The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
11%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
11%
172-174
8%
5%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 112

tinyrickkk

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

Tiny Rick checking in. On the fence about retaking, but here I am. :)

King of the North

Postby King of the North » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

Morning peeps.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

tinyrickkk wrote:Tiny Rick checking in. On the fence about retaking, but here I am. :)

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

nooo you got a 174 why are you back here :(

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:15 am

looked over the test and for some reason in LR the pattern I noticed for most of the ones I got wrong were necessary assumption questions and weaken questions. surprised at how bad I did on NA questions, not surprised about weaken Q's though since they have always been my weak spot on LR

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Geez, the poll numbers have jumped in the last 48 hours.... I'm going to let it hang through Sunday and then new poll. Need ideas...

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Mikey wrote:looked over the test and for some reason in LR the pattern I noticed for most of the ones I got wrong were necessary assumption questions and weaken questions. surprised at how bad I did on NA questions, not surprised about weaken Q's though since they have always been my weak spot on LR

I swear you just reviewed my test on accident bro :lol:

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:looked over the test and for some reason in LR the pattern I noticed for most of the ones I got wrong were necessary assumption questions and weaken questions. surprised at how bad I did on NA questions, not surprised about weaken Q's though since they have always been my weak spot on LR

I swear you just reviewed my test on accident bro :lol:

haha TWIN

Tavorak

Postby Tavorak » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Checking in.
Dammit.

futurehoosierJD

Postby futurehoosierJD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Checking in! So pissed with my September score that I am ready to murder this exam. :twisted:

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm

futurehoosierJD wrote:Checking in! So pissed with my September score that I am ready to murder this exam. :twisted:

RT RT RT RT

tinyrickkk

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:Tiny Rick checking in. On the fence about retaking, but here I am. :)

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

Because unlike most people on TLS, I have a shitty GPA. :( And I misbubbled again on this test.

Also, a little bit of unsolicited advice because I read your post below :roll: : I used to get lots of necessary assumption questions wrong. I got the Powerscore LR by type (for PTs 1-20) and drilled about half of the available NA questions. I literally stopped making any mistakes on that type of question by the end.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

Because unlike most people on TLS, I have a shitty GPA. :( And I misbubbled again on this test.

Also, a little bit of unsolicited advice because I read your post below :roll: : I used to get lots of necessary assumption questions wrong. I got the Powerscore LR by type (for PTs 1-20) and drilled about half of the available NA questions. I literally stopped making any mistakes on that type of question by the end.

ahh I see.. 174 is still amazing though! :)

and yeah.. I've always done well on NA questions but for some reason screwed up most of them this time around.. Drilling them today :mrgreen: haha

tinyrickkk

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

and yeah.. I've always done well on NA questions but for some reason screwed up most of them this time around.. Drilling them today :mrgreen: haha

Haha drilling is the way to go! And yes, I was/am absolutely stoked about my score. :) Just think that with my 3.4 GPA (from HYP ugrad, though that doesn't seem to matter much from what I've read), it might be worth retaking. But I might not lol. I looked at a logic game today at work and wanted to throw up. :D :D :D

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 pm

tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

Haha drilling is the way to go! And yes, I was/am absolutely stoked about my score. :) Just think that with my 3.4 GPA (from HYP ugrad, though that doesn't seem to matter much from what I've read), it might be worth retaking. But I might not lol. I looked at a logic game today at work and wanted to throw up. :D :D :D

Lol HYP.. I think you are fine tinny rickk.. Although if you are confident you left points on the table why not redo it. you are at a great spot though already so that should alleviate some stress.

tinyrickkk

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

Lol HYP.. I think you are fine tinny rickk.. Although if you are confident you left points on the table why not redo it. you are at a great spot though already so that should alleviate some stress.

Thanks, man. Do you think, despite the fact that schools only take a look at your top scores, that if someone's score was to drop between tests, colleges would hold that against the candidate? Especially for splitters etc?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm

tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

3.4/174 can get you good offers. Check lawschoolnumebrs and see for yourself. But I agree with jager, if you really feel like you left points on the table and can grab those points with a retake then go for it!

assuming you aren't a URM:

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

tinyrickkk wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

Thanks, man. Do you think, despite the fact that schools only take a look at your top scores, that if someone's score was to drop between tests, colleges would hold that against the candidate? Especially for splitters etc?

I wouldnt think so. I think highest score still counts and Ive heard that from T6 admissions. If they take anything additional into consideration its your score-band on your highest score. With that said, I wouldnt retake though if you think you are more likely to drop. But if you have a good feeling you left some points on the table or in 7 weeks can get over 175 that is the promise land

tinyrickkk

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

3.4/174 can get you good offers. Check lawschoolnumebrs and see for yourself. But I agree with jager, if you really feel like you left points on the table and can grab those points with a retake then go for it!

assuming you aren't a URM:
http://myLSN.info/qfvldr_1-13.jpg[/img]

Haha this is amazing! I had no idea about this website. How accurate is it? It seems like it's based on lawschoolnumbers, which I discovered on the other thread yesterday. According to this, 3.4/174 gives me a 9/10 chance at Columbia? Surely, that's not possible...?

tinyrickkk

Postby tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:

TINNYYYYY RICKKKKKKK

I wouldnt think so. I think highest score still counts and Ive heard that from T6 admissions. If they take anything additional into consideration its your score-band on your highest score. With that said, I wouldnt retake though if you think you are more likely to drop. But if you have a good feeling you left some points on the table or in 7 weeks can get over 175 that is the promise land

That's encouraging. I just have a terrible habit of misbubbling. Made me suffer in June and September. So I feel like it's possible that my score can go up, but it can just as easily go down. With the lawschoolnumbers data, though (assuming it's somewhat accurate!), if 174 is good enough to be a decent candidate at Columbia, I will most certainly not retake.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

tinyrickkk wrote:Haha this is amazing! I had no idea about this website. How accurate is it? It seems like it's based on lawschoolnumbers, which I discovered on the other thread yesterday. According to this, 3.4/174 gives me a 9/10 chance at Columbia? Surely, that's not possible...?

It's based on self-reporting data but I lots of people feel like it's pretty good data. there have been splitters with worse stats than you who got into Columbia with money before from what I remember from previous cycles

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
tinyrickkk wrote:Haha this is amazing! I had no idea about this website. How accurate is it? It seems like it's based on lawschoolnumbers, which I discovered on the other thread yesterday. According to this, 3.4/174 gives me a 9/10 chance at Columbia? Surely, that's not possible...?

It's based on self-reporting data but I lots of people feel like it's pretty good data. there have been splitters with worse stats than you who got into Columbia with money before from what I remember from previous cycles

Blueprint's tool might be a more realistic one for admissions chance.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

where is that at? never heard of it and would love to check it out! do you pay for it?

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

where is that at? never heard of it and would love to check it out! do you pay for it?

No, it's free. Just sign up for an account on their website. It's their Compass feature...

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
No, it's free. Just sign up for an account on their website. It's their Compass feature...

oh ok thanks!

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm

taking PT C2 tomorrow

I swear if I get a 170 or higher I'm going to be pissed because my sept score was bullshit

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”