The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
8%
164-167
22%
167-169
17%
13%
171-172
11%
172-174
7%
7%
176-179
4%
7%

Total votes: 83

Mikey

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 am

I'm so bored of the LSAT :/

These 3 weeks need to fly by man..

littlewing67

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 am

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm so bored of the LSAT :/

Lol this has been me this whole week...

Can’t wait until I have more free time to read some books that I have on my to do list

I can't wait until I have more free time to do absolutely nothing :mrgreen:

PhiladelphiaCollins

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am

Woke up at like 5:30 this morning at did PT73 and I got a 163 :x Super pissed because I managed to kill RC for the first time but I screwed the second game and realized on the last question, which put me back a solid 5 minutes and ruined me for G4. Breakdown was

RC -3
LR1: -5
LG: -7
LR2: -6

Goddammit.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:32 am

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Woke up at like 5:30 this morning at did PT73 and I got a 163 :x Super pissed because I managed to kill RC for the first time but I screwed the second game and realized on the last question, which put me back a solid 5 minutes and ruined me for G4. Breakdown was

RC -3

Goddammit.

that literally always happens to me

if I fuck up RC, I do well on LG. If I do well on LG, I fuck up RC (most common for me tbh,. lol).

never both together though :cry:

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 am

littlewing67 wrote:

Can’t wait until I have more free time to read some books that I have on my to do list

Im so excited to enjoy life i.e. Social life, Reading, Some video games etc anything besides just waking up LSAT and gym haha. ITll be worth it and I know I will enjoy all those things much more with a sick score in my hand so gotta stay focused. I have exactly a month between the LSAT and when I start my work full-time so despite working on apps I will have a ton of time to do some things I enjoy. Although, since I wont have my score during that time itll be stressful haha and then when I can relax I will have started working already.. All good though. At the end of the day all I want is that 17X!! *Prayer Hands*

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 am

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

Im so excited to enjoy life i.e. Social life, Reading, Some video games etc anything besides just waking up LSAT and gym haha. ITll be worth it and I know I will enjoy all those things much more with a sick score in my hand so gotta stay focused. I have exactly a month between the LSAT and when I start my work full-time so despite working on apps I will have a ton of time to do some things I enjoy. Although, since I wont have my score during that time itll be stressful haha and then when I can relax I will have started working already.. All good though. At the end of the day all I want is that 17X!! *Prayer Hands*

can you just come back to ny already so we can get drunk pls, jager :)

PhiladelphiaCollins

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 am

Mikey wrote:
PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Woke up at like 5:30 this morning at did PT73 and I got a 163 :x Super pissed because I managed to kill RC for the first time but I screwed the second game and realized on the last question, which put me back a solid 5 minutes and ruined me for G4. Breakdown was

RC -3

Goddammit.

if I fuck up RC, I do well on LG. If I do well on LG, I fuck up RC (most common for me tbh,. lol).

MAN I know!! I’ll think “hey I turned the corner and killed RC/ went -0 on games” and nope, end up getting fucked by work pieces or Eillen Gray

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 am

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
Mikey wrote:

RC -3

Goddammit.

MAN I know!! I’ll think “hey I turned the corner and killed RC/ went -0 on games” and nope, end up getting fucked by work pieces or Eillen Gray

I just did PT 72 yesterday actually. I had about 12 mins for that work pieces game and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I got the first question right just based off of rules, and once I watched the explanation my game board was kind of similar to J.Y.'s but I just didn't really know how tf to approach it during the test lmaooo.

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

You already know it brotha! I am hoping to be back by mid-dec, but i will be there for New Years at the latest.

peege

Postby peege » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:

RC -3

Goddammit.

I just did PT 72 yesterday actually. I had about 12 mins for that work pieces game and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I got the first question right just based off of rules, and once I watched the explanation my game board was kind of similar to J.Y.'s but I just didn't really know how tf to approach it during the test lmaooo.

Is it crazy I didn't think that game was that hard?!? I did it in 9 minutes on the first try... however I did PT 74 last night and the rug game killed me. I got -4 on LG for the first time since I started prep.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 pm

peege wrote:
Is it crazy I didn't think that game was that hard?!? I did it in 9 minutes on the first try... however I did PT 74 last night and the rug game killed me. I got -4 on LG for the first time since I started prep.

I mean after watching the explanation I feel like a dumb ass for not having solved it before. but I think for me, what was mostly hard about it was just setting up a good game board. but even with that, mine was similar to the explanation video but I just couldn't really figure out how to approach the game pieces even though that part was simple. also the rules screwed me up a bit because I didn't make initial inferences about them in the positive instead I just focused on how they were given in the negative

edit: and when I say I couldn't figure out what to do with the game pieces, I mean I didn't see it up from that I just had to slap them all on the game board because it was all interchangeable anyways :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mikey on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:09 pm

peege wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:

RC -3

Goddammit.

