The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
8%
164-167
21%
167-169
18%
13%
171-172
11%
172-174
7%
7%
176-179
5%
7%

Total votes: 85

kiklavan

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby kiklavan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Mikey wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months

as much as I'd love to go to a T14, I'm open about going to a non-t14 like WUSTL or Fordham with very good money

Yeah, I'm starting to think along those lines too. I can't imagine studying again until February for probably 0 gain

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm

PT 78

LR -7
LG -0
RC -3
Score: 170

I definitely was not on my A game for LR today. Four questions I instantly I knew I got them wrong when looked at them for my BR.... I didn't warm up as much today which probably was the issue.
RC should have been -2 because I originally had the right AC for one and changed my mind for some stupid reason...

BR:
LR: -1
LG: -0
RC: -1
Score 178- Why can't this be my real score?

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 pm

kiklavan wrote:Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months

Well, I'm not aiming for T14 because I'm doing school part time. Georgetown is my #1 and if I don't get into them I SHOULD get in to GW as long as I'm above a 165... But I am on the fence for if I want to delay my cycle a year for a better shot at Georgetown. I'm just concerned with how cycles will be after this one with the whole GRE thing...

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Experiment626 wrote:

Well, I'm not aiming for T14 because I'm doing school part time. Georgetown is my #1 and if I don't get into them I SHOULD get in to GW as long as I'm above a 165... But I am on the fence for if I want to delay my cycle a year for a better shot at Georgetown. I'm just concerned with how cycles will be after this one with the whole GRE thing...

Just apply this year and if you don't get in apply early next year! It's not like applying twice would hurt you. Idk why I'm not that worried about the GRE making a huge difference, but I know what you mean.

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:49 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

Just apply this year and if you don't get in apply early next year! It's not like applying twice would hurt you. Idk why I'm not that worried about the GRE making a huge difference, but I know what you mean.

Right now the plan is to ED to Gtown and have the app in right after Thanksgiving.

If I don't get in, I'd have to write new essays because it woudln't look good to recycle the ones I used this year. Writing them again is something I don't want to do...

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Right now the plan is to ED to Gtown and have the app in right after Thanksgiving.

If I don't get in, I'd have to write new essays because it woudln't look good to recycle the ones I used this year. Writing them again is something I don't want to do...

I've been so tempted to apply ED somewhere rn with my current numbers but in the back of my mind I know I personally can't justify paying sticker. for me it would be a bad move since I'd pay everything (tuition and COL) via loans. Hoping my December score can get me into some top schools with decent money! :) would have to take our loans for COL regardless but hopefully I can get a discount on that tuition some where :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edit: also, have you done any of the optional essays?? I just did mine today! I chose the simple but fun "give us your top ten list" lol

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

I dont think its true that recycling essays is bad. I have heard of several ppl who resubmitted the same exact apps the next cycle just the day apps opened and got into their "dream school." If anything the extra time could be used to further strengthen your essays, but dont scrap it. That would be silly unless of course you have a better idea and believe you can craft something better. In sum, maybe edit to improve your essay if it can be otherwise just leave it and use it again.

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

Haha I've been dreading this too tbh. But honestly you'll probably just need to include something about your new work experience, if anything. I don't think it's a big deal to keep most of it the same.

dietcoked

Postby dietcoked » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

Haha I've been dreading this too tbh. But honestly you'll probably just need to include something about your new work experience, if anything. I don't think it's a big deal to keep most of it the same.

