The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4
4%
160-163
12
11%
164-167
26
23%
167-169
18
16%
170
13
12%
171-172
12
11%
172-174
9
8%
175
6
5%
176-179
5
4%
180
7
6%
 
Total votes: 112

JamesBlahDeBlah
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

I refuse to contribute until we get an official waiters thread. Who with seniority is going to step up?

LittleCrab
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby LittleCrab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:24 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:Feeling good about this one. Feels like a 172+


I don't like you ToT


Lol hey after messing up in September I'm allowed to feel good this time!

But i do empathize


Thank you and let's hope I empathize your 172 :D

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

RC LR LG RC LR

Probably couldn’t dream for a better set up but v disappointed that ballet/Shakespear wasn’t the real RC.

Also, I feel like LR2 (26) was prob the hardest section out of them all. Around 10-17 it got a little easier but I felt like I was dragging through the first ten then didn’t get to answer 26 with enough thought.

LG seemed easy. The test seemed tolerable, overall (esp compared to Sept)

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jm0987
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Jm0987 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Mecheman wrote:
Jm0987 wrote:I had LR LG RC LR LR. Don't remember the question #s but for those with experimental LR. Did we all have the same experimental? If so, did anyone find that one was extraordinarily difficult? While the other two were pretty standard to sections in prep?

Even questions 1-10 in (hopefully) experimental LR were hard. Threw me off completely. I thought RC and the other LRs were average.


Same here. I had LR RC LR LR LG. I just can't remember one right off hand that was on that really tough LR


Was your experimental LR section 1? I don't remember any of the questions unfortunately but I know that one of the first 8 questions involved a disagreement/agreement between two people and I was stuck on even that question. Which almost never happens for questions 1-10. I was on like question 18 with 5 minutes left. It threw me off for the next section (LG). And my score is tanked... But the last two LR sections were so average in comparison to practice tests. Exactly what you'd expect. I think the trex one everyone is referencing was one of the real sections though?

etramak
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:28 pm

etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

was the t rex Q real? pls tell me no, that section was way more difficult than the other 2 I had :/

anyone find the 8 floors game easy BUT annoying? or that just me?


I thought it was very easy once I finally drew it out correctly. Unfortunately that took me 10+ minutes


And yes trex was def real

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Someone start a waiter's thread

Please :P


Barry, I nominate you as OP. I OPed this one. I don't want to Op another one because I'll be too busy this month to be a good OP.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby PrezRand » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm

I feel like this test wasn't bad but I think i fked up. Well time to drink :(


3 fkin LR sections man


Mikey wrote:LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

was the t rex Q real? pls tell me no, that section was way more difficult than the other 2 I had :/

anyone find the 8 floors game easy BUT annoying? or that just me?

Only the last question.
Last edited by PrezRand on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:30 pm

etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

was the t rex Q real? pls tell me no, that section was way more difficult than the other 2 I had :/

anyone find the 8 floors game easy BUT annoying? or that just me?


I thought it was very easy once I finally drew it out correctly. Unfortunately that took me 10+ minutes

T. rex was real.

What was your set up? I did MOD EDIT: NOPE AND BAN

etramak
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Anyone remember a LR question about drought/rain/cooler temperatures? Dave killoran tweeted that this question was real but I don't remember anything like that. Worried I skipped it and made a serious bubbling error

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 pm

etramak wrote:Anyone remember a LR question about drought/rain/cooler temperatures? Dave killoran tweeted that this question was real but I don't remember anything like that. Worried I skipped it and made a serious bubbling error

Yea this was real. It was comparing two cities, C and T

Edit: no worries though, it wasn’t a memorable question at all I just happened to write the letters out on the test lol
Last edited by chewinggum on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mecheman
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mecheman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Jm0987 wrote:
Mecheman wrote:
Jm0987 wrote:I had LR LG RC LR LR. Don't remember the question #s but for those with experimental LR. Did we all have the same experimental? If so, did anyone find that one was extraordinarily difficult? While the other two were pretty standard to sections in prep?

Even questions 1-10 in (hopefully) experimental LR were hard. Threw me off completely. I thought RC and the other LRs were average.


Same here. I had LR RC LR LR LG. I just can't remember one right off hand that was on that really tough LR


Was your experimental LR section 1? I don't remember any of the questions unfortunately but I know that one of the first 8 questions involved a disagreement/agreement between two people and I was stuck on even that question. Which almost never happens for questions 1-10. I was on like question 18 with 5 minutes left. It threw me off for the next section (LG). And my score is tanked... But the last two LR sections were so average in comparison to practice tests. Exactly what you'd expect. I think the trex one everyone is referencing was one of the real sections though?


