June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by DaydreamNation » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:26 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:When it's 11:20 on a Saturday night and you're checking TLS..and no one is posting. Unbelievable.

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Walliums wrote:
Walliums wrote:Survey results
My thoughts on the results so far... First I think it is great there is so much interest in doing actual studying together! Seems like everyone is a bit interested in everything, so thinking it might be best to divide and conquer. I'm happy to do as much as I can but will likely need some help with organizing. I'm wondering if some others could volunteer to help organize some aspects? For example, I know personally I would really like a study buddy who is my opposite, so I'm happy to handle organizing and pairing off people for study buddies. I'm also a big proponent of doing group calls to review specific sections -- I'm happy to work with someone else to create a calendar (that is completely open to group input, of course).

Any volunteers?

And not specifically on the survey, but I've gotten the sense that most of us are focusing on our weak sections right now with untimed drilling and/or book review. Probably the best thing to schedule first are group chats/calls over section strategy - along with retakers' expertise in their strong sections, maybe we can rope in some of the June folks who performed well to input as well!
I'm happy to help, too. I'm not sure with what, but if you have things in mind you can feel free to hit me up.

DowsingForAJD

New

Post by DowsingForAJD » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 pm

I can also help organize things if need be.

Thinking about taking a PT tomorrow to get a baseline for where I'm at...
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:39 pm

DowsingForAJD wrote:I can also help organize things if need be.
solidarity4ever wrote: I'm happy to help, too. I'm not sure with what, but if you have things in mind you can feel free to hit me up.
Experiment626 wrote: I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
TY all! I will probably hit you all up on Monday since I've just gotten in my Manhattan LR book and am starting in on it. Anyone else who would like to volunteer let me know as well :)

Also, saw some other posts about fixing PT 81 mistakes. I'm trying to not focus on that I would have ended up with a 171 if I had gotten right the questions I did when reviewing the test this Friday.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Walliums wrote:
Also, saw some other posts about fixing PT 81 mistakes. I'm trying to not focus on that I would have ended up with a 171 if I had gotten right the questions I did when reviewing the test this Friday.

Totally with you. I was so pissed after my BR of it but after I calmed down I figured it shows that I can score mid to high 170 if I get my act together with timing and a little more work.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Just redid the first LR section of the June test and there is one question for which the correct answer is totally baffling me. I got it wrong on the day of the test, and I got it wrong on my redo. I don't know how detailed I can get but I just want to say... I hate when this happens and it's kind of discouraging!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 am

I forgot how to LSAT. Someone, please help! :cry:

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:20 am

Walliums wrote:
DowsingForAJD wrote:I can also help organize things if need be.
solidarity4ever wrote: I'm happy to help, too. I'm not sure with what, but if you have things in mind you can feel free to hit me up.
Experiment626 wrote: I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
TY all! I will probably hit you all up on Monday since I've just gotten in my Manhattan LR book and am starting in on it. Anyone else who would like to volunteer let me know as well :)

Sorry I was MIA this weekend! I'm happy to help too. For a calendar, I think it would make sense to start by figuring out when people are available for review sessions, we can always break off into smaller sub groups if necessary. Something I would be interested in too (kind of the premise of the FOX LR encyclopedia) is comparing everyone's Blind Review explanations for a tough question that addresses why each answer choice is right/wrong. For example, comparing our "BR" explanations for the isotopes question might be a good way of seeing a variety of approaches to the same problem and help us pick up tips from each other. This would probably lend itself well if some of us decided to be on the same PT/drilling schedule.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:50 am

solidarity4ever wrote:Just redid the first LR section of the June test and there is one question for which the correct answer is totally baffling me. I got it wrong on the day of the test, and I got it wrong on my redo. I don't know how detailed I can get but I just want to say... I hate when this happens and it's kind of discouraging!
I noticed one too, it may be the same one you're talking about

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pupper

New

Post by pupper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:30 am

Checking in after a weekend of post-LSAT fun! My June score is probably fine, but I know that I can do better! :x

By the way, just in case no one else has suggested it, the absolute best way for a group like this to communicate and keep organized is Slack. We could make separate channels for different topics, foem subgroups, and would have access to loads of nifty addons such as calendars and bots.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 am

pupper wrote:Checking in after a weekend of post-LSAT fun! My June score is probably fine, but I know that I can do better! :x

By the way, just in case no one else has suggested it, the absolute best way for a group like this to communicate and keep organized is Slack. We could make separate channels for different topics, foem subgroups, and would have access to loads of nifty addons such as calendars and bots.
I've never used Slack before. Have you done a paid account or a free account?

