The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

Experiment626

Silver

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:32 pm

paperworkjim wrote:PT 79
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

What the fuck was viruses honestly. I figured out that a circle would be best and still had absolutely no clue what to do. I'm obviously pleased with RC, but how could you even prepare for something like viruses. Ugh. Also missed some dumb questions on both LRs.

Gotta love those non-common games... The 7 sage setup made it so easy.

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:41 am

Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

What the fuck was viruses honestly. I figured out that a circle would be best and still had absolutely no clue what to do. I'm obviously pleased with RC, but how could you even prepare for something like viruses. Ugh. Also missed some dumb questions on both LRs.

How have all of ya'll been preparing for these games? Is there any way to prepare...?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:52 am

paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

How have all of ya'll been preparing for these games? Is there any way to prepare...?
Aside from praticing with the known ones, not much else can be done since there isn’t a pattern. You just have to Be able to figure out a way that works for you.

With the trend of the last two tests, I don’t think we’ll have a uncommon game. Really depends on if the hard RC and easy games is a response to the GRE or just an accidental coorelation.

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

Aside from praticing with the known ones, not much else can be done since there isn’t a pattern. You just have to Be able to figure out a way that works for you.

With the trend of the last two tests, I don’t think we’ll have a uncommon game. Really depends on if the hard RC and easy games is a response to the GRE or just an accidental coorelation.
I hope so man!! I would be screwed with a uncommon game. I think I am one of the few on here that would prefer a hard RC. For some reason, I've hit my stride on RC and the last three (all in 70s), I've gotten -0s.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 am

paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

I hope so man!! I would be screwed with a uncommon game. I think I am one of the few on here that would prefer a hard RC. For some reason, I've hit my stride on RC and the last three (all in 70s), I've gotten -0s.
Yea... I'm still variable on my RC from 3-5. At this point I'm not sure which I would prefer since it's basically a 1-2 question trade between hard LG and RC... We'll see how I feel after I do 82 this weekend but I'm still learning towards preferring hard LG because those tests usually have a nice curve unlike 81 which was -9. September was -11 which is better. I actually hope for a -12 or -13 curve because, aside from my sept retake, I'm routinely going 10-12 questions wrong regardless of the curve.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am

PT 79 today, its a retake but I had 4 PTs to do and 2 are retakes while 2 are fresh that I have scheduled before the 2nd. already did a fresh one, now a retake (79) and then fresh (76) then finally 82 (took it on the real day but never reviewed it or redid it so it's a retake)

e: dont think I have been showing my breakdown for the last like 3 PTs I think, I always forget but all have been in the mid to high 160's, no 170's as of lately :/

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 am

Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

Yea... I'm still variable on my RC from 3-5. At this point I'm not sure which I would prefer since it's basically a 1-2 question trade between hard LG and RC... We'll see how I feel after I do 82 this weekend but I'm still learning towards preferring hard LG because those tests usually have a nice curve unlike 81 which was -9. September was -11 which is better. I actually hope for a -12 or -13 curve because, aside from my sept retake, I'm routinely going 10-12 questions wrong regardless of the curve.
I don't know if this would work for everyone -- but I REALLY REALLY have found that just spending a lot of time up front with the passage and really trying to understand the argument structure/the overall point of each paragraph (without any notations other than underlining) has been game-changing for me. I would try it out if you haven't already. It brought me down from -3 to -5 to -0 or -1 on each. I spend normally double the time with the passage as I do with the questions.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:56 am

paperworkjim wrote: I don't know if this would work for everyone -- but I REALLY REALLY have found that just spending a lot of time up front with the passage and really trying to understand the argument structure/the overall point of each paragraph (without any notations other than underlining) has been game-changing for me. I would try it out if you haven't already. It brought me down from -3 to -5 to -0 or -1 on each. I spend normally double the time with the passage as I do with the questions.
I try to do that with the notations I make that are small summaries of the paragraph's purpose, information, and view point. My issue is how many analogy title questions they ask because I just suck at that. Most other questions I'm good on unless two ACs are very similar and hinge on a word which is horrible for the hard RC sections.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 pm

To busy at work to do much prep since my disappointing/constantly interrupted PT82 fresh take ten days ago. I think I'm gonna retake last year's Sept LSAT on Saturday for the second time, but not sure how helpful that'd be. If I cancel this score it will be my second cancel. Not sure if I'm mentally prepared to take another LSAT even though it'd be my fourth time walking into a test center. The thing is I definitely have the skills necessary for the score I'm going for.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

I agree. Do the known ones, but i think the key is being good enough with normal games to have 12min+ going into the last one. Usually PT sections with the last really hard misc arent bad. Usually two easy games and 1 medium or 2 medium 1 easy where going into game 4 if you are good at LG you should be able to have a bunch of extra time in the bank. On virus, if you had at least 12 min you could figure it out by going through the questions just thinking through the game methodically. I think a really hard In/Out is actually worse than a random hard misc like virus

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Mikey wrote:PT 79 today, its a retake but I had 4 PTs to do and 2 are retakes while 2 are fresh that I have scheduled before the 2nd. already did a fresh one, now a retake (79) and then fresh (76) then finally 82 (took it on the real day but never reviewed it or redid it so it's a retake)

e: dont think I have been showing my breakdown for the last like 3 PTs I think, I always forget but all have been in the mid to high 160's, no 170's as of lately :/
Are you still struggling with RC mostly?

