The Official December 2017 Study Group

About Us- Age

18-21
4
11%
22-25
23
66%
26-29
6
17%
30-35
2
6%
36-40
0
No votes
40+
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 35

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Bartlet4President » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 am

Experiment626 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:Hey everyone,

I just posted in the Sept waiters thread because it's more active (and I'm waiting for my Sept score) but figured I should post here as well. I am just wondering how people drill LR question types in an efficient manner. I want to drill flaw questions and parallel reasoning questions but don't know a better way to do it other than printing finding pages in tests with those question types and printing those off, ignoring the other LR questions on those pages. However, that would waste a lot of time and ink, so I am trying to think of a better method.

It's a lot easier to drill game types and RC passage types since they span over 1 or 2 pages, but since LR questions are sort of strewn all over the place in sections seems pretty difficult to drill them by type.

Anyone who doesn't pay for 7sage have any idea how to do this?

Thanks for any responses anyone can give!


If you're lucky and are able to find the Cambridge packets that's usually the golden way to go. If you've got the money, PowerScore has a workbook with questions by type. They are from tests so you do risk seeing questions on a test. I don't remember which tests they're from. You might be able to see that information online and plan your actual PTs around that depending on how many you want to do.




They are from the 29-38 book mostly. I think there is some truth to that.

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:16 pm

PT 1

RC -4 (BR-1)
LG -0 (BR -0)
LR -5 (BR -2)
LR -1 (BR -1)
-10 (BR -4)
----------------
173 (BR 179)

*some material in test wasn't new to me
Cool circle game, but I didn't use a circle board. Just did a linear one and kept circular nature in mind.
RC was tough, and I like doing older RC because I find it to be similar to modern day RC.
No experimental because it was first day back.

I plan on BRing until I'm sure I got a 180. Doing PT then next day intense BR to understand every question + drill points of issue.

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby MercW07 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 pm

When you guys drill LR in between PTs how many questions do you usually do/how much time do you spend drilling?

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 pm

MercW07 wrote:When you guys drill LR in between PTs how many questions do you usually do/how much time do you spend drilling?


I drill a section with a timer first then BR it untimed. But I may be at a different point in my progress than you since I sat for June.

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby MercW07 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:When you guys drill LR in between PTs how many questions do you usually do/how much time do you spend drilling?


I drill a section with a timer first then BR it untimed. But I may be at a different point in my progress than you since I sat for June.


Do you just pick a random section that you've already completed?

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:When you guys drill LR in between PTs how many questions do you usually do/how much time do you spend drilling?


I drill a section with a timer first then BR it untimed. But I may be at a different point in my progress than you since I sat for June.


Do you just pick a random section that you've already completed?


No, I have pretty much every published test and there's no way I'll get through all of them from PTing so I just divided them into groups. Tests I'll drill with and Tests I'll use for full simulated PTs.

User avatar
PhiladelphiaCollins
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Put up a 174 today on PT56, my highest score ever which felt pretty good. Hoping I can keep this up when I move back into the high 60s-80s, but still, good progress I figure after the 156 in June.

Also simultaneously working on apps due November 1st (I'm a Canadian) which is a huge bitch, so BR can be a pain in the ass.

User avatar
Saylor1720
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Saylor1720 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I signed up for December. I didn't wait because my center was filling up. If my score is a 166+ then I won't sit for December. Anything under, I'll be there. I'm not very confident, even though I averaged a 170.8 on my last 5 tests before September. I just didn't feel great that day, and feel worse about it now.

If I didn't hit my target, I will be doing about 6 weeks of prep. Monday: RC Tuesday: LR/LG Wednesday: Prep Test Thursday: Review Fri/Sat/Sun: off.

I'm hoping I retained most of what I've done already. RC being my worst section, I'd like to push out some more points.

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Bartlet4President » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:48 am

This seems like the most dead pre test forum. Does December usually have lower numbers on test day?

kiklavan
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby kiklavan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 am

That will probably change Oct. 12th lol
Bartlet4President wrote:This seems like the most dead pre test forum. Does December usually have lower numbers on test day?