The setup of PT74 G4 is very intuitive. I feel like most people who are strong at LG do the correct setup, but the inferences, questions and process of answering them are just a struggle & not very straight forward. This is the opposite of most tough miscellaneous games like the Virus game. The virus game, at first, you are like how the hell do i setup the gameboard, but then once you do its pretty easy to figure out the questions. Thats great though that you were able to do it in 9. I wasnt able to answer the last question, which i got wrong, but the rest of the game i was able to get correct, albeit, I wasnt confident when finishing it haha

littlewing67

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Postby PhiladelphiaCollins » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
peege wrote:

I mean after watching the explanation I feel like a dumb ass for not having solved it before. but I think for me, what was mostly hard about it was just setting up a good game board. but even with that, mine was similar to the explanation video but I just couldn't really figure out how to approach the game pieces even though that part was simple. also the rules screwed me up a bit because I didn't make initial inferences about them in the positive instead I just focused on how they were given in the negative

edit: and when I say I couldn't figure out what to do with the game pieces, I mean I didn't see it up from that I just had to slap them all on the game board because it was all interchangeable anyways :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I went -3 on that game but outside of the list question my mind was purely :?:

Maybe it’s just me, but was I the only one that didn’t find the 7Sage explanation THAT helpful for that game?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm

littlewing67 wrote:If I could get AT LEAST a 168 I’d be happy - that’s all god if you’re listening

RT RT RT RT

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:33 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:

You already know it brotha! I am hoping to be back by mid-dec, but i will be there for New Years at the latest.

I didn’t realize until just now that u used to be jagerbomb or w/e your old username was :lol:

If I could get AT LEAST a 168 I’d be happy - that’s all god if you’re listening

Haha yup thats me! jagerbom79 with the Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders Avatar. Name change struggles lol

And youll get that! youve been killing it!

etramak

Postby etramak » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Well, that wasn't so helpful. Hit my target score just barely on PT82 but had a lot of trouble focusing and kept getting distracted. I wasnt making inferences or realizing things I normally would. My stress/anxiety levels were through the roof so I cant imagine what it wouldve been like had I actually taken in September. Very frustrating since I thought 81 was a breeze. Not sure if I should just submit all my apps now and just say goodbye to the LSAT forever.

I feel for anyone ITT that had to put up with that RC in September.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:19 pm

etramak wrote:Well, that wasn't so helpful. Hit my target score just barely on PT82 but had a lot of trouble focusing and kept getting distracted. I wasnt making inferences or realizing things I normally would. My stress/anxiety levels were through the roof so I cant imagine what it wouldve been like had I actually taken in September. Very frustrating since I thought 81 was a breeze. Not sure if I should just submit all my apps now and just say goodbye to the LSAT forever.

RC on that test is the main reason I'm retaking. Lost a ridiculous amount of points on it

etramak

Postby etramak » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
etramak wrote:Well, that wasn't so helpful. Hit my target score just barely on PT82 but had a lot of trouble focusing and kept getting distracted. I wasnt making inferences or realizing things I normally would. My stress/anxiety levels were through the roof so I cant imagine what it wouldve been like had I actually taken in September. Very frustrating since I thought 81 was a breeze. Not sure if I should just submit all my apps now and just say goodbye to the LSAT forever.

RC on that test is the main reason I'm retaking. Lost a ridiculous amount of points on it

Thats what really has me wanting to go ahead and ignore that section. It obviously isn't the first extremely difficult RC but hopefully they wouldn't do it to us two tests in a row

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 pm

etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Thats what really has me wanting to go ahead and ignore that section. It obviously isn't the first extremely difficult RC but hopefully they wouldn't do it to us two tests in a row

June's RC was tough to a lot of people, so they technically already did give us back to back hard RC haha.

I feel like we are going to get decent LR/RC and possibly a weird LG section. Idk, I just feel like we're overdo for a weird LG but they're unpredictable so who knows.

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:

June's RC was tough to a lot of people, so they technically already did give us back to back hard RC haha.

I feel like we are going to get decent LR/RC and possibly a weird LG section. Idk, I just feel like we're overdo for a weird LG but they're unpredictable so who knows.

I am definitely not opposed to this speculation, Mikey lol

Postby AvatarMeelo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Minor rant: most times I like the Fox book and it’s been super helpful with reviewing logical reasoning skills. But sometimes he says shit like “this question points out the futility of reading the question part before reading the argument part” - yea but i like knowing how to approach a question before finding the argument tho stop it fox

kiklavan

Postby kiklavan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:13 pm

kiklavan wrote:Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months

as much as I'd love to go to a T14, I'm open about going to a non-t14 like WUSTL or Fordham with very good money

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”