The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Tried to go to the library today to PT and it turns out it wasn’t open till 1. Wtf! Ended up taking PT 78 at home and got a 167. A -10 curve on that test is cruel, RC 2&3 are on the harder side of things and that games section was sneaky tough.
Lol the fuck was up with the clay coins and symbols and tablets it was a mess
Lmao I took it 2 hours ago and all I can remember is Juju Smith-Shuster found a bunch of shitty clay objects and made up a whack theory about it

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thats beast man! Good work. Yeah people always say that retakes inflate your grades But i think its actually the opposite i.e your bold type. When i redo a PT i dont remember the answer but I remember the question topic and especially when its one like cholesterol lvls or another aggressively reoccurring topic it fucks with my mind and I try to prephase the right answer but really am just overthinking it and underconfident.

e: the only way i see it being easier unless you remember answers explicitly is if there is a really tough game or passage you will be expecting it already so the shock value isnt extreme.

Well, there was the fact that I knew what I did wrong in RC on test day, I skipped the third passage to do the 4th because it had more questions and ended up not having enough time for it, 5 min warning when I started reading... This time around I made sure I did the passages in order which helped with the boost. I'm really not sure if I should just always save the comp passage one for last or do in order presented since they're usually easiest to hardest.
Yeah I can relate to that. Same for the Laquer passage from PT79 (my first take). I usually just stay in the order presented unless i start reading one and for whatever reason im like wtf did i just read.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Just retook PT 78 (retake). 172. I'm getting hella lazy/bored on this test and I have little new material left. Taking a brand new test this Saturday to simulate real conditions. Let's get this over and done with already :roll:
Almost there! I am glad I took off this weekend and had some fun. Definitely hedged burnout and recharged me. I was feeling like this last week.
This is why I waited so long before getting back into it for December. I'm out of new material completely and I swear I've only got another one or two full tests in me before I hit my absolute limit. One yesterday to make sure I'm not completely out of form, maybe one next Sunday, and then game day. I almost didn't take any PTs going in because the last time I took such a long break I was in peak form right out of the gate and then slowly regressed. I just didn't feel comfortable doing NOTHING though. Nerves got me in June, overconfidence got me in September, that leaves just the third bear for December.
How long of a break have u taken since Sept? Like u haven’t touched anything since the test? Good luck! I feel the same way that I’m burning out so I’ve been taking it easy. I enjoy doing new material more and find doing older stuff to be boring. I actually look forward to doing the new PT I have for Saturday lol.
Outside of looking over the questions I missed from September I haven't so much as thought about an LSAT question since. I just didn't have the motivation anymore. September was incredibly deflating. I would kill for some new material. I love a fresh LG section. I'm sure we're all going to get the new material of our dreams in December ;-P

lemon_lyman

New

Post by lemon_lyman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm

ok, anyone stressed af now ??! :(

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

PT C
LG (-1)
LR1 (0)
LR2 (-4)
RC (-2)
----------
176 ?? (-7)

I haven't seen or done questions from this PT before so this makes me feel really good, but also it's still a (-7). That LR2 had like 2 1 star-questions :oops:

It's hard not to get excited but ya'll know how I LOVE to choke on test day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm

lemon_lyman wrote:ok, anyone stressed af now ??! :(
Been stressed for 21 years.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Just took my first PT since the september LSAT and it's not an amazing score especially since there's more than quite a few fuckups since i'm super rusty with LG and RC, but otherwise made some solid gains on LR which I'm so psyched about!

PT71 - 165 (169)
LR1 -4
LG -3 (I'm annoyed that I got too lazy to review it during blind review sigh)
LR2 -9 (-3 - i couldn't get a t-swift [uhm so like this autocorrected to something else when i wrote out her full name wtF??] song out of my head so i didnt even finish 5 questions on this one!!)
RC -6 (-5)

My plan for the next couple of days is to PT every other day, so I'd get about 6 done in total before the exam. On off-PT days I'm going to be drilling and heavily reviewing LR and RC. I'm definitely going to be reviewing some LG though I'm leaving that till this Thursday and Friday. The library I study at is going to be closed then so LG is something I can do at my noisy house or the neighborhood cafe. Sucks to be skipping T-giving but I'd rather use the time to study.
Last edited by AvatarMeelo on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:22 pm

idk why Barry law felt the need to send me TWO of the same fucking things in the mail at the same time.

just more paper I need to rip up, fucking TTTTTTTTThanks :roll: :roll: :roll:

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Mikey wrote:idk why Barry law felt the need to send me TWO of the same fucking things in the mail at the same time.

