The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

blackmamba8

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 am

saffles wrote:For anyone who’s taken the real LSAT:

Is the setup such that for RC for example, the passage and its accompanying questions are on the two facing pages? Like, you don’t have to turn the page to refer between the questions and the passage? Same for LG. Do you have to flip the page or are all the questions for a game and the game itself on two adjacent pages? Sorry if my questions are confusing. I’m just trying to ask if the real LSAT has the same page setup as the LSAT official preptests do. Thank you!
The questions for a passage/game are on two adjacent pages. No flipping is needed. It's just like what you see on the official preptests.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 am

Is the setup such that for RC for example, the passage and its accompanying questions are on the two facing pages? Like, you don’t have to turn the page to refer between the questions and the passage? Same for LG. Do you have to flip the page or are all the questions for a game and the game itself on two adjacent pages? Sorry if my questions are confusing. I’m just trying to ask if the real LSAT has the same page setup as the LSAT official preptests do. Thank you!
Yup, it’s exactly the same as PTs. Passage/Rules on one side, and then questions spread over the two facing pages.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am

each passage and each game has 2 pages for them visible at the same time.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 am

Yes, the book is setup so that you don't have to flip pages between relevant RC passage or LG setup. Each one spans two pages side by side.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 am

Experiment626 wrote:
Results are:
RC -3
LR -1
LG -0

BR
RC -0
LR -1
LG -0

Holy shit.... While I remembered like 3 answers across this test, I think I just got my revenge from it owning me for June... It actually felt a lot harder the second time around because I remembered question topics which made me want to not read as carefully so I had to force myself to read things again a lot. Kelly Clarkson and positive anthem reinforcement pressure management technique in between each section gets all the credit. I guess the final equalizer is when I take September 2017 next week...
damn good shit

I reviewed that PT's RC yesterday and realized my -7 was actually a -4 because I mis-bubbled 3 things into the 7sage analytics LMAO

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Results are:
RC -3
LR -1
LG -0

BR
RC -0
LR -1
LG -0

Holy shit.... While I remembered like 3 answers across this test, I think I just got my revenge from it owning me for June... It actually felt a lot harder the second time around because I remembered question topics which made me want to not read as carefully so I had to force myself to read things again a lot. Kelly Clarkson and positive anthem reinforcement pressure management technique in between each section gets all the credit. I guess the final equalizer is when I take September 2017 next week...
damn good shit

I reviewed that PT's RC yesterday and realized my -7 was actually a -4 because I mis-bubbled 3 things into the 7sage analytics LMAO
oops. Entering the right answer into the grader is critical Mikey.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Results are:
RC -3
LR -1
LG -0

BR
RC -0
LR -1
LG -0

damn good shit

also on the topic of this PT. I think both the orangutan and isotopes questions both really test your ability to focus on the 'is MOST supported' aspect of that Q type. I hate that they've been doing this a lot lately.

it's like a PT I did a while ago where there was like a whole thing about a drink that people on an island were having and those who drank it had like lower heart disease or some shit while those who didn't have higher heart disease. the right answer was literally "this drink lowers your chance of heart disease". like bruh that's correlation/causation but it was in fact the ONLY answer choice that had slight support for it and was the MOST supported. ugh.

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Results are:
RC -3
LR -1
LG -0

BR
RC -0
LR -1
LG -0

damn good shit

also on the topic of this PT. I think both the orangutan and isotopes questions both really test your ability to focus on the 'is MOST supported' aspect of that Q type. I hate that they've been doing this a lot lately.

it's like a PT I did a while ago where there was like a whole thing about a drink that people on an island were having and those who drank it had like lower heart disease or some shit while those who didn't have higher heart disease. the right answer was literally "this drink lowers your chance of heart disease". like bruh that's correlation/causation but it was in fact the ONLY answer choice that had slight support for it and was the MOST supported. ugh.
Literally just did that question and WTF'd. Also the World Lit question on that same PT. Goes against literally every single foundational lesson I've learned.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:33 pm

New poll idea; what snack will you be bringing for test day? (mainly because I need good snack ideas myself)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

PT 77 today. less than 2 weeks people!!!!

and
MercW07 wrote:New poll idea; what snack will you be bringing for test day? (mainly because I need good snack ideas myself)
prob vodka in a water bottle. that's pretty much all I will need tbh

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 am

littlewing67 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:New poll idea; what snack will you be bringing for test day? (mainly because I need good snack ideas myself)
There’s no poll up yet so I’m just going to answer and go with a cliff bar cause I’m a basic bitch. Last time the line to the bathroom was so long that I ate my snack while waiting so I was happy to have something easy/quick to eat.
I mean I need options to put into the poll...

I'm going to have protein/cliff bars.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
There’s no poll up yet so I’m just going to answer and go with a cliff bar cause I’m a basic bitch. Last time the line to the bathroom was so long that I ate my snack while waiting so I was happy to have something easy/quick to eat.
I mean I need options to put into the poll...

