The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
3
4%
160-163
6
8%
164-167
18
23%
167-169
13
17%
170
9
12%
171-172
9
12%
172-174
6
8%
175
6
8%
176-179
3
4%
180
4
5%
 
Total votes: 77

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby urmlaw17 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Mikey wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


Youre a beast on LR.

Can you tutor me?

I suck at this test tho. All I did was watch 7sage videos and do all of the LR from PT 21-40 in the Cambridge bundle like 3 times lmao. I slip up sometimes though and do really bad. You have a 169 though, I fucking WISH I had that!!



Yeah but I don't get 0,-1 on my LRs!

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby urmlaw17 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Chaimthegreat wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Ended up having to take a day off today. Really hate to take a day off this close to the test day, but sometimes you have to just listen to your body.


Recharging is part of the process! Studying won't help at all if you burn out right before the test.

I need a vacation from work.

Tavorak
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Tavorak » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby MercW07 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Wrote PT72 this morning. 167 because of the fucking work pieces. Went RC: -5 LR1: -4 LR2: -5 LG: -3.

I hate how I can think I bombed PT71 and get a 166 and then think I sniped today's test and get literally one score higher.


If it makes you feel any better, I took 72 the other day and found it quite difficult in general. For me it was just one of those tests that seemed to really hit on my weak spots harder than other tests.

User avatar
Chaimthegreat
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Chaimthegreat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:
Chaimthegreat wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Ended up having to take a day off today. Really hate to take a day off this close to the test day, but sometimes you have to just listen to your body.


Recharging is part of the process! Studying won't help at all if you burn out right before the test.

I need a vacation from work.

If that's a genuine comment then I'll say I hear ya.
If you're being sarcastic: if you had a big presentation for work I'd tell you to take an hour the day before to recharge and de-stress. No need to be flip.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
peege wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Just got wrecked by game 4 from PT 72. I hate miscellaneous games.


I made a hypothetical game board for that one and it was so much easier. When in doubt just fill in the slots


That's pretty much how the misc games go. Put the information you have in a way you think will work for you to solve the questions and GO. Don't HERP DE DERP and burn time.


Yep totally blew through it once I started messing with game boards. My problem was I had no idea where to begin. I had to read the whole thing about 5 times before I got a basic understanding of what was going on. That paralytic feeling you get when you first see a weird game and have no idea how to proceed is terrible.


The worst feeling! and I have this PT still and think ill take it thurs and give it a go


Good luck with it! It really is not that bad if you don't freeze. Just keep thinking that to yourself.


Thanks! I have been finishing LG with ~10-12 min left per section going -0 with no real ball-buster of a game, so im banking on that extra time to just sort it out. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:Good luck with it! It really is not that bad if you don't freeze. Just keep thinking that to yourself.


Thanks! I have been finishing LG with ~10-12 min left per section going -0 with no real ball-buster of a game, so im banking on that extra time to just sort it out. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.


That's pretty much how you should go. Kill on the easy 3 in whatever order they're in so that you have as much time as possible on the hard one.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Experiment626 wrote:PT 75

LR -4
RC -4
LG -2 (ERG) I think it was because I was on the mental struggle bus and ran out of time for two questions on the last game. I'm going to redo it solo tomorrow.

170

I need tests with higher curves to 170. I'm sticking to my average 10-12 wrong per test...


Redid the games section with time. -0 That feels better. But now I'm pissed I should have had a 172...

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 am

Mikey wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.

What advice would u give for RC and LR :(

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 am

PrezRand wrote:What advice would u give for RC and LR :(

For RC, none. It's my worst section and I have no advice at all lol. Just maybe that it's ok to be uncertain about answers if you POE bc chances are you may get them right anyways.

LR is too broad, is there a Q type that screws you the most?

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:07 am

PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.

What advice would u give for RC and LR :(


Awesome Mikey! Thats your new record right?! Man if i could just get to that LR consistency lol.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.

