The Official December 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
11%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
7%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 115

Mikey

Platinum

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:I really need to start studying for this...

MR 180

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Mikey wrote:

MR 180

I wish

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Alright y’all thanks to experiment’s good luck I did great on my PT today :mrgreen:

Just finished PT 48. I have never seen any of the questions on this test, so completely brand new. Want to see what kind of progress I am making. I found that I was struggling with some of the LR + RC so I wasn’t too confident in my score, but I scored a 169!!!! Which I am very happy about! I’ll take that as my actual score test day. I think this makes me more confident going into the real test day seeing as we have exactly 5 more weeks (sorry if I triggered any of you).

Also, during my 15 min break I went to use the bathroom and this kid started chatting me up. He’s like oh I see you studying for the LSAT are you taking Dec? Super nice and I think he’s studying too. Might ask him if he wants to study together sometime.

Anyways I’m now in a good mood, and now I’m just waiting on the orange scrubs and temporary tattoos I ordered for my inmate costume to come today in time for a Halloween party I’m going to!

:mrgreen:

So stoked everything's going well for you Lilwing!! I am still not doing too many practice tests and focusing more on refinement of my skills through drilling, etc. So I don't really know where I am with my progress and I'm pretty fine with that at the moment :D Having my happiness dependent on PT scores multiple times a week is draining for me, so I decided to hold off on them for a lil bit until ~ a month before. I feel more confident in some of my skills now, though, so we'll have to see how that affects the PT scores once I get back into it!

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Did anyone else struggle with the last game on PT72?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm

PT 73.

RC-5
LR- -3/-4
LG- -0

I'm so pissed because I'm not sure how to weight this performance. The neighbor upstairs was doing something that sounded like elephants moving/rolling things around wearing tap shoes which irritated the fuck out of me. Like I had to pause in the middle and started playing classical music to drown them out which kinda helped and kinda distracted because it had to be LOUD AF which was another form of distraction. I know test day won't have that noise level... Once I finished, took an hour and a half off and ran back through all of RC and the ones I circled on LR I had the following break down

RC -1
LR- -0/-2
LG-0

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:29 pm

King of the North wrote:Did anyone else struggle with the last game on PT72?

Ummm, it's been a while since I did 72 but i glanced at it.. Yea, it's one of those oddball ones that you need to figure out a way that works for you and have built up a time buffer from crushing the easier games...

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Alright y’all thanks to experiment’s good luck I did great on my PT today :mrgreen:

Just finished PT 48. I have never seen any of the questions on this test, so completely brand new. Want to see what kind of progress I am making. I found that I was struggling with some of the LR + RC so I wasn’t too confident in my score, but I scored a 169!!!! Which I am very happy about! I’ll take that as my actual score test day. I think this makes me more confident going into the real test day seeing as we have exactly 5 more weeks (sorry if I triggered any of you).

Also, during my 15 min break I went to use the bathroom and this kid started chatting me up. He’s like oh I see you studying for the LSAT are you taking Dec? Super nice and I think he’s studying too. Might ask him if he wants to study together sometime.

Anyways I’m now in a good mood, and now I’m just waiting on the orange scrubs and temporary tattoos I ordered for my inmate costume to come today in time for a Halloween party I’m going to!

:mrgreen:

So stoked everything's going well for you Lilwing!! I am still not doing too many practice tests and focusing more on refinement of my skills through drilling, etc. So I don't really know where I am with my progress and I'm pretty fine with that at the moment :D Having my happiness dependent on PT scores multiple times a week is draining for me, so I decided to hold off on them for a lil bit until ~ a month before. I feel more confident in some of my skills now, though, so we'll have to see how that affects the PT scores once I get back into it!

Thanks friend <3 so are you drilling now? How your prep going?

I love Miles Davis btw 8)

Hahaha Davis is amazing!! Fun fact: I would listen to Kind of Blue on the way to (almost) every exam in undergrad.

I'm Canadian so working on applications (due Nov 1) and doing some drilling. Here applications work in a way where we have a hard deadline, and so all schools get our apps at the same time. As soon as my apps are all submitted on the first, I'll be fully back on that LSAT train.

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
King of the North wrote:Did anyone else struggle with the last game on PT72?

Ummm, it's been a while since I did 72 but i glanced at it.. Yea, it's one of those oddball ones that you need to figure out a way that works for you and have built up a time buffer from crushing the easier games...