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:15 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
solidarity4ever wrote:Just redid the first LR section of the June test and there is one question for which the correct answer is totally baffling me. I got it wrong on the day of the test, and I got it wrong on my redo. I don't know how detailed I can get but I just want to say... I hate when this happens and it's kind of discouraging!
Hmm, was it maybe the voter turnout/generational decline in civic engagement one?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Hmm, was it maybe the voter turnout/generational decline in civic engagement one?
Actually the one I was talking about was in the second LR section, about a legislator. Although. I did get the one you're talking about wrong also lol. I misread the correct response, and I would've chosen it if I hadn't, but I don't see how the answer I chose is wrong exactly either.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:31 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
That one, I think, was that they were comparing older people to younger people, instead of comparing the young voter block and seeing how civic engagement changed over time. A kind of apples to oranges flaw

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Walliums wrote:
solidarity4ever wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
That one, I think, was that they were comparing older people to younger people, instead of comparing the young voter block and seeing how civic engagement changed over time. A kind of apples to oranges flaw
Hmm. I just don't really understand how the correct answer is applicable to the question. It seems irrelevant at best. I don't know how being early/late in a generation applies. Maybe I'm not reading it properly. I chose the AC about relative sizes but it doesn't necessarily highlight a flaw I guess.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Really diving into the LSAT Trainer today... hoping for the best. :roll:

Two days until my birthday and it's making it hard for me to concentrate on LSAT stuff because I'm so excited.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Based on the initial survey results it looks like my situation is different from most of y'all (I need LG help the most and outperformed my PT avg in June are the biggest differences), so I think I'll probably just be checking in here for moral support as opposed to participating in a more structured study group

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Anybody know if LSAC will be releasing a new 10-test book of 72-81?

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:29 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:Based on the initial survey results it looks like my situation is different from most of y'all (I need LG help the most and outperformed my PT avg in June are the biggest differences), so I think I'll probably just be checking in here for moral support as opposed to participating in a more structured study group
I am exactly the same as you.
171 June LSAT, -4 LG, -4 all others combined.
Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

I thought the stimulus of the voting engagement one was not written well. Definitely a question nominated to be thrown out imo. I understand the reason behind the right answer, but I think the stimulus was a little ambiguous and didn't provide enough to fully eliminate the one I picked.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:Really diving into the LSAT Trainer today... hoping for the best. :roll:

Two days until my birthday and it's making it hard for me to concentrate on LSAT stuff because I'm so excited.
Happy early birthday! I just got the Trainer in the mail, too. Planning on reading the intro chapters and LR set one this week.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:39 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Really diving into the LSAT Trainer today... hoping for the best. :roll:

Happy early birthday! I just got the Trainer in the mail, too. Planning on reading the intro chapters and LR set one this week.
Thank you! I read the intro lessons yesterday, just now diving into the "Flaw" lessons.

Maybe this will help me not go -8 LR again... I am still so upset with myself for that.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:Based on the initial survey results it looks like my situation is different from most of y'all (I need LG help the most and outperformed my PT avg in June are the biggest differences), so I think I'll probably just be checking in here for moral support as opposed to participating in a more structured study group
I am exactly the same as you.
171 June LSAT, -4 LG, -4 all others combined.
Okay cool that's good to know. I actually went -3 each on LG, LR1 and RC and then -2 on LR2 in June but I still know that LG is where I need the most help. Those LR and RC results roughly align to my PT performance prior to the June sitting, but I missed half as many LG q's on the June test as I did on almost all of my PTs (best LG section pre-June was -5 I think). And I had several educated guesses on Game 4 when I ran out of time on the June LG that I got lucky with and were actually correct, so if not for that I'd be in a much different statistical position.

So the bottom line is that my June section break-down is deceiving because I benefitted heavily from the easy LG section. But I still do not want to ignore RC or (to a lesser extent) LR; just need to emphasize LG. What are you planning on using as prep materials? I'm about 2/3 of the way through the Trainer and thinking about maybe trying the PowerScore LG Bible after that if doing section after section doesn't help me.

Edit: Got a 168 in June

pupper

New

Post by pupper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Walliums wrote: I've never used Slack before. Have you done a paid account or a free account?
I've only ever used a free account.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”