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

I agree. Do the known ones, but i think the key is being good enough with normal games to have 12min+ going into the last one. Usually PT sections with the last really hard misc arent bad. Usually two easy games and 1 medium or 2 medium 1 easy where going into game 4 if you are good at LG you should be able to have a bunch of extra time in the bank. On virus, if you had at least 12 min you could figure it out by going through the questions just thinking through the game methodically. I think a really hard In/Out is actually worse than a random hard misc like virus
TFW when you had 15 minutes going into Viruses and got -4 wrong....

I think my big mistake was my girlfriend blurted out that viruses was a circle game (she took S2016). Don't know if it is good to confront it like a circle game, but I felt it screwed with my brain by making me unwilling to think about the game holistically.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 pm

paperworkjim wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
-0 RC
-2 LR1
-2 LR2
-4 LG

TFW when you had 15 minutes going into Viruses and got -4 wrong....

I think my big mistake was my girlfriend blurted out that viruses was a circle game (she took S2016). Don't know if it is good to confront it like a circle game, but I felt it screwed with my brain by making me unwilling to think about the game holistically.
Haha sometimes shit just happens too! Ehh I think you could think about it like a circle game, but thats not the most effective way and may have been what stumped you.. I just took PT75 yest and I realized i dont like LG at the end of the test -- you overlook a lot of little things so that could have been why you still got q's wrong.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:PT 79 today, its a retake but I had 4 PTs to do and 2 are retakes while 2 are fresh that I have scheduled before the 2nd. already did a fresh one, now a retake (79) and then fresh (76) then finally 82 (took it on the real day but never reviewed it or redid it so it's a retake)

Are you still struggling with RC mostly?
yeah

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 pm

you guys wanna know how my morning started? sorta late bc im only a little brain dead from studying ~20 hours the last two days. figured lemme head to the library and do ONE practice test before going home. anyway, all good. get out of the subway ready to head to the sbux to get my usual when a pigeon drops a giant piece of stale bread on me and the crumbs get EVERRYYWHEREEEE. you greedy bird why couldnt oyu have eaten that on the ground instead of trying to fly away with it. i'm just glad it wasnt poop.

i'm procrastinating now folks.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 pm

pt 79

LR: -2/-1
RC: -4
LG: -1

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:you guys wanna know how my morning started? sorta late bc im only a little brain dead from studying ~20 hours the last two days. figured lemme head to the library and do ONE practice test before going home. anyway, all good. get out of the subway ready to head to the sbux to get my usual when a pigeon drops a giant piece of stale bread on me and the crumbs get EVERRYYWHEREEEE. you greedy bird why couldnt oyu have eaten that on the ground instead of trying to fly away with it. i'm just glad it wasnt poop.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:41 pm

PT 75:

171(173)

LR (Exp): -1
LR: -3 (-1) --> got 2 stupid fakin questions wrong on this one uggh.. Oh well.
RC:-3
LR: -3
LG: -0

Not bad after a weekend off and some tom-foolery. Stamina was tough yest going into the last two after the break. Im surprised i didnt get a stupid one wrong on LG. That section was pretty tough.. Idk may have just been tired but hey got through it unscathed. Need to get my LR down +1-2 more consistently.. (still missing NA quest wtf) because ik that RC has a wide variance.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Mikey wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:you guys wanna know how my morning started? sorta late bc im only a little brain dead from studying ~20 hours the last two days. figured lemme head to the library and do ONE practice test before going home. anyway, all good. get out of the subway ready to head to the sbux to get my usual when a pigeon drops a giant piece of stale bread on me and the crumbs get EVERRYYWHEREEEE. you greedy bird why couldnt oyu have eaten that on the ground instead of trying to fly away with it. i'm just glad it wasnt poop.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lmao a piece of bread. I would have laughed so hard. and you're right at least it wasn't poop...

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 pm

I have PT 80, 81, and 71 left that I am going to take before next weekend.

Going to take 1 tomorrow, 1 sat, then 1 next Tues/Weds (we'll see). Or I was also considering taking another one I cna do a 7X's retake, 82 or just an older exam and take an additional PT on Mon and take my last one Weds or just stick to the T/TH schedule?

Thoughts, I think going lighter and only taking 1 leading up to the test during Peak week is prob the better bet to not overdo it and stay refreshed. Could just do some sections and drilling instead of PTs...

Thoughts? what are your PT schedules from today on out?

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:I have PT 80, 81, and 71 left that I am going to take before next weekend.

Going to take 1 tomorrow, 1 sat, then 1 next Tues/Weds (we'll see). Or I was also considering taking another one I cna do a 7X's retake, 82 or just an older exam and take an additional PT on Mon and take my last one Weds or just stick to the T/TH schedule?

Thoughts, I think going lighter and only taking 1 leading up to the test during Peak week is prob the better bet to not overdo it and stay refreshed. Could just do some sections and drilling instead of PTs...

I would do an extra retake or two just to boost confidence before the test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm

damask_rain wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:I have PT 80, 81, and 71 left that I am going to take before next weekend.

I would do an extra retake or two just to boost confidence before the test.
Good point. Maybe ill do 79 or Sept as that extra retake and just do it as 4 section so its not full-length but still a PT and a retake.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm continuing to drill LR/LG and LR/RC on alternating days. PT 82 this Sat and some tutoring Sunday.

Next week, continue to light drill. I've taken Wed-Friday off work to avoid stress, do some light drilling, and just relax before the test on Sat.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 pm

At the risk of repeating something that’s been mentioned on this board a few times - what are your tips on pacing for RC? I thought I was doing fine on time and then I had five minutes left for my last set which was a comparative reading passage with 8 questions soooo of course I had to rush through that shit. Do you guys have a rough idea that after question 19, I should have at least 10mins left? Etc?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”