Need LSAT advice - To retake or not to retake?

bs101

Need LSAT advice - To retake or not to retake?

Postby bs101 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:07 pm

I took a Testmasters LSAT live course last spring, studied over the summer and got a 165 on the September 2016 test. I had 4 bubbling errors (which would've put me at a 167-8 (SO FRUSTRATING)) so I decided to study again. I re-took the Testmasters live course this Spring for the June 2017 test. Freak accident and was super sick on test day, but didn't cancel my score hoping that my year of studying would shine through. Ended up getting a 164.

At this point I've sunk so much time and money into this damn test (my fault I know), I just feel like there's a 170+ deep inside me just waiting for the right circumstances. I'm in a T14 or re-apply mindset, and with a low GPA I'm banking on the LSAT to overshadow. Do I re-take the September test or would that do more harm than good?

My info:
Undergrad - Northwestern
GPA - 3.21 (3.87 major/minor, premed fucked me over)
Currently 1 year working at a Big Law corporate firm

Thanks!

Ntp73821

Re: Need LSAT advice - To retake or not to retake?

Postby Ntp73821 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:20 pm

What was your PT range going into the test? I would retake if you have the time to do so. I think you'll end up regretting it if you don't, especially if you feel that you are capable of a higher score.

edit: if your first test was a bubbling error and your second test you were sick, I think you owe yourself at least one more go at it!

bs101

Re: Need LSAT advice - To retake or not to retake?

Postby bs101 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:What was your PT range going into the test? I would retake if you have the time to do so. I think you'll end up regretting it if you don't, especially if you feel that you are capable of a higher score.

edit: if your first test was a bubbling error and your second test you were sick, I think you owe yourself at least one more go at it!

Thanks! I think you're right. My PT range was like 164-170, and if I really focus I feel like I can push it up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”