The Official December 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
11%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
7%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 115

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Lol I'm laughing right now. Y'all inspired me so I took PT 5 as a 6 section PT. 3 sections then break then another 3 sections. Experimentals in section 1 and section 4 from PT 17. I actually ran out of time to do 2 questions in the first real LR and 2 questions in the 2nd real LR and didn't input anything for those questions into 7sage (just so I can see which questions I get right out of knowledge, not luck and guessing), and still somehow ended up with a 172. I guess I must have killed the other sections ? I'm OK with that 8)

EDIT:

Pt 5
EXP LG -1 (BR -0)
LR -5 (BR -3)
LG -1 (BR -0)
EXP LR -3 (BR -3)
LR -5 (Br -3)
RC -1 (BR -1)
-------------------------
-12 (BR -7)
172 (177)

I basically was saved by the crazy generous curve lol....also I might stop doing earlier PTs because you get these super wacky questions that you don't see in present LSATs.

Awesome! youve been killing it regardless!! Whats your current schedule in regards to how many PTs you take a week and sections, q-type drilling etc? Are you PTing everyday?

gracias Monday Wednesday Friday I PT and Tuesday Thursday Saturday I finish up BR and drill sections. Just got my Fox book in the mail so going to drill by type because I need to tighten up my LR a lot

Wyd?

Nice sounds like a good plan. Yeah I am pretty much in the same spot as you testing wise and need to tighten LR a bit. I have been just reviewing the LR MH book and doing some question and section drillking up until this point. Starting on the PT grind again and think Ill do a schedule like yours and just remove a PT If Im feeling burnt out or need a review day.

I never BR but I am really considering doing it. I usually just review what I got wrong or questions Ik i "Guessed on." For me it seems like my LR performance comes down to Having extra time in the bank to come back and review a handful of questions im not 100% on so I really want to get more and more efficient with the sections which is why i think more PTs and Timed section drilling will help.

Do you think the fox book will help? besides reviewing the mH LR book again on weak question types I didnt want to waste time on material and figured more practice would be more beneficial to me.

Its time to really buckle down.

Just cracked open the Fox book for the first time today and I like that the questions are from PTs 40-60 vs Cambridge packets which are 1 - ~20? I believe. His explanations are semi decent I would for sure supplement with Manhattan Prep forum if you really don’t understand. If you’re saving these tests for PT I wouldn’t recommend it then, but I’ve already done most tests, though I don’t really remember these problems - only a few and it’s still helpful to break it down and see patterns by question type.

Also same for me with not doing a PT if I feel drained + doing better with extra time to crack tricks questios. I’m also still waiting on a copy of the Manhattan LR book from a friend but you fine folks give it some good reviews so the wait is worth it.

Nice! When did the fox book come out? This thread is the first time I have heard of it.. You will love the mH LR book. I did the Bibles first take and then the Trainer + MH Books 2nd take and the latter is organized in a much more intuitive way and not as gimmicky.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 pm

chewinggum wrote:For example. I went on a date with someone who was new to the city and he tried to "introduce" me to &pizza. Like LOL I laughed to the point that it was probably a little rude. As I write this it's still so funny

Me when I meet someone from outside NYC and they presume to have discovered so many cool things and im always like "meh ive lived here my whole life i dont see the big deal tbh"

Bartlet4President

New

Postby Bartlet4President » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Mikey wrote:when you review your PT and start to wonder how you didn't understand all of this shit the first time around :lol: :lol:

#fuckingidiot

PT 74...missed LR q and they were both flaws. Thinking, “ I’m getting worse.”

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:I noticed u made a post about drilling question types by difficulty. Where did u get a list broken down by this?

I have a Cambridge LR by type book that I got before they stop selling them. If you go on 7sage's question bank though you can split stuff into question types and it tells you what PTs, section, and # u can find them in.

thx

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:41 am

*insert post to push thread page count to 180*

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ira Hayes

New

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:49 am

Took PT75 and got a 175. I am still shellshocked from my actual score, but I guess you just have to keep plugging along.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 am

Ira Hayes wrote:Took PT75 and got a 175. I am still shellshocked from my actual score, but I guess you just have to keep plugging along.

did you think game 4's language was dumb af and ambiguous?

I was thinking this during the PT and when I went on 7sage, everyone in that game's comments were saying the same thing..

Ira Hayes

New

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 am

Mikey wrote:
Ira Hayes wrote:Took PT75 and got a 175. I am still shellshocked from my actual score, but I guess you just have to keep plugging along.

I was thinking this during the PT and when I went on 7sage, everyone in that game's comments were saying the same thing..

It was one if the easier 70s weird games imo, but I got done with 3 pretty quick so I just had to triple read G4 and carefully diagram. Still 0 clue how to do 79s G4.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

Ira Hayes wrote:
Mikey wrote:

It was one if the easier 70s weird games imo, but I got done with 3 pretty quick so I just had to triple read G4 and carefully diagram. Still 0 clue how to do 79s G4.

bruh, why do people keep saying they can't figure out 79's virus game O_O I found that game ridiculously easy.. :(

but game 4 from 75 tripped me up in the stimulus itself, the rules seemed straight forward but what had me feeling stupid was "at least three features". I didn't know if this meant at least 3 of the 4 features must show up or if you just need any of the features (even repeatable ones) to show up for at least a 3 count. It took me a while to figure it out but I still think they really could have worded that better...

