How to increase 15 points in 10 weeks?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
polisciguy123

New

How to increase 15 points in 10 weeks?

Postby polisciguy123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 am

Hey all,

I'm wondering how I could increase 15 points by September 16th for the LSAT.

I've been studying for ~3 weeks, but have sporadically continued because of family, etc. I should be good to go to start studying hardcore by Friday.
My diagnostic was 142, which went up to 150 the next test. Since then, my next two tests were 150, 149. Obviously, I'm struggling to find out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's the pressure I'm putting on myself, or my tactics. My magic number is 165, but obviously if I increased to 170+ that be cool. I've heard of people going from 149 to 171 in two months, so I know that it's possible. Another user said they went from 145 to 165 in 6 weeks.
I don't think I'm stupid and I'm not going to give up. I understand the only obstacle here is myself, but is there anyone who can help me on exactly HOW I can approach to study for a 15+ point increase? Like a study schedule, number of tests, etc?

I've finished the Powerscore books except the RC Bible because I heard it doesn't help much, and well, it's RC. I'm confident I can learn that from the tests and going over them.

Any help, especially personal experiences, is much appreciated.

coskigirl

Bronze

Re: How to increase 15 points in 10 weeks?

Postby coskigirl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:41 am

It's hard to say what will help without a breakdown of where you're struggling. You say you've finished the PS Bibles but you've only been studying for 3 weeks and sporadically at that. It seems to me that you're not truly comprehending what you're doing as those books take significant time and dedication to get through.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 am

Yeah you didn't give the bibles their due diligence, you just kinda read through them, it seems like. The test is all about understanding how questions and question types work, not something you can exactly skim over.

Impressionist

Bronze

Postby Impressionist » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Are you working or do you have all day every day between now and the test? How many do you miss in LG usually?

I agree with the above posters though. I started by focusing on just getting through everything like it seems you are. That isn't good enough on this test. You need to slow down and focus in truly understanding.

polisciguy123

New

Postby polisciguy123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:10 pm

My bad, I should have probably clarified. I read the books within 1.5 months (finished the books in May) and then took a break because of finals and then started taking more practice tests 3ish weeks ago. I know I'm struggling with assumption questions, paradox, parallels, and justify the conclusion.

polisciguy123

New

Postby polisciguy123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Impressionist wrote:Are you working or do you have all day every day between now and the test? How many do you miss in LG usually?

I agree with the above posters though. I started by focusing on just getting through everything like it seems you are. That isn't good enough on this test. You need to slow down and focus in truly understanding.

I work about 20 hours a week, so I have time to study. On LG I miss about 8.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Is it possible? Yes. But you need a solid plan. You won't be able to PT your way there. I'd recommend looking at some of the study plans on these fora, and go from there. Track your progress. If you're not tracking toward your target score, don't rush to take in Sept. Postponing for a higher score is always the right decision.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Pozzo wrote:Is it possible? Yes. But you need a solid plan. You won't be able to PT your way there. I'd recommend looking at some of the study plans on these fora, and go from there. Track your progress. If you're not tracking toward your target score, don't rush to take in Sept. Postponing for a higher score is always the right decision.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