It was either my first or second (T Rex) was my third. But yeah from what I remember the weird one had that weird argument question as #1

User avatar
Barry grandpapy
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Someone start a waiter's thread

Please :P


Barry, I nominate you as OP.


I nominate Mikey

etramak
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:34 pm

chewinggum wrote:
etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

was the t rex Q real? pls tell me no, that section was way more difficult than the other 2 I had :/

anyone find the 8 floors game easy BUT annoying? or that just me?


I thought it was very easy once I finally drew it out correctly. Unfortunately that took me 10+ minutes

T. rex was real.

What was your set up? I did double layer sequencing but I struggled with noting the first rule. Wtf


Its not that the setup was complicated. My problem was drawing out the inferences. I kept ruling out possible situations as impossible which caused a lot of trouble with POE

JamesBlahDeBlah
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Someone start a waiter's thread

Please :P


Barry, I nominate you as OP.


I nominate Mikey


Seconded

etramak
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 pm

chewinggum wrote:
etramak wrote:Anyone remember a LR question about drought/rain/cooler temperatures? Dave killoran tweeted that this question was real but I don't remember anything like that. Worried I skipped it and made a serious bubbling error

Yea this was real. It was comparing two cities, C and T

Edit: no worries though, it wasn’t a memorable question at all I just happened to write the letters out on the test lol

Thanks! That makes me remember. I had a bit of trouble deciding between two choices for that.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 pm

since no one started the waiters thread I took it upon myself to lead the pack

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283896

User avatar
S0L0
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby S0L0 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Feel pretty good about it. Had the format beginning with RC with two LG and the second LG as Experimental.

Passing secrets Experimental LG can go to hell. I thought both LG were hard but thought Experimental LG was harder. Thought both LR were easy, easy RC (thank you for you candor, LSAC). Wouldn't be surprised if I -1 or -2 each LR, -1 RC, and -6 LG.

georgeNY
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby georgeNY » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 pm

So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?

User avatar
saffles
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby saffles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:41 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Dude I’m pretty sure I fucked up on LG and that’s my best section. Welp.

Same. That was the section I was hoping would boost my grade. Turns out that that was the section that would drop it T~T

Jm0987
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Jm0987 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:48 pm

georgeNY wrote:So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?


Do you remember any questions from the lr that you think is experimental? I think my experimental LR was LR1. It was super difficult. Not just compared to the other LRs but harder than even some of the tougher LRs from PTs from previous tests. The other two were basically like all other lr sections from prep...

georgeNY
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby georgeNY » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Jm0987 wrote:
georgeNY wrote:So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?


Do you remember any questions from the lr that you think is experimental? I think my experimental LR was LR1. It was super difficult. Not just compared to the other LRs but harder than even some of the tougher LRs from PTs from previous tests. The other two were basically like all other lr sections from prep...


I remember a question from my second LR section, LR2, (they went LR1 (25), RC, LR2 (26), LR3 (26), LG) that was about a company making exercise classes for its employees to reduce stress and improve productivity. I know LR1 couldn't have been experimental, since it was only 25 questions, so it was either LR2 or LR3. Was the exercise question real?

Jm0987
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Jm0987 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:01 pm

georgeNY wrote:
Jm0987 wrote:
georgeNY wrote:So, I had an experimental LR, and my test had the following configuration: LR (25), RC, LR (26), LR (26), LG.

For me, 2 LRs were very easy and one was pretty hard. I remember the T Rex Q, but not which section it was in. I really hope that it was my third LR that was the experimental! For people with the same test configuration, was the third LR (26) the experimental?


Do you remember any questions from the lr that you think is experimental? I think my experimental LR was LR1. It was super difficult. Not just compared to the other LRs but harder than even some of the tougher LRs from PTs from previous tests. The other two were basically like all other lr sections from prep...


I remember a question from my second LR section, LR2, (they went LR1 (25), RC, LR2 (26), LR3 (26), LG) that was about a company making exercise classes for its employees to reduce stress and improve productivity. I know LR1 couldn't have been experimental, since it was only 25 questions, so it was either LR2 or LR3. Was the exercise question real?


Does anyone with the same order of sections have the same experimental/same experimental section?

I don't remember an exercise question. I could have skipped it or no gotten to it due to how slow I was in the experimental.

Jm0987
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Jm0987 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Was the one about camaflouge prey part of a real LR section? I think it was a I WANT TO BE BANNED TYPE OF QUESTION

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:20 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: appind and 6 guests