a lot less so I think I will continue my PT schedule Monday and get back on track. I'm fine with that anyways as I started the Manhattan LSAT book this week. Doing Fox + Cambridge drills while doing each chapter in Manhattan LR. -0 on Fox Nec. Assumption but I've done these problems before. Doing them untimed. I am starting to see patterns in nec. assumption questions. Like between defender answers and answers that close the gap. Suff assumptions questions are my shit so sometimes I think with nec assumption I try too hard to close the gap and the answer I may choose is something that strengthens or is more than needed and not necessary for the argument. Doing flaw questions now. Flaw questions can get tricky when you can't predict exactly what the flaw is. My weakest question types thanks to 7sage are weaken, strengthen, nec. assumption and flaw. Trying to get better at these types.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4 weeks from tomorrow y'all

Also, I'm looking into buying a new car. Something under $8k. Thinking Lexus, Honda, or Toyota. Any suggestions?? I'm debating something sporty like a coupe, but if I end up somewhere snowy for law school I'm going to want something that can drive in the snow.

Ive never owned a Lexus, but Ive heard that it costs quite a bit to maintain them especially compared to cars like Hondas or Toyotas. Might be something to consider moving forward.

Actually quiet the contrary. My parents own 2 (LS 400 and RX 350) and just bought a 3rd for my sister. Most dependable luxury cars and are owned by Toyota. My dad fixes everything on the car himself and it’s pretty cheap.

I have a Corolla now and it’s great but it’s hideous and I feel like upgrading lol

If thats the case, then I'd go with the lexus so you can get something sporty/luxury that would really enjoy and its not just "having a car" I didnt know repairs on Lexus werent expensive. I assumed they were in the same realm as BMW, Mercedes and Range Rover where it costs an arm and a leg if you dont have a warranty.

Also, when is your goal to finish MH and Fox by?

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
If thats the case, then I'd go with the lexus so you can get something sporty/luxury that would really enjoy and its not just "having a car" I didnt know repairs on Lexus werent expensive. I assumed they were in the same realm as BMW, Mercedes and Range Rover where it costs an arm and a leg if you dont have a warranty.

Finishing up Chp. 6 of MH so halfway? Trying to do drills + chapters on off days and finish in the next 2 weeks hopefully. I don't mind finishing the MH book first and still having some questions to drill left over. I can use them for after a PT to work on problem areas.

R u using the MH book?

Yeah I just had finished redoing the Trainer RC and the the Trainer LR for Flaws thus far. I was trying to decide if I just quickly just run through the rest of the trainer LR AND do the MH LR or maybe just do the corresponding chapters in both just for my weaknesses pointed out by 7sage analytics as I go along? What are you thoughts? I still have some fundamental gaps no doubt but dont want to spend too much time on the books though.. I also have the BIbles which i havent looked at in a loooonnnggg time but I think the MH LR is better.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:

Finishing up Chp. 6 of MH so halfway? Trying to do drills + chapters on off days and finish in the next 2 weeks hopefully. I don't mind finishing the MH book first and still having some questions to drill left over. I can use them for after a PT to work on problem areas.

R u using the MH book?

Yeah I just had finished redoing the Trainer RC and the the Trainer LR for Flaws thus far. I was trying to decide if I just quickly just run through the rest of the trainer LR AND do the MH LR or maybe just do the corresponding chapters in both just for my weaknesses pointed out by 7sage analytics as I go along? What are you thoughts? I still have some fundamental gaps no doubt but dont want to spend too much time on the books though.. I also have the BIbles which i havent looked at in a loooonnnggg time but I think the MH LR is better.

Maybe review both as u go along? I think both have good tips and clues. Bible is unnecessary if you’re already doing 2 other books. But yeah don’t spend too much time on books. I think books r good cause sometimes we get lost in just doing problems without really fundamentally thinking about the process. Problems become 2nd nature where sometimes I get answers right and I can’t go on a long explaination of why just that I know lol

Okay good point. Yeah i think thats where i am at.. after a while i just go and answer a question without applying the fundamentals even though i know them so i feel like the more i keep them on my mind the more likely i will apply them in the moment. I think i am going to do the chapters consecutively as i go a long and prioritize weak areas.

scallywag

New

Postby scallywag » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:05 pm

PT 73... I just absolutely bombed the LG section. Totally surprised by this performance. Holy crap.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
lemon_lyman wrote:PT 48's scoring scale is just ridiculous -______-

Duuudeee did U see my post from a couple of days ago? -9 and still ended up with a 169 lol the fuck

Yea, any test where it's not at least -10 for a 170 is NOT FAIR. Any test where a score in the 165+ range is impossible to get from a raw score is NOT FAIR.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:18 pm

scallywag wrote:PT 73... I just absolutely bombed the LG section. Totally surprised by this performance. Holy crap.

