The Official December 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
11%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
11%
171-172
11%
172-174
8%
7%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 114

Silver

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Can someone explain 79.2.4 (muscle memory passage) to me? I went with B b/c it didn't seem like too far of a jump to infer about muscle memory based on biological reasons, and I thought "probably not aware" was a bit too strong to make C the right choice.

saffles

Bronze

Postby saffles » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

What are your guy’s plans for the Friday before test day? Not sure if I should spend the whole playing Fallout 4, or if I should cram...

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 pm

saffles wrote:What are your guy’s plans for the Friday before test day? Not sure if I should spend the whole playing Fallout 4, or if I should cram...

I don't think cramming is something you do for a test like this. What you know is what you know, just chill out on Friday. Honestly I'm prob gonna not do shit Thursday and Friday. Gonna just go over RC and 1 LR from pt76 I did yesterday and then that's it for me!

I never finished fallout 4 in trash at that haha

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 pm

ya I always did like one section of each the day before my takes and then chilled

last PT two days before

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
damask_rain wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:Despite this being a long and grinding 6 month journey and a rough Sept sitting, i cant believe dec is already here. Time flies when you are lost in LSAT...

Make it 9 months for me...

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I'm done with this. Apps are going in the next week... Maybe I'll just continue to study and keep taking it until the fall just to see how high I can get... LMAO.

I thought I was the only person on that level. I feel like there's going to be such a big empty hole in my heart after Saturday. A month ago, I was half-jokingly telling myself that I'll continue studying for the LSAT to see how high I can go just for fun even if I don't need to retake. Hahaha
Experiment626 wrote:Make it 9 months for me...

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I'm done with this. Apps are going in the next week... Maybe I'll just continue to study and keep taking it until the fall just to see how high I can get... LMAO.

Uh no. Go get a drink or multiple drinks or smoke some joints and not think about the LSAT.

Lol, if i get 170 I might just start trying to teach/tutor through the local course I took to make some spare money towards tuition. If I don't get a 170, well then I need to retake to get it...

Ive been on the journey since Summer 2016 but that was part-time for 3 mo and then Ive been studying full time since the end of may (6mo) so i feel it. Same though, at this poiint ive become so used it i enjoy it in a weird way and am up for the challenge. I want to break 170 so bad and yea i wouldnt mind tutoring part time (if i have time) honestly.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:46 pm

somethingElse wrote:ya I always did like one section of each the day before my takes and then chilled

last PT two days before

this is pretty much my plan. gonna chill out have a cigar and relax...

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
somethingElse wrote:ya I always did like one section of each the day before my takes and then chilled

last PT two days before

this is pretty much my plan

you're gonna win

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

somethingElse wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:

last PT two days before

this is pretty much my plan

you're gonna win

Im feeling it!

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

also guaranteed 180 if you listen to paramore (first three albums only, i.e. before they sold out) right before the test

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 pm

ok last one from me for the night: finished reviewing and i made a lot a lot of stupid mistakes - moreso for LR bc I think the RC was a lot of bs. Tips on preventing stupid mistakes? Like there are 2/3 questions I can read over and over again and just not understand and I'm more than okay with losing the points on them. What pisses me off though is the 3/4 questions where I might've had the right thinking or approach and what not, but somehow overlook the right AC and try to justify a wrong AC.

I'm drilling LR tomorrow I think b/c this is kind of where it seems there are points to be had. I managed to get it down to -4/-4 in drilling yesterday, so hoping I can bring it down to -2/-2.

I'm just hoping I can keep my head straight for Saturday, a relatively moderate RC with moderate questions, and games where I don't freeze up. that's it. That's all I want. pls.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Can't wait for the waiter's thread 8)

Margs on the house again !?

I'm such an inattentive poster now that I have no OP role.

But hell yes!!!

vikingrunner

New

Postby vikingrunner » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 pm

PT 81

RC: -9
LR1: -6
LR2: -0
LG: -1

Total: 85/101, 165

First perfect timed LR section. RC was brutal...after reading the 2nd passage I just stopped and thought "...wtf". I felt like I had to read the whole thing again. Missed 3 on that passage and 4 on the last one because I felt rushed. I randomly underlined stuff I thought was important as I was reading last night when I got -3 so I think I'll do that on the test..won't hurt. Probably drilling/reviewing more RC tomorrow, one more PT on Thurs with an exp section, then I think I'll do some casual LG drilling on Friday at work to build confidence (and to make sure I get -0). Since I'm not bound (or even all that interested, really...call me unambitious) to t14, I should be okay unless I bomb and score significantly worse than literally any test I have taken (including my diagnostic).

kobesmith

New

Postby kobesmith » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:41 pm

LieutenantElmo wrote:Just finished PT82 with:

LR.1= -7
LG= -7
RC= -4
LR.2= -3

....163...from an average of 169....At least my RC improved :oops:

someone help lol

I guess you really need improve your LG. That LG is very easy. Besides, LG is the easiest to improve in a short time. How about reading the bible or Manhattan LG stuff if you have time?