I'm going to have protein/cliff bars.
I'll personally be bringing one of those runners gel packs (basically it's sugar and caffeine) and water. My body doesn't do well with solid food when I'm nervous :p

Also, just started my December prep yesterday. Retook PT73 and scored a -2! Alas, there were a few tough questions that I definitely remembered the answers for, so I can't be too excited.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Results are:
RC -3
LR -1
LG -0

BR
RC -0
LR -1
LG -0

damn good shit

Thats beast man! Good work. Yeah people always say that retakes inflate your grades But i think its actually the opposite i.e your bold type. When i redo a PT i dont remember the answer but I remember the question topic and especially when its one like cholesterol lvls or another aggressively reoccurring topic it fucks with my mind and I try to prephase the right answer but really am just overthinking it and underconfident.

e: the only way i see it being easier unless you remember answers explicitly is if there is a really tough game or passage you will be expecting it already so the shock value isnt extreme.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Mikey wrote:PT 77 today. less than 2 weeks people!!!!

and
prob vodka in a water bottle. that's pretty much all I will need tbh
lmao Mikey youre wild bro!

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Whats up squad -- posted this is another thread but got no love. Was hoping you guys could help me out. Here's my predicament. I'm registered for the December test -- but don't feel like I've maximized my potential. I am getting in the 172 - 176 range, but consistently get at least 2-3 (sometimes much more) wrong in LG. I have done weeks/months of foolproofing and have seen significant improvement, but still not where I can get to a -0. I am thinking about postponing to Feb, but that obviously means I will have to postpone a cycle. The reason why I am thinking about postponing is because I really want Y (academia), and they seem to care about how many takes you have. I'm aiming for a 175 +. Plan on spending the last two months (if I postpone) finishing up PTs (I've only taken around 15-20) and then drilling LG.

Should I postpone if I am gunning hard for Yale? I have a 4.0+ GPA and was thinking a 174-175 score would really give me a good shot.

Thanks for all the help!!!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Just retook PT 78 (retake). 172. I'm getting hella lazy/bored on this test and I have little new material left. Taking a brand new test this Saturday to simulate real conditions. Let's get this over and done with already :roll:
Almost there! I am glad I took off this weekend and had some fun. Definitely hedged burnout and recharged me. I was feeling like this last week.

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 pm

paperworkjim wrote:Whats up squad -- posted this is another thread but got no love. Was hoping you guys could help me out. Here's my predicament. I'm registered for the December test -- but don't feel like I've maximized my potential. I am getting in the 172 - 176 range, but consistently get at least 2-3 (sometimes much more) wrong in LG. I have done weeks/months of foolproofing and have seen significant improvement, but still not where I can get to a -0. I am thinking about postponing to Feb, but that obviously means I will have to postpone a cycle. The reason why I am thinking about postponing is because I really want Y (academia), and they seem to care about how many takes you have. I'm aiming for a 175 +. Plan on spending the last two months (if I postpone) finishing up PTs (I've only taken around 15-20) and then drilling LG.

Should I postpone if I am gunning hard for Yale? I have a 4.0+ GPA and was thinking a 174-175 score would really give me a good shot.

Thanks for all the help!!!
I don't think taking the LSAT twice is going to ruin your chances at Yale if you really have what it takes to get in. IMO Yale will not penalize you if you end up getting a 176 on your second try. I personally don't believe postponing the LSAT another year is worth it if you are PT-ing 172-176 Yale or no Yale. What you should do is take it and cancel your score if you feel you bombed the LG. If you are in this range, you should have a general sense of your performance after each section.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Tried to go to the library today to PT and it turns out it wasn’t open till 1. Wtf! Ended up taking PT 78 at home and got a 167. A -10 curve on that test is cruel, RC 2&3 are on the harder side of things and that games section was sneaky tough.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Just retook PT 78 (retake). 172. I'm getting hella lazy/bored on this test and I have little new material left. Taking a brand new test this Saturday to simulate real conditions. Let's get this over and done with already :roll:
Almost there! I am glad I took off this weekend and had some fun. Definitely hedged burnout and recharged me. I was feeling like this last week.
This is why I waited so long before getting back into it for December. I'm out of new material completely and I swear I've only got another one or two full tests in me before I hit my absolute limit. One yesterday to make sure I'm not completely out of form, maybe one next Sunday, and then game day. I almost didn't take any PTs going in because the last time I took such a long break I was in peak form right out of the gate and then slowly regressed. I just didn't feel comfortable doing NOTHING though. Nerves got me in June, overconfidence got me in September, that leaves just the third bear for December.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thats beast man! Good work. Yeah people always say that retakes inflate your grades But i think its actually the opposite i.e your bold type. When i redo a PT i dont remember the answer but I remember the question topic and especially when its one like cholesterol lvls or another aggressively reoccurring topic it fucks with my mind and I try to prephase the right answer but really am just overthinking it and underconfident.

e: the only way i see it being easier unless you remember answers explicitly is if there is a really tough game or passage you will be expecting it already so the shock value isnt extreme.

Well, there was the fact that I knew what I did wrong in RC on test day, I skipped the third passage to do the 4th because it had more questions and ended up not having enough time for it, 5 min warning when I started reading... This time around I made sure I did the passages in order which helped with the boost. I'm really not sure if I should just always save the comp passage one for last or do in order presented since they're usually easiest to hardest.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:30 pm

/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”