The Official December 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
11%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
7%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 115

Experiment626

Silver

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
I’ve heard of people having to wake up at 4AM test day, and that’s quiet unfortunate. Thank god I only have to wake up at 6:00/6:30 to be able to do morning drills and check in and all that jazz. I’m a ~15 drive from my test center, if that.

im about 30 mins from our TC, maybe less if i speed and no traffic. so around 6 to 6:30 for me as well.

do you get there super early though? your area of the room was all filled up i think by the time i got there.. i hate that long ass line at our TC, its dreadful.. GOSH NY KIDS, WHY DO SO MANY OF Y'ALL WANT TO BE LAWYERS

I've been getting up at 6 on Saturdays to mimic test day. I plan on getting there by 7:15 to have an hour to warm up, eat breakfast sandwich and bio real quick, then check in.

It's just as bad in DC.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:44 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
I’ve heard of people having to wake up at 4AM test day, and that’s quiet unfortunate. Thank god I only have to wake up at 6:00/6:30 to be able to do morning drills and check in and all that jazz. I’m a ~15 drive from my test center, if that.

im about 30 mins from our TC, maybe less if i speed and no traffic. so around 6 to 6:30 for me as well.

do you get there super early though? your area of the room was all filled up i think by the time i got there.. i hate that long ass line at our TC, its dreadful.. GOSH NY KIDS, WHY DO SO MANY OF Y'ALL WANT TO BE LAWYERS

I've been getting up at 6 on Saturdays to mimic test day. I plan on getting there by 7:15 to have an hour to warm up, eat breakfast sandwich and bio real quick, then check in.

It's just as bad in DC.

Oh yeah I can see NYC + DC especially being filled with lawyer wannabes.

Wonder what it’s like in a test center in rural bumblefuck.

When I took the LSAT 11 years ago in SWVA it was fairly crowded. But that's because all the kids on campus that wanted to apply were stuck in the same room.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Experiment626 wrote:I'm surprised that I don't drink alcohol is currently the top choice.... Wonder how many are because they're not 21...

Hahaha...I'm just super lightweight :oops:

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

It's just as bad in DC.

Oh yeah I can see NYC + DC especially being filled with lawyer wannabes.

Wonder what it’s like in a test center in rural bumblefuck.

When I took the LSAT 11 years ago in SWVA it was fairly crowded. But that's because all the kids on campus that wanted to apply were stuck in the same room.

oh god, yeah i can imagine DC sucking like here on test day.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Mikey wrote:oh god, yeah i can imagine DC sucking like here on test day.

I had to go 40 minutes outside of the city for the June test. But SOOOOO worth it to have a room with only one other person in it. I'm hoping for none this round!

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:oh god, yeah i can imagine DC sucking like here on test day.

I had to go 40 minutes outside of the city for the June test. But SOOOOO worth it to have a room with only one other person in it. I'm hoping for none this round!

damn lol thats pretty awesome either way.

i think for september there were like more than 100 people in the room, maybe more maybe less, i don't remember it that clearly lol

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

I don't think when you get there matters. I met up with my other friend but she ended up going to some room in the basement whereas I was with you fools in that big testing room. Our TC must have it's own system for sorting test-takers. That being said, the line sucks for sure but thankfully it's a quick process once you're in. I do think it's dumb that they won't let you use the bathroom once you sit down at your desk... just leave your ID with the proctor or something to verify it's you coming back in.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

I don't think when you get there matters. I met up with my other friend but she ended up going to some room in the basement whereas I was with you fools in that big testing room. Our TC must have it's own system for sorting test-takers. That being said, the line sucks for sure but thankfully it's a quick process once you're in. I do think it's dumb that they won't let you use the bathroom once you sit down at your desk... just leave your ID with the proctor or something to verify it's you coming back in.

The rooms are preassigned. Probably based on known capacity and LSAC just plops them in based on that and then moves to the next room at the TC. Placement in the room itself is based on when you check in.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

Yeah the restroom thing is dumb, I agree.

I hate that room, there's so many people in it and takes long to resume work and end work lol

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Doing PT 50 tomorrow!

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Is it possible to submit an app and update your app with a new score? Considering doing this for the feb test

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:21 pm

My sister said I should make friends so are any NYC peeps up for karaoke after LSAT? xD
Last edited by saffles on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 pm

PrezRand wrote:Is it possible to submit an app and update your app with a new score? Considering doing this for the feb test

Depends on the school. Are you saying asking them to hold decision until Feb scores are out or submit and if you get WL/Rejected ask for reconsideration?

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
saffles wrote:My sister said I should make friends so is anyone up for karaoke after LSAT? xD

Depends where u r located. Free karaoke in the basement of this cool bar in NYC (the Mean Fiddler) me and clueless have been to. :mrgreen:

I don't do karaoke but I'm sure after a few drinks I will. wassup

MercW07

Bronze

Postby MercW07 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:01 pm

peege wrote:Y'all may have an answer to my question...

So I'm a senior in undergrad and am leaning toward taking a year off before law school, but if I did that I would no longer be eligible for my parents insurance (retired military Tricare). I'd have a job in the interim but how do you get health insurance in law school if you're not married and not on your parents' plan??

Holy shit, this post just made me realize that if I start LS in 2019 instead 2018 ill be uninsured for a period of time. As if I wasn't stressed enough as it currently is...

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
PrezRand wrote:Is it possible to submit an app and update your app with a new score? Considering doing this for the feb test

Depends on the school. Are you saying asking them to hold decision until Feb scores are out or submit and if you get WL/Rejected ask for reconsideration?

I didn't even think about it that way. I think I'm referring to the former.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:23 pm

MercW07 wrote:
peege wrote:Y'all may have an answer to my question...

So I'm a senior in undergrad and am leaning toward taking a year off before law school, but if I did that I would no longer be eligible for my parents insurance (retired military Tricare). I'd have a job in the interim but how do you get health insurance in law school if you're not married and not on your parents' plan??

Holy shit, this post just made me realize that if I start LS in 2019 instead 2018 ill be uninsured for a period of time. As if I wasn't stressed enough as it currently is...

Hurray for being old and having my own insurance... lol

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
saffles wrote:My sister said I should make friends so is anyone up for karaoke after LSAT? xD

Depends where u r located. Free karaoke in the basement of this cool bar in NYC (the Mean Fiddler) me and clueless have been to. :mrgreen:

I can venture to Manhattan once in a blue moon. I'm gonna need to forget about how badly I performed on the test xP I'm in Queens :roll:

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:56 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
saffles wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

I can venture to Manhattan once in a blue moon. I'm gonna need to forget about how badly I performed on the test xP I'm in Queens :roll:

No way ! I’m from killa Queens too :mrgreen: all the cool kids are

Sameeeeeeee. Queens sucks for bars imo, unless I guess if you like the vibe of Astoria or something idunno. Manhattan is where it's attttt.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
saffles wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

No way ! I’m from killa Queens too :mrgreen: all the cool kids are

Welp. Wanted to use a gif to show my enthusiasm but I don't know how and gave up so anyway... YASSSSSSSS! Represent B-)

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:No way ! I’m from killa Queens too :mrgreen: all the cool kids are

Sameeeeeeee. Queens sucks for bars imo, unless I guess if you like the vibe of Astoria or something idunno. Manhattan is where it's attttt.

You mean you haven't heard of..."The Bell Strip"?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?