The Official December 2017 Study Group

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
11%
164-167
23%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
11%
172-174
8%
5%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 112

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:hello darkness my old friend

</3

sad to see us both back here. JFC

squad

ME FOURRRRR

HELLO STRANGER

HEARD YOU WERE LURKING BEHIND ME ON TEST DAY

Yup I was in the second to last row in the same room as you and lilwing!!!

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:38 pm

clueless801 wrote:Yup I was in the second to last row in the same room as you and lilwing!!!

I was in the middle of the middle group, lmaoo

littlewing67 wrote:lol suicide pact if we don't do well in dec???????????

I agree. I wholeheartedly sell my soul to this pact.

twiix

Postby twiix » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:Yup I was in the second to last row in the same room as you and lilwing!!!

im mindboggled.. i know some people who are just outright STUPID who beat the shit out of me and I can't wrap my mind around it. salty af

twiix

Postby twiix » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm

so ive been ignorant and not studying since we took our test and working on essays.. now we have 7 weeks to go which isn't a ton of time. how do we maximize gains?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm

twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:

im mindboggled.. i know some people who are just outright STUPID who beat the shit out of me and I can't wrap my mind around it. salty af

TELL ME ABOUT IT

I know a chick who already graduated LS and got a score 7 points higher than me and she was FUCKING DUMB

greatspirit

Postby greatspirit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 pm

December group is getting popping.

dietcoked

Postby dietcoked » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello everyone, officially checking in. I donate money to LSAC so regularly wish it was tax-deductible

FrasierCrane

Postby FrasierCrane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm

So what goes on in these study groups?

sabraph

Postby sabraph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 pm

dietcoked wrote:Hello everyone, officially checking in. I donate money to LSAC so regularly wish it was tax-deductible

^this

kgm1990

Postby kgm1990 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 pm

sabraph wrote:
dietcoked wrote:Hello everyone, officially checking in. I donate money to LSAC so regularly wish it was tax-deductible

^this

Sigh. *Pulls out empty wallet*

sabraph

Postby sabraph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Anyone have any good resources for a 6 week study plan before retake? Obviously would be dependent on TLSer but success stories about hours/week, how to review PTs you've already taken.

I'm gunning for that 170 need to build consistency had one perfect LR section, near perfect LG, and was destroyed by the RC section from hell (with my normal score on RC I would have got a 172).

MercW07

Postby MercW07 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello September peeps. I know most of you are not happy to be here but the page count is shockingly low so we kinda need you lol

Also, anyone interested in doing study groups??

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Well....Time to get cozy and go after it!

Experiment626

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

This is comforting to see as I login to LSAC...

December 2017 LSAT scores will not be available until after February 2018 LSAT registration deadlines have passed. Therefore, if you think you may want to take the February 2018 test, you must register for it before you know your December 2017 score.
December 2017 test takers with a reportable score can request a refund for both regular and late registration fees if they wish to withdraw their February registration after receiving their December score. Eligible candidates must submit a request for a refund by January 9, 2018. Requests should be emailed to LSACrefunds@LSAC.org and should include `February 2018 Full Refund` in the subject line.

ThatOneAfrican

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Sup everyone
How possible do you think it is to go from a 159 to a 170 in the time we have left till December?

sabraph

Postby sabraph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm

ThatOneAfrican wrote:Sup everyone
How possible do you think it is to go from a 159 to a 170 in the time we have left till December?

What was your previous prep like? How did you feel about test day? Initially it seems like a stretch.

FrasierCrane

Postby FrasierCrane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Checking in...
I'll be listening...
Last edited by FrasierCrane on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThatOneAfrican

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm

sabraph wrote:

What was your previous prep like? How did you feel about test day? Initially it seems like a stretch.

Previous prep was a little...lax I guess? I didn't do as much as I should have. I went through the Powerscore LG and LR bibles, but I let a lot of time of pass afterwards . Then I started using Manhattan LR (which I haven't finished) and the 7sage video explanations. I used the Lsat trainer for RC and I've taken about 3 pts, but I haven't done any section drilling yet. I basically have a lot of material left, which is the only upside.

ThatOneAfrican

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Oh and September score breakdown was:
LG: -8
LR: -7
LR: -7
RC: -6

chewinggum

Postby chewinggum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 pm

So my Sept break down was:

LR-3
LG-0
LR-2
RC-12 :)

I'm registered for December but considering pushing to June and delaying a cycle bc I don't really see myself improving as much as I'd like while working full time. If anyone else is working FT please PM me, I'd love to know your plans for December.

sabraph

Postby sabraph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:22 pm

ThatOneAfrican wrote:
sabraph wrote:

Previous prep was a little...lax I guess? I didn't do as much as I should have. I went through the Powerscore LG and LR bibles, but I let a lot of time of pass afterwards . Then I started using Manhattan LR (which I haven't finished) and the 7sage video explanations. I used the Lsat trainer for RC and I've taken about 3 pts, but I haven't done any section drilling yet. I basically have a lot of material left, which is the only upside.