Ouch, what happened man? I just did 73 on Saturday and went -0. If you post on here, I'm happy to help and boost our post count. ;-)

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:04 pm

If the goal is to boost our post count, I'd like to ask what are you guy's top three schools. Mine are 1) UCLA 2) USC 3) Loyola Los Angeles
:wink:
(Also, I just want to know y'all better even though we'll probably never meet after this :cry: )

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Underperformed on PT57 LG :/. Granted I'm fatigued from work, but this is concerning. Very curious to see how I do on PT82

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 pm

saffles wrote:If the goal is to boost our post count, I'd like to ask what are you guy's top three schools. Mine are 1) UCLA 2) USC 3) Loyola Los Angeles
(Also, I just want to know y'all better even though we'll probably never meet after this :cry: )

I'm trying to go to school at night so
1. Georgetown
2. GW
3. Mason...I'm still determining if I want ASS Law on my Diploma...

scallywag

New

Postby scallywag » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
scallywag wrote:PT 73... I just absolutely bombed the LG section. Totally surprised by this performance. Holy crap.

Ouch, what happened man? I just did 73 on Saturday and went -0. If you post on here, I'm happy to help and boost our post count. ;-)

I started out OK, -0 on the first game, but then a -3 on the second game and I didn't even get to the last 9 questions, of which I only "guessed" one correctly. So clearly LG #2 strategy plus time management are the keys here. I'll take a closer look later and PM you if I have a question. Thanks for reaching out.

Also worth noting that "C" answers seem to be very sparse at the end of every section key. I noticed because I never finish all the questions in RC or LG.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
saffles wrote:If the goal is to boost our post count, I'd like to ask what are you guy's top three schools. Mine are 1) UCLA 2) USC 3) Loyola Los Angeles

I c u want to end up in Cali lol

Berkeley has been my #1 but for a while but currently can’t get in and they also don’t give $$$

Other than that I don’t really have a list I like most of the t14 + gtown a lot

xD Haha yes. I really liked LA when I visited and I want to go into entertainment law :)

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Experiment626 wrote:

I'm trying to go to school at night so
1. Georgetown
2. GW
3. Mason...I'm still determining if I want ASS Law on my Diploma...

Oh that's interesting (about night school) because I don't hear much insight about that side of law school.
xD I had to look up ASS law but I totally get you lol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 pm

1. Michigan
2. Harvard
3. NYU

Realistically: cooley

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Mikey wrote:

1. Michigan
2. Harvard
3. NYU

!!!, but no CLS?! or is that 4

michigan is a great law school. Ive recently become more interested in it as well.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:

1. Michigan
2. Harvard
3. NYU

michigan is a great law school. Ive recently become more interested in it as well.

I mean yeah, I'd go to Columbia, but I'd much rather gtfo of NY for 3 years. NYU is my top choice if I were to stay here though. but preferably, Michigan all the way! I feel like my Why Michigan is better than any Why X I'm planning on writing for other schools lol.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Mikey wrote:PT 68

LR: -1/-1
RC: -5
LG: -6 really?

those 2 games in LG man.. what even...

You straight up did 2 PTs in a row with notoriously hard LG sections hahahaha you'll kill the next one after putting yourself through that I bet

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:

You straight up did 2 PTs in a row with notoriously hard LG sections hahahaha you'll kill the next one after putting yourself through that I bet

at least I know I can pull a 169 while having a tough LG section lol

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:

Hahaha exactly - your LR is to die for

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:

1. Michigan
2. Harvard
3. NYU

I mean yeah, I'd go to Columbia, but I'd much rather gtfo of NY for 3 years. NYU is my top choice if I were to stay here though. but preferably, Michigan all the way! I feel like my Why Michigan is better than any Why X I'm planning on writing for other schools lol.

Gotcha! and no doubt. All great choices

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:
Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:

Thanks. Just a few PTs ago I was getting like -5 per LR for some odd reason. Don't know why it happened over like 3 PTs. Was annoying but I reviewed and I guess I saw what I was doing wrong lol

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:

Thanks. Just a few PTs ago I was getting like -5 per LR for some odd reason. Don't know why it happened over like 3 PTs. Was annoying but I reviewed and I guess I saw what I was doing wrong lol

That's awesome. I'm usually around like -3ish but when my brain is tired and I have trouble reading/comprehending the stimulus I can sometimes dip below that. It especially happens in my second LR section and it's super annoying.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:20 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:
Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
Mikey wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:

That's awesome. I'm usually around like -3ish but when my brain is tired and I have trouble reading/comprehending the stimulus I can sometimes dip below that. It especially happens in my second LR section and it's super annoying.

Idk why but i tend to do better on the 2nd LR instead. But RC definitely i like earlier on

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?