Ira Hayes

New

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:10 am

Mikey wrote:
Ira Hayes wrote:
Mikey wrote:

bruh, why do people keep saying they can't figure out 79's virus game O_O I found that game ridiculously easy.. :(

but game 4 from 75 tripped me up in the stimulus itself, the rules seemed straight forward but what had me feeling stupid was "at least three features". I didn't know if this meant at least 3 of the 4 features must show up or if you just need any of the features (even repeatable ones) to show up for at least a 3 count. It took me a while to figure it out but I still think they really could have worded that better...

I guess I'll have to watch 7sage when I retttake it. I find that game to be one of the worst.

It is confusing as hell, but in one of the 7sage videos, JY says something along the lines of "They're trying to fuck with you" and I think he's right. Problem is I don't know how to translate that over to LR since that's what murdered me in September

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 am

littlewing67 wrote:
greatspirit wrote:*insert post to push thread page count to 180*

I’m down...maybe we can discuss new poll ideas ??? This thread needs to stop being so dead :lol:

Yea... Still waiting on other poll ideas...

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 am

Experiment626 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

I’m down...maybe we can discuss new poll ideas ??? This thread needs to stop being so dead :lol:

fav alcohol

edit: littlewing hits me as a vodka kinda person :mrgreen:

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 am

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

fav alcohol

Done

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 am

littlewing67 wrote:
If I'm buying a bottle it's usually Bacardi or Svedka, so you're close 8)

I had moonshine once and I ate a cherry they had sitting in it. RIP2ME

You know what I can't stand? hennessy... I know so many people who like it but I think it tastes like shit.. I used to drink it years ago (wink) with Red Bull but only because it was what my friends would get. Always thought it was shitty though

Bacardi is good. I have also had Bacardi dragonberry with sprite and if you want a drink that takes like skittles then have that lmao. although if you don't like drinks being too sweet, like me, maybe just 1 of those will suffice because that shit is VERY sweet but not bad to try!

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 am

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:fav alcohol

FALLLSEEE: Lilwing exclusively does pickleback (sp?) shots!!!

MindyKale

New

Postby MindyKale » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Timed PT..

HI GUYS,
so I took my first timed PT this week. Would a ten point increase be possible in the month time I have...?
What happened with my test was initially I was thrown off by games. All the games. Couldn’t even move past. So I tried each of them..skipping questions..took two minutes off to breathe and refocus and then it was much easier. Did this happen to any of you?? Maybe it was just a mental fatigue thing. How do you combat mental fatigue..while I am taking PT I write on my test as to at which point I am losing my concentration.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Wait. Is "yes" actually an alcohol or is it an option for people who don't drink alcohol? Also, why isn't eggnog on this list? 3:

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm

saffles wrote:Wait. Is "yes" actually an alcohol or is it an option for people who don't drink alcohol? Also, why isn't eggnog on this list? 3:

Poll reset because topic clarity and I forgot about those that don't drink. Only 10 options allowed for a poll.

Yes means whatever you want it to mean, Yes to all, Yes to more than one, YES ALCOHOL.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 pm

MindyKale wrote:Timed PT..

HI GUYS,
so I took my first timed PT this week. Would a ten point increase be possible in the month time I have...?
What happened with my test was initially I was thrown off by games. All the games. Couldn’t even move past. So I tried each of them..skipping questions..took two minutes off to breathe and refocus and then it was much easier. Did this happen to any of you?? Maybe it was just a mental fatigue thing. How do you combat mental fatigue..while I am taking PT I write on my test as to at which point I am losing my concentration.

Without knowing your score or breakdown it's hard to say. 140 to 150 sure. 150 to 160 possibly, 160 to 170 low probability.

It also depends where errors are. If you're solid in LR and RC and your only flaw is LG then yea, getting to -0 in LG is possible in a month.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:29 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

fav alcohol

Costco french vodka FTW!

Now if we're talking whiskey, Ardberg 10 year because SMOKEY WHISKEY IS BAE

MercW07

Bronze

Postby MercW07 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:44 pm

I have a feeling Ill be one of very few beer votes for this poll...

Anyway, just finished PT62 and scored 168 which is my highest score to date. Last week was terrible for me with regards to studying and well life in general so I took a few days off. Did some drilling yesterday and felt alright so I thought I would do a PT. I was actually scared going into it because I really felt like a bad score could have had a prolonged effect but Im pretty damn happy. RC killed me but at this point I am just ignoring RC and trying to perfect LG/LR.
Breakdown
RC: -7
LR1: -3
LG: -3
LR2: -4
85/102=168
Thank you generous curve :D

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?