What advice would u give for RC and LR :(


Awesome Mikey! Thats your new record right?! Man if i could just get to that LR consistency lol.

Yeah! Was a retake though lol. I only remembered like 3 of the LR questions and the topic of the 4th passage. The rest I had no clue.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am

Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.

What advice would u give for RC and LR :(


Awesome Mikey! Thats your new record right?! Man if i could just get to that LR consistency lol.

Yeah! Was a retake though lol. I only remembered like 3 of the LR questions and the topic of the 4th passage. The rest I had no clue.


Retake or not you still crushed that!

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Retake or not you still crushed that!

thanks lol. now lets see if we can crush it on December 2nd!

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:31 am

Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Retake or not you still crushed that!

thanks lol. now lets see if we can crush it on December 2nd!


We are going to brotha! No doubt in my mind

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby urmlaw17 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Mikey wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
Mikey wrote:Did PT 71 today, it was a retake from a few months ago though. didn't remember LG, some LR questions were familiar and of course I remember the mirrors passage because fuck that passage.

174

LR: -0/-1
LG: -2
RC: -6

-9 for a 174 is crazy, that curve tho lmaoo


What's your strategy for LR? Specifically, in the last 10 of a section. I tend to miss 3 or 4 toward the end but there is no specific question type.

I just go through them, I usually have between 5-10 mins left at the end and I go back to any questions I circled. As I move through the section though, any questions I feel ehh about, I just skip them and after about 4 or 5 Q's I go back to it. But any other ones I was iffy on but still answered I go back to at the end.


Wow youre fast! 5-10 minutes left at the end?

beancounter15
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby beancounter15 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Anyone have pdf's of lg that they would be willing to share? Trying to work through a bunch of games but my PT's are all marked up. Not trying to buy a bunch of Pt's just for the games and already did the powerscore bible.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7551
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:42 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:Wow youre fast! 5-10 minutes left at the end?

Yeah, but that is the good thing about skipping and not getting caught up on harder questions for like 3 mins each! There are times however, where I'm only about 2 mins away from time being called, those are usually LR sections that I'm just not feeling it that day and am not confident or focused though, ya know? I usually bomb those sections too.

MindyKale
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby MindyKale » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:01 pm

So for the past few PTs I've been doing. I am always producing the same pattern/slump. I usually have -3/-4 per section and each error comes from one part. i.e. I get one question wrong per game and one question wrong per passage if it is RC. LR I usually have -3/-4 between questions 13-22.
This is mostly the pattern. I am unsure how to improve because I am not getting specific question types wrong.
When I BR, I recover in the games and end up from -4 to -2 in passages and LR.

Have any of you faced this? I am really unsure how to diagnose this and proceed further.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby urmlaw17 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Just did PT. 71 over the past 2-3 days. I got a 169 -_-


LG: -5, I read a rule wrong and messed me up. I ran out of time :(
LR1: -4
LR2: -2
RC: -5 I only got one wrong on the Mirrors passage, the other 4 wrongs were spread out.

I could have scored a 173 if I didnt read the LG rule wrong -_-

User avatar
AvatarRoku
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:38 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby AvatarRoku » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm

LSAC updated their projected email score release date from 01/04/2018 to 01/03/2018, so yeah just thought I'd share.

I'm wondering if they did this because they normally release their scores a day early and they just wanted wanted their projected score release date to be accurate.

beancounter15
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby beancounter15 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Or they want an excuse to release them 2 days early on New Years day and help us all start off on the right (or horribly wrong) foot.

User avatar
greatspirit
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby greatspirit » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:20 pm

We ain't getting to 180 :/

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:23 pm

AvatarRoku wrote:LSAC updated their projected email score release date from 01/04/2018 to 01/03/2018, so yeah just thought I'd share.

I'm wondering if they did this because they normally release their scores a day early and they just wanted wanted their projected score release date to be accurate.


I don't know who you are but I think we should be best friends.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cwoodards, cyray7 and 3 guests