Ugh me too, I really feel like this December sitting is my last chance... debating whether I should hold off on my submission to Georgetown in case I want to ED there if I don't get the 170+ in December

So embarrassed @ me a year and a half ago thinking the LSAT wouldn't be so bad when really I peaked in 5th grade

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:31 pm

dietcoked wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

Ugh me too, I really feel like this December sitting is my last chance... debating whether I should hold off on my submission to Georgetown in case I want to ED there if I don't get the 170+ in December

So embarrassed @ me a year and a half ago thinking the LSAT wouldn't be so bad when really I peaked in 5th grade

Lmao same. Every day I find myself lowering the bar for what I’ll settle with in December. At first it was 170 or bust.. then it was like 168 might be fine...

vikingrunner

Postby vikingrunner » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

First post in a while...so maybe I'm just lazy or complacent but I probably haven't being going as hard as I should be. Working 45+ hours a week, trying to keep a full running schedule, and doing multiple visits (I've been to Wake, UGA, and UNC thus far) when I do have time off from work probably hasn't helped. I've been doing a section or two a day during the week and occasionally drilling LR (my weakest link, though RC has been inconsistent at times). I haven't even gotten to newer tests yet but they are shipping this week. I have been scoring in the high 160s/low 170s fairly consistently, but that has been on older tests so hopefully I'm not in for a wake up call when I start newer PTs. I think I am pretty solid on LG (almost never more than -2, usually -0) and have gotten better at LR to where I am usually in the -3/-4 range.

I really just want it to be mid-December so I can go on my post-LSAT ski trip and forget about things for a while.

MercW07

Postby MercW07 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Experiment626 wrote:

Yep this is pretty much how Im feeling right now. Also, I think the LSAT going digital next cycle may shake things up a bit and that concerns me. I just need to get my goal score in December and be done with it because just thinking about the whole GRE/digital thing gives me anxiety lol

Postby AvatarMeelo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:26 pm

when u come down with a cold less than 3 weeks before the exam :D :D :D :D :D

barcafan202

Postby barcafan202 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Last edited by barcafan202 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Postby MercW07 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:08 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:when u come down with a cold less than 3 weeks before the exam :D :D :D :D :D

Better now than waking up the day of the test feeling like shit!

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:23 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:when u come down with a cold less than 3 weeks before the exam :D :D :D :D :D

I felt like I was getting sick the night before the sept test. I was like "really? are you kidding me?? can you hold the fuck up real quick?" lmaooo.

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Ugh have you guys taken PT 76? The RC just rocked my world (and not in a good way).

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:32 pm

I feel like i have so many "ideas/strategies" that I want to do for studying and it just takes so long I dont get do all that I want too lol.

PTing, dirlling weaknesses, sections, fool-proof, BR and Review, reviewing fundamentals... etc

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 pm

kiklavan wrote:Ugh have you guys taken PT 76? The RC just rocked my world (and not in a good way).

no but I plan too, and now you just scared me

somethingElse

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm

what would Vinny Chase do?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm

somethingElse wrote:what would Vinny Chase do?

can you take the December test for me? <3

somethingElse

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Mikey wrote:

haha you would NOT want that trust me

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm

somethingElse wrote:
Mikey wrote:

as long as you can get me a 135 I'll be happy

saffles

Postby saffles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm

I feel like I need to observe somebody taking the test in real-time and answering every question. I've been doing drills with 32 minutes/section but even when I skip questions that I just can't think to answer in the moment, I end up with nine questions with no answers and no time to go back and do them...at least the good news is that of the questions I did answer, I got most of them right (with the exception of RC...). It also has been a month and a half since I've taken a full PT.
I'll be working on that 7sage Memory Method and try to read LR stimuli faster, I guess...
Nothing but PT every other day from now on :I
Also, my breakdown is this and it's horrible so I'm putting it in a spoiler:
[+] Spoiler
PT70
LR1 - 15 correct out of 18 answered out of 25 questions
RC - 12 correct out of 23 answered out of 27 questions xDDD
LG - 18 correct out of 20 answered out of 23 questions
LR2 - 16 correct out of 20 answered out of 26 questions

So I scored 153 out of a possible score of 165. :o

I'll save BR for tomorrow, but I'm not sure how beneficial it would be since timing is my main concern outside of RC.

On the brightside, at least I made progress?

somethingElse

Postby somethingElse » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Mikey wrote:
somethingElse wrote:
Mikey wrote:

as long as you can get me a 135 I'll be happy

I can promise no lower than a c minus

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”