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:44 pm

somethingElse wrote:also guaranteed 180 if you listen to paramore (first three albums only, i.e. before they sold out) right before the test

I don't know if there was ever a time Paramore wasn't "sold out"... They were brought up under a major label basically from inception

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:50 pm

somethingElse wrote:also guaranteed 180 if you listen to paramore (first three albums only, i.e. before they sold out) right before the test

DONT WANNA HEAR YOUR SAD SONGS, I DONT WANNA FEEL YOUR PAIN. WHEN YOU SWEAR ITS ALL MY FAULT CAUSE YOU KNOW WE'RE NOT THE SAME

LieutenantElmo

New

Postby LieutenantElmo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 pm

kobesmith wrote:

LR.1= -7
LG= -7
RC= -4
LR.2= -3

someone help lol

I guess you really need improve your LG. That LG is very easy. Besides, LG is the easiest to improve in a short time. How about reading the bible or Manhattan LG stuff if you have time?

I don't know what happened on game 1 (I'm embarrassed to say that phrase), but I somehow missed -4 on the first game. Went back, it was too easy. Alot of the LR missed were just misreadings, etc. I am going to blame it on sickness xD

LieutenantElmo

New

Postby LieutenantElmo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:ok last one from me for the night: finished reviewing and i made a lot a lot of stupid mistakes - moreso for LR bc I think the RC was a lot of bs. Tips on preventing stupid mistakes? Like there are 2/3 questions I can read over and over again and just not understand and I'm more than okay with losing the points on them. What pisses me off though is the 3/4 questions where I might've had the right thinking or approach and what not, but somehow overlook the right AC and try to justify a wrong AC.

I'm drilling LR tomorrow I think b/c this is kind of where it seems there are points to be had. I managed to get it down to -4/-4 in drilling yesterday, so hoping I can bring it down to -2/-2.

I'm just hoping I can keep my head straight for Saturday, a relatively moderate RC with moderate questions, and games where I don't freeze up. that's it. That's all I want. pls.

LSAT Gods, we only ask for moderate RC and hot games!

LieutenantElmo

New

Postby LieutenantElmo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm

I see some people are saying chill out before test day, im wondering: Sept. retakers, what advice do you have for the day before?

New

Postby 239840 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:ok last one from me for the night: finished reviewing and i made a lot a lot of stupid mistakes - moreso for LR bc I think the RC was a lot of bs. Tips on preventing stupid mistakes? Like there are 2/3 questions I can read over and over again and just not understand and I'm more than okay with losing the points on them. What pisses me off though is the 3/4 questions where I might've had the right thinking or approach and what not, but somehow overlook the right AC and try to justify a wrong AC.

Mike Kim gives some good advice on this I think: namely, never answer LR questions in a vacuum. If you ignore the other ACs and focus solely on one, you may convince yourself it's right, but there may be a better answer (granted, it seems like it's mostly in the last 5-10 questions where they have a couple plausible-seeming answers). And there are two ways to the right answer choice: you can get there by eliminating the wrong answers, and by identifying the right one.

kobesmith

New

Postby kobesmith » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 pm

LieutenantElmo wrote:
kobesmith wrote:

LR.1= -7
LG= -7
RC= -4
LR.2= -3

someone help lol

I don't know what happened on game 1 (I'm embarrassed to say that phrase), but I somehow missed -4 on the first game. Went back, it was too easy. Alot of the LR missed were just misreadings, etc. I am going to blame it on sickness xD

I used to make simple mistakes on LG, too. Then, instead of blaming myself for being careless, I tried to categorize my mistakes. 1) I just scrabbled a lot and sometimes forgot one of the rules. 2) I misread some rules. 3) I overlooked essential background info. So I forced myself to improve on these things. How about trying to categorize your mistakes so that you can make some plans accordingly?

Of course, sometime I felt distracted or tired and messed up in LG.

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:20 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:

I don't know if there was ever a time Paramore wasn't "sold out"... They were brought up under a major label basically from inception

well before they went super poppy

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Mikey wrote:

DONT WANNA HEAR YOUR SAD SONGS, I DONT WANNA FEEL YOUR PAIN. WHEN YOU SWEAR ITS ALL MY FAULT CAUSE YOU KNOW WE'RE NOT THE SAME

180 for you

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 pm

POLL IDEA: would you rather have 4 Eileen Gray-esque passages or 4 virus/work piece games in a row?

somethingElse

Gold

Postby somethingElse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 pm

urmlaw17

Bronze

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Ugh it's 6:30 and I need to take a 4 section PT :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?