**I am by no means an expert I was only 5 points higher than you. What works for me might not work for you.**

Section drilling is key. I think more TLSers should section drill before jumping into PTs. I'm using a combination of section drilling during the week (between classes/work shifts) and PTs every Saturday I can (with a couple of extras thrown in on breaks).

If you like LG, its a good place to start I think the LG Bible and 7sage videos to review. Pick a LSAC book of 10 tests drill them, watch the 7sage videos, and redo them until you have them down pat. I also really like the Fox LG game (I know its pricier but I was able to borrow it from another college through my university).

I'm a little bit of a special snowflake in that I love LR. Fox's LR is also really helpful. I really only used the LR bible for fundamentals, Fox's for actual practice, developing higher skills/deeper understanding. You can really make significant gains here since its half the test.

For RC my strategy this go-round is drill drill drill. Find a strategy that works for you. I got comfortable with my solid scores on PTs and didn't drill these at all.

I'm also going to work a warm up into my routine that I can do on test day bc my first section was rough.

I think your ability to make that jump depends on your class/work load and determination to apply in a certain cycle. If there's no rush I'd vote, take a year off, retake in June.

King of the North

Postby King of the North » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 pm

MercW07 wrote:Has anyone here done the LG section from PT57? Its the one that includes the infamous dinosaur game, if that helps to ring any bells.

Anyway, I found the section had an almost unfair level of difficulty. I consider myself pretty strong in the LG department and I was forced to guess on 4 questions. Luckily I got the other 19 questions right, but damn that dinosaur game is hard. I haven't had to guess on an LG section in nearly 2 months so Im pretty rattled right now.

Ok so I did the section timed. I managed to get games 1, 2, and 4 all correct, and I had enough time to get 3 of the 6 questions correct on the dinosaur game. I'm fully certain I could've gotten a perfect score on this entire section if I had spent a couple minutes less on the first game so that I'd have enough time left for the dinosaur game. Difficult indeed, but only difficult because it is time consuming.

King of the North

Postby King of the North » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 pm

King of the North wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Has anyone here done the LG section from PT57? Its the one that includes the infamous dinosaur game, if that helps to ring any bells.

Anyway, I found the section had an almost unfair level of difficulty. I consider myself pretty strong in the LG department and I was forced to guess on 4 questions. Luckily I got the other 19 questions right, but damn that dinosaur game is hard. I haven't had to guess on an LG section in nearly 2 months so Im pretty rattled right now.

Ok so I did the section timed. I managed to get games 1, 2, and 4 all correct, and I had enough time to get 3 of the 6 questions correct on the dinosaur game. I'm fully certain I could've gotten a perfect score on this entire section if I had spent a couple minutes less on the first game so that I'd have enough time left for the dinosaur game. Difficult indeed, but only difficult because it is time consuming.

Good grief. I hate how much time I spent on the first game.

MercW07

Postby MercW07 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 pm

chewinggum wrote:So my Sept break down was:

LR-3
LG-0
LR-2
RC-12 :)

I'm registered for December but considering pushing to June and delaying a cycle bc I don't really see myself improving as much as I'd like while working full time. If anyone else is working FT please PM me, I'd love to know your plans for December.

Is -12 in RC normal for you? Even if it is, surely you could get into the 170s by December with some concentrated RC drilling. If you were going -5 or more in each section Id agree with you, but it seems like you really don't have far to go with regards to prep

ThatOneAfrican

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:44 pm

sabraph wrote:
ThatOneAfrican wrote:
sabraph wrote:

**I am by no means an expert I was only 5 points higher than you. What works for me might not work for you.**

Section drilling is key. I think more TLSers should section drill before jumping into PTs. I'm using a combination of section drilling during the week (between classes/work shifts) and PTs every Saturday I can (with a couple of extras thrown in on breaks).

If you like LG, its a good place to start I think the LG Bible and 7sage videos to review. Pick a LSAC book of 10 tests drill them, watch the 7sage videos, and redo them until you have them down pat. I also really like the Fox LG game (I know its pricier but I was able to borrow it from another college through my university).

I'm a little bit of a special snowflake in that I love LR. Fox's LR is also really helpful. I really only used the LR bible for fundamentals, Fox's for actual practice, developing higher skills/deeper understanding. You can really make significant gains here since its half the test.

For RC my strategy this go-round is drill drill drill. Find a strategy that works for you. I got comfortable with my solid scores on PTs and didn't drill these at all.

I'm also going to work a warm up into my routine that I can do on test day bc my first section was rough.

I think your ability to make that jump depends on your class/work load and determination to apply in a certain cycle. If there's no rush I'd vote, take a year off, retake in June.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I think I'll focus a lot on LG for a little while, before moving on to LR and RC. September LG was technically pretty easy, but even then timing was an issue for me. I'll hold off on Pts for a bit too.
I'd really rather take in December. I'm an international about to graduate so taking a year off, while possible, would complicate things a bit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”