They knew you'd rip up the first immediately. The second one got them into your head :-p

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Mikey wrote:idk why Barry law felt the need to send me TWO of the same fucking things in the mail at the same time.

I don't know why any law school feels the need to send me anything in the mail if it isn't an acceptance package... Although their emails also piss me off as well but I blame LSAC because they gave my info to these schools outside of the region I'm interested in...

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all two weeks. Then hopefully off to one of three specific places, preferably for free 8)

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Peaky Blinders Season 4 Epi 1 aired on BBC UK... it.was.SICK!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am

reviewing PT 77 and I missed a math LR question even in review lmao. ugh, why is there math on this shit mannnnnnnnnn, even if it is rare :roll:

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 am

Ive blocked Mitchell Hamline from emailing me about 5 times and yet they still find a way to flood my inbox. Its honestly kinda impressive at this point.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 am

MercW07 wrote:Ive blocked Mitchell Hamline from emailing me about 5 times and yet they still find a way to flood my inbox. Its honestly kinda impressive at this point.
Be all lawyery and see if they are violating the CAN-SPAM Act, then maybe we can get a class-action together

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:52 am

wtf even is game 3 from PT 77

I thought I actually kind of figured it out but going into the questions I just couldn't justify any answers so figured I didn't figure it out like I thought.

e: I hate how easy 7sage vids make it look after the fact. ugh, it always makes me feel like an idiot and unprepared for miscellaneous games

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Mikey wrote:wtf even is game 3 from PT 77

I thought I actually kind of figured it out but going into the questions I just couldn't justify any answers so figured I didn't figure it out like I thought.

e: I hate how easy 7sage vids make it look after the fact. ugh, it always makes me feel like an idiot and unprepared for miscellaneous games
That was legitimately the dumbest game ever created. I wasn’t a huge fan of that 7Sage explanation. I’m no LG wiz but I found it easier to just eyeball that game and make a couple of dedications/inferences rather than copy the game board over 21 Times.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
Mikey wrote:wtf even is game 3 from PT 77

That was legitimately the dumbest game ever created. I wasn’t a huge fan of that 7Sage explanation. I’m no LG wiz but I found it easier to just eyeball that game and make a couple of dedications/inferences rather than copy the game board over 21 Times.
I think the way he set up the game board with the circling and just copying the original preferences given was a good idea. my game board was like all weird and I couldn't figure out how to go about doing it because the rules were so vague and I couldn't figure out shit. my game board was like this:
[+] Spoiler
J _ _ _ _
L _ _ _ _
P _ _ _ _
T _ _ _ _
1 2 3 4
didn't know what to do although it felt somewhat right, but yeah his idea of circling seems a lot simpler but drawing so many game boards was meh

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Ive blocked Mitchell Hamline from emailing me about 5 times and yet they still find a way to flood my inbox. Its honestly kinda impressive at this point.
Be all lawyery and see if they are violating the CAN-SPAM Act, then maybe we can get a class-action together
Ahh the old you-can-spam act. Its pretty useless honestly

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Best methods/ways to improve timing on LR and RC?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:54 pm

PT 79
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

What the fuck was viruses honestly. I figured out that a circle would be best and still had absolutely no clue what to do. I'm obviously pleased with RC, but how could you even prepare for something like viruses. Ugh. Also missed some dumb questions on both LRs.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Ok the next PT in order for me to do would be 77, but Im only taking 2 more PTs before the actual test so should I skip ahead and do 81 and 82 or should I just keep going in order and do 77 and 78? Keeping in mind I am registered for Feb and may end up taking it if Dec doesn't go exactly to plan.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Some light reading for anyone who's taken PT81:
Ars Technica
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”