Yeah. Sadly it tripped me up. I wasn't able to come up with a good solution to tackle the game. The first game threw me off a bit too, even though it wasn't incredibly difficult, so it snowballed from there. I should've broken into the 160s today, but I let LG prevent me from doing so unfortunately.

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:40 pm

I got roped into a work shift, so I couldn’t do that PT today.

But I shall do it tomorrow!

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:41 pm

greatspirit wrote:I got roped into a work shift, so I couldn’t do that PT today.

Which one?

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:08 pm

How do I make a list of safety/target/reach schools when I haven't even taken the LSAT? I just want to have started the apps before I get my score in January, so I can submit them as soon as I get it. I only have my GPA...

New

Postby 239840 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:42 pm

saffles wrote:How do I make a list of safety/target/reach schools when I haven't even taken the LSAT? I just want to have started the apps before I get my score in January, so I can submit them as soon as I get it. I only have my GPA...

What I'll probably do is just put my stats into mylsn after I get my score. I'll either decide a list from there, or not apply at all, depending on how it goes. :|

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 am

saffles wrote:How do I make a list of safety/target/reach schools when I haven't even taken the LSAT? I just want to have started the apps before I get my score in January, so I can submit them as soon as I get it. I only have my GPA...

that's hard to do without the official LSAT score... How many practice tests have you taken?

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:16 am

King of the North wrote:
greatspirit wrote:I got roped into a work shift, so I couldn’t do that PT today.

Which one?

PT 51.

...dakingindanorth!

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:47 am

Experiment626 wrote:

that's hard to do without the official LSAT score... How many practice tests have you taken?

Uh, I took three like two months ago (and did horribly). I've just been drilling lately...I guess I'll ask this question again when it comes close to the official test date because that's when I go back to timed PT.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 am

239840 wrote:

What I'll probably do is just put my stats into mylsn after I get my score. I'll either decide a list from there, or not apply at all, depending on how it goes. :|

Same about the not applying at all. Best of luck to the both of us!

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Plan to do PT today fell apart. Hard to reposition myself after planning for the week on doing it Saturday (specifically having a Friday evening/Saturday morning approach tailored to test day), then having a last minute change.

Will just drill some LG & LR for 2-3 hours.

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:59 pm

greatspirit wrote:
King of the North wrote:

Which one?

PT 51.

...dakingindanorth!

Valar Morghulis

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Mikey wrote:

MR 180

I wish

I had been studying for some time, but finally ~weds/thurs got ultra-motivated again. It was a struggle before that though lol

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm

What’s everyone’s study music of choice? Maybe that could be the next poll lol.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 pm

King of the North wrote:What’s everyone’s study music of choice? Maybe that could be the next poll lol.

anything I listen to regularly tbh

I love studying with music, always have and always will! :)

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Mikey wrote:
King of the North wrote:What’s everyone’s study music of choice? Maybe that could be the next poll lol.

anything I listen to regularly tbh

I love studying with music, always have and always will! :)

Same! No matter what I’m studying for. I don’t have music playing during timed sections, but during BR or just general material/lesson review I have it on. Today’s music of choice is a heavy dose of jazz and some funky pop French from the 60s.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:54 pm

MILES DAVIS BABYYYYY!!!!!

But, yeah. Jazz. And lots of it. I also occasionally like to listen to hip-hop during more math-like work such as logic games (untimed). I never listen to music during timed sections or during reading comp, but do a lot while drilling LR question types and games. Also listen to it basically 100% of the time I'm doing actual school work/writing essays, etc. Honestly, sometimes I even whip on some mumble rap or metal and go ham while pumping out school work. It's great.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:57 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:

MILES DAVIS BABYYYYY!!!!!

But, yeah. Jazz. And lots of it. I also occasionally like to listen to hip-hop during more math-like work such as logic games (untimed). I never listen to music during timed sections or during reading comp, but do a lot while drilling LR question types and games. Also listen to it basically 100% of the time I'm doing actual school work/writing essays, etc. Honestly, sometimes I even whip on some mumble rap or metal and go ham while pumping out school work. It's great.
Edit: I also listen to a lot of indie/alternative rock and stuff. Used to play in an alt-rock/indie band so it will always have a place in my heart

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?