User avatar
greatspirit
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby greatspirit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 am

Any tips on Pattern logic games? I've found the LG Bible's explanations to be a bit...lacking.

User avatar
Bartlet4President
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Bartlet4President » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 am

greatspirit wrote:Any tips on Pattern logic games? I've found the LG Bible's explanations to be a bit...lacking.



The Bible is soooo 2012.

Just use 7sage free explanations

User avatar
GnarMarBinx
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby GnarMarBinx » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:
greatspirit wrote:Any tips on Pattern logic games? I've found the LG Bible's explanations to be a bit...lacking.



The Bible is soooo 2012.

Just use 7sage free explanations


I agree. The bibles are good, but not nearly as intuitive as JY's style. To add to this point, look up the specific pattern games that are in the LG bible on 7sage and check out JY's explanations for them.

King of the North
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby King of the North » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm

First time taking a PT (not counting my diagnostic months ago). 156 :/ but I messed up and flustered myself. I tossed out a section I thought was the experimental and blah blah. But BR was a 167. Every section I went -3 but LG I went -6. The bad news is, I went -6. The good news is, it's LG and I know I can significantly improve on it in the next two months. And I think this test being my first full PT also overwhelmed me a bit. I hope so. Really aiming for higher 160s on test day.

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 pm

kiklavan wrote:That will probably change Oct. 12th lol
Bartlet4President wrote:This seems like the most dead pre test forum. Does December usually have lower numbers on test day?


+1. I bet this thread doubles in active users after scores get released, lol.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

twiix wrote:
kiklavan wrote:That will probably change Oct. 12th lol
Bartlet4President wrote:This seems like the most dead pre test forum. Does December usually have lower numbers on test day?


+1. I bet this thread doubles in active users after scores get released, lol.



September was just an overachiever group with their page count. I'm sure we'll get more as scores get released. As long as we get to 180 pages by test day because the June group didn't and look how well that turned out for a lot of us...

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby MercW07 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
twiix wrote:
kiklavan wrote:That will probably change Oct. 12th lol
Bartlet4President wrote:This seems like the most dead pre test forum. Does December usually have lower numbers on test day?


+1. I bet this thread doubles in active users after scores get released, lol.



September was just an overachiever group with their page count. I'm sure we'll get more as scores get released. As long as we get to 180 pages by test day because the June group didn't and look how well that turned out for a lot of us...


Will it even be possible to get to 180 by December 2nd? We'd need to average nearly 3 pages per day between now and then.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:33 pm

honestly, September was pretty dead as well. The reason for the bulk of this yr's sept thread was just a bunch of close people from last JUne & Sept who used it as a place to hang out.. Later of course, it was predominantly a Sept Studies thread, but i wouldnt say that the page count accurately reflects the activity of those folks. This thread will pick up though, regardless, after scores are released from Sept.

On a related note, I have continued studying after Sept just in case.. hopefully i dont have to take Dec but preparing to just in case. Prepared for the worst, but praying for the best

User avatar
clueless801
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby clueless801 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Less than 9 weeks let's get thissss :!: :!: :!: :!:


What the fuck - is it actually 9 weeks. Wait it’s also October 2nd. Jfc I’m not ready.

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:13 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of the North
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby King of the North » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:23 pm

It's crunch time.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7309
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Less than 9 weeks let's get thissss :!: :!: :!: :!:


What the fuck - is it actually 9 weeks. Wait it’s also October 2nd. Jfc I’m not ready.


yes friend, it's ok though we still have plenty of time to make gains <3

is it possible to make a significant gain from a 120 to a 180 in this time frame? if so, I'm good

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
September was just an overachiever group with their page count. I'm sure we'll get more as scores get released. As long as we get to 180 pages by test day because the June group didn't and look how well that turned out for a lot of us...


Will it even be possible to get to 180 by December 2nd? We'd need to average nearly 3 pages per day between now and then.


Shitpost moar!

King of the North
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby King of the North » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Quick! Everyone find the shittiest essay from their UG years and post it. The person with the shittiest essay gets